Injury Report: Trevor van Riemsdyk (now he underwent wrist surgery?)

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
“certainly we liked his thought process in the games. …â€

Aka...He's one of the few D men out there not throwing it away five times a game.

This is exactly why I am so high on TVR. He might not do anything spectacular, but he doesn't do anything stupid either. Not like Rozi or Oduya do anything great offensively, but they certainly make some mind-blowing plays on defense.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Good chance we are seeing TVR's warm up period right now. If you go watch Q's interview from the AM skate it seems he has come along very quickly.

If there aren't any setbacks I think we could see him fairly soon. Just guessing, but based on what I heard today I would say first week in March.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Good chance we are seeing TVR's warm up period right now. If you go watch Q's interview from the AM skate it seems he has come along very quickly.

If there aren't any setbacks I think we could see him fairly soon. Just guessing, but based on what I heard today I would say first week in March.

He won't get contact practice until next wee then an ahl conditioning stint for 2 weeks after that, so look for tvr in a hawks sweater mid march.

ToewsForDays

Feb 8, 2015
He had a full practice on friday with the Hawks. Could be back at the beginning of march

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
and I doubt he gets the full 2 weeks in Rockford if this team needs him up here and he looks ready...2-3 games down there should be sufficient if he looks good..cant do any worse than Rozi

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
They will make a decision RE: TVR after tonights game.

Brian Hedger ‏@BrianHedger · 22m22 minutes ago  Chicago, IL
Q said "something could happen" re: TVR and would address whether he makes the trip after game tonight. #Blackhawks

Either they will send him down to Rockford for a couple weekend games, or they will waive someone (Erixon) and he will play next game. My bet is on him going down for a couple games.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
My bet is he plays a few games in rockford then joins the hawks next friday and a vet is picked up at deadline and plays next to runblad/rosival until oduya is back, then runblad/rosi sit. Erixon is gone, for sure. Maybe runblad too, then rosi is forced to play until oduya is back then he becomes the 7th dman.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
FYI, TVR was actually sent down and not on a conditioning loan.

@HawksCap
@ESPNChiPowers I know this is nitpicking but is TVR on a regular conditioning loan or a LTIR conditioning loan. Big difference for cap.

Scott Powers @ESPNChiPowers
@HawksCap I was told he was taken off LTIR. This was a straight up assignment to Rockford, wasn't labeled a conditioning one.

HawksCap @HawksCap
@ESPNChiPowers Thanks Scott, for some reason I thought he was on a conditioning loan

Scott Powers
@ESPNChiPowers
@HawksCap I was under that impression initially, too.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I've read somewhere that the Hawks aren't even counting on him playing in the NHL again this year, not to say he won't, but that this is more than just a tune up to get ready for the big leagues.

Plus, do they even have any cap space to bring him up before the playoffs without sending one of TT or Nordstrom back down?

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
According to this: http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/CHI?year=2015 his cap hit already is counted against the cap leaving them with 1.5 mil, which is enough if his contract wasn't counted already. Especially since, nordstroms cap hit is likely gone this week, and a dman (rosi or runblad) could be waived if needed.

They need to drop TVR off the active list. His cap hit is $696k for the year, if he never recalled.

Their LTIR replacement number is way too high.It assumes that LTIR was fully used each day which it wasn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad