Injury Report: Trevor van Riemsdyk (now he underwent wrist surgery?)

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
An update from Scott Powers ESPNChicago:

.... the Blackhawks could still recall Trevor van Riemsdyk from the AHL. He could possibly play with Timonen in a sheltered role. Van Riemsdyk said Wednesday he’s still working to get the strength back in his knee. His play has been solid through seven games with the Rockford IceHogs. He has three assists, which included two in a win Friday, and is a plus-4

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
I would really like to see TVR up at least one time before regular season's end. I think he could be a help, but with how the team played last night I am just going to trust Q and company on this one. Look forward to seeing #57 in the future.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
First injury was from blocking a shot. This current injury is day-to-day.

If he's considered injury prone, than half our roster can be viewed as injury prone.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
First injury was from blocking a shot. This current injury is day-to-day.

If he's considered injury prone, than half our roster can be viewed as injury prone.

A lot of players on this roster have blocked a lot of shots without going out for months...

And that was the second of two significant lower body injuries.

LandofLincoln*

Injury prone did we get Martin Havlat or Dave Bolland back on the roster?:sarcasm:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hossa was known as injury prone there for a while, hasn't missed a game this season. (knock on wood)

Players sometime go through bad stretches of games where they get hurt frequently. That's probably all this is for TVR.

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
Too bad for TVR, too bad for us. Our D depth is all the more precarious. Hope he is able to come back strong next year.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I never saw him playing again this season with us again anyway. Being a rookie and learning the game is tough enough, add in 2 leg injuries and that makes it all the more difficult to have confidence in your skating. Sucks to see he's out again though. An offseason of rest could/should do him well

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I never saw him playing again this season with us again anyway. Being a rookie and learning the game is tough enough, add in 2 leg injuries and that makes it all the more difficult to have confidence in your skating. Sucks to see he's out again though. An offseason of rest could/should do him well

If he was healthy he should. TVR is >>>> Rosy. My fear? Rosy will be last year's Zus...the guy that plays so terribly that he becomes the reason we lose a series.

If Q didn't play Zus the Hawks win the Cup. I'll be pissed if that happens again.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
A lot of players on this roster have blocked a lot of shots without going out for months...

And that was the second of two significant lower body injuries.

Man, I've seen a lot of bad comments on this board... But yeesh. It was a freak accident man, a puck hits an uncovered spot and cracks a bone. Doesn't mean your injury prone with an injury like that. But yeah, let's compare that one to every other time someone has been hit with a puck. Makes logical sense.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

I agree. I had my doubts he'd be playing for us again this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad