Player Discussion Trevor Zegras : Part III

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Caufield smiles a lot, signaling he might be hard to deal with in a traditional hockey locker room. We'd be taking on trouble with him, plus he's undersized and only a winger.

2nd+Gibson+Colangelo's #66 discounted jersey from the team store.

Habs can continue filling their organisatio , while adding a veteran goalie, best since Price, and adding a legendary number to brighten the team store.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
if we could get a good PP next season, all our kids especially Z would be producing a lot more. Brown/Cronin throwing out the vet unit also hurt them as well.
I think we need to build 3 lines…. And I think you need to give players to zegras that can also produce.

Terry isn’t the answer for zegras, but unfortunately Terry brings down mctavish/carlsson too

Reactions: Deuce22

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Let Terry be "the guy" on his own line
The problem is how do you do that?

Do you have Zegras/McTavish on a line together?

I'd take on the over on Z hitting 70 points next year
Hes gunna hit 85 next season.... remember this post

Hopefully a Getzlaf "my kid was keeping me up in the middle of the night" type bounce back is in order.
Kinda what im hoping.... hell figure it out and be effective.

Cause right now, im half way considering trading him for a more compliment winger. We have play drivers like Zegras/Carlsson/Mctavish.

So many times this year Terry has killed plays by trying to take it through the defense... which in turns takes away valuable time from our point getters as they have to now play more defense than trying to create offense.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Stephens posted an article on Zegras today. This is my favorite quote from Zegras in it as it shows he’s willing to take whatever role he’s needed in if thats what the team needs to succeed.
1713805223747.png

Here is another quote he had praising Verbeek:
1713805325770.png

Attachments

• 1713805208785.png
    1713805208785.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 2

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Stephens posted an article on Zegras today. This is my favorite quote from Zegras in it as it shows he’s willing to take whatever role he’s needed in if thats what the team needs to succeed.
View attachment 857375
View attachment 857379
What a great endorsement of Verbeek - encouraging to see faith in our management and organization coming from the players camp. Especially from someone who had an intense contract negotiation process.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Oiler fan, coming in peace. So obviously Zegras had a rough year, between injuries, production, and team results. Is he long for the Ducks?? or do you guys see him getting dealt this summer?? I like the kid's skill and swagger, thought he was gonna be one of the next crop of stars, he still could be. What do you Duck fans think?
The narrative comes from a combination of people that don’t like how Zegras plays with flashy moves and people that want their team to trade for him and give up nothing. Ducks fans have been clear that he was actually playing well despite his limited production which is also why we weren’t surprised when his scoring picked up late in the season.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
View attachment 857375
View attachment 857379
Zegras is such a fun player and I really think he can mature into a great leader as well. I'm going out of my way to not buy his jersey because we've traded every player whose jersey I own

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
View attachment 857375
View attachment 857379
This stuff should be pinned to the top of every page in every Zegras trade proposal on the MB.

Reactions: LuGBuG

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I think they should give Killorn/Gudas the Captaincy and think after those 2-3 years there’s a legit chance that Zegras takes the reigns
Unnecessary. The "A's" will suffice for them.

Z is definitely up there for my choice as the C, though. Mason's not far off. Zell would be my dark horse pick if neither of these two can step into the role.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Unnecessary. The "A's" will suffice for them.

Z is definitely up there for my choice as the C, though. Mason's not far off. Zell would be my dark horse pick if neither of these two can step into the role.
i would like to have someone wear the C personally in the interim as I think it’s important in the room. And Killorn/Gudas are both highly qualified to do that IMO

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
View attachment 857375
View attachment 857379
What a selfish douche.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad