Proposal: Trouba all encompassing trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I like Gardiner++ for Trouba better as base between these two teams.

Maybe one + depending on how valuable it is.

Gardiner + a decent prospect (ie a Kapanen level guy)bis likely close to what the a Jets will likely get for Trouba

Edit:
Typos

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
You can bet Trouba will be traded for quality, not quantity. Keep that in mind people

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Travis Sanheim and Wade Allison for Jacob Trouba

American RD to a team with a surplus of quality young LD and an open D spot to protect in expansion.

Two good old Manitoba boys to Winnipeg, including a potential top pairing LD that's almost a lock to be a good top 4 defenseman, plus the salary savings and the fact they don't have to protect 4 defensemen in expansion anymore at the expense of a good young forward.

Makes too much sense.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Close thread, jets would have zero interest in Kadri unless he's just the + in a trade of a bigger piece.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Maybe one + depending on how valuable it is.

Gardiner + a decent prospect (ie a Kapanen level guy)bus likely close to what the a Jets will likely get for Teouba

Might fit considering I'd hope the Jets management are looking to contend sooner rather than 5+ years from now when a young defensive prospect matures... thinking of Chychrun or whoever since the Yotes are reportedly very interested in Trouba.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Jets need a top 4 LHD now. Maybe a deal could be made for a more veteran guy and a really good prospect.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Travis Sanheim and Wade Allison for Jacob Trouba

American RD to a team with a surplus of quality young LD and an open D spot to protect in expansion.

Two good old Manitoba boys to Winnipeg, including a potential top pairing LD that's almost a lock to be a good top 4 defenseman, plus the salary savings and the fact they don't have to protect 4 defensemen in expansion anymore at the expense of a good young forward.

Makes too much sense.

It makes no sense for Philly because they couldn't afford to sign him. A contract with a large AAV would have to be going back to Winnipeg.

Include MDZ or Streit for cap reasons.

I'm sure they could make it work.

OK, Streit could work if he agreed to waive his NTC, but would losing MDZ's $3.875m cap hit be enough to sign Trouba? I doubt it. Plus MDZ is not a cap dump. MDZ + Sanheim is worth more to Philly than Trouba.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Kadri, Kapanen, Dermott, 2nd

Probably a no(which is fine) but not really interested in D for a D(Gardiner), we need to add a top 4 D.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Here is my Offer, what do jets fans think?

Canucks trade Top Prospect Olli Juolevi, Janick Hansen, and a 2017 2nd
Jets trade Top 4 d-man Jacob Trouba, and gritty LW Brendan Lemieux. and a 2017 3rd Rounder.

Summary: The canucks managment is in a retool type mode, Trouba fits that mold perfectly, Young, talented, and ahead of the game than olli (who imo will be a top 2 guy in the NHL). Lemieux is a gritty guy who can replace a alex burrows in the upcoming seasons.

Losing Hansen really hurts, maybe the most consistent third liner in the NHL, but we need spots to open up for our youth, ala Virtanen

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Likely too many contracts coming our way. Unless you want to take Stuart or Pavelec off our hands :naughty:

we can take back "contracts" like Biggs or Erixon evened up the number of contracts in the Kessel deal. Basically your bust prospects to make room under the 50 contract limit.

We don't really have room to take cap though since we're over the cap as is and yeah we're subtracting Kadri's 4.5 but have to pay Trouba

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Here is my Offer, what do jets fans think?

Canucks trade Top Prospect Olli Juolevi, Janick Hansen, and a 2017 2nd
Jets trade Top 4 d-man Jacob Trouba, and gritty LW Brendan Lemieux. and a 2017 3rd Rounder.

Summary: The canucks managment is in a retool type mode, Trouba fits that mold perfectly, Young, talented, and ahead of the game than olli (who imo will be a top 2 guy in the NHL). Lemieux is a gritty guy who can replace a alex burrows in the upcoming seasons.

Losing Hansen really hurts, maybe the most consistent third liner in the NHL, but we need spots to open up for our youth, ala Virtanen

Take out Lemieux and Hansen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad