Trevor Timmins Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Pezzetta may be the worst pick the Habs have ever made in my lifetime. At least with Crisp you could argue that he had some potential, but Pezzetta isn't even a good OHL player.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Pezzetta may be the worst pick the Habs have ever made in my lifetime. At least with Crisp you could argue that he had some potential, but Pezzetta isn't even a good OHL player.

Like did they get the jersey wrong for Sokolov? I don't understand.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Yeah but...Buchnevich and Duclair were still on the board when Crisp was picked. Just a brutal pick.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Like did they get the jersey wrong for Sokolov? I don't understand.

It's simply incredible to me that the Habs drafted Pezzetta instead of Sokolov. He had more goals than Pezzetta had points and clearly Sokolov showed flashes of talent that Pezzetta never did.

Fast forward to this year and Pezzetta ends the year with 19 points and Sokolov... 48 goals and has 6 goals in 6 games in the playoffs.

They're even the same size!

All that after the Habs already tried drafting that type of player a couple of years earlier in Crisp and seeing him bust.

To top it all, you can trade a 5th or 6th round pick to get an established 4th liner. Why waste a pick on them? Always go for talent.

/rant

pled

Sep 7, 2009
pez got on the three star multiple time this season and even during playoff. that's mean he's top 3 out of 40 player at least even if people think he sucks. he's a hard to play against player and I can see some appeal to that. yeah I don't like it but a lot of people like that kind of hockey.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Two games rest of this series, guy played in the series well but he is a total clown on and off the ice.

He's an idiot and a huge wasted pick. Plugs like him are always available if you really want.

Which is it?
Player of the game for 2 out 5 games in PO or an idiot?

Some could say that Shaw was an idiot.
He was picked as an overager in 6th round after a 54 points season.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Which is it?
Player of the game for 2 out 5 games in PO or an idiot?

Some could say that Shaw was an idiot.
He was picked as an overager in 6th round after a 54 points season.

Call me when Pez gets 54 points in a season. He barely has that in his 3 years OHL career.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
I was so mad when I saw they picked pezzetta over sokolov. If the small chance pezzetta ever made the NHL there is always dozens of players exactly like him in free agency. Sokolov has a chance if being a goal scorer in the top 6

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
haven't seen much of Michael Pezzetta so I don't know much about him, I mind this pick less then Crisp since it's a 6th rounder vs 71st overall pick which imo is still in the range where you need to hit more then you miss. I expect nothing out of 6th round picks but understand the frustration. I so badly wanted the Habs to draft Anders Lee in the 7th round after watching him play in the USHS at 15 for STA (Saint Thomas Academy) what a steal that would have been.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Charles McAvoy: 24:11 TOI in Game 1 yesterday for Boston. Where's Sergachev at? Oh right. He struggled against juniors and his team got upset in the OHL playoffs. :shakehead

But it's not on Timmins. As usual...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Charles McAvoy: 24:11 TOI in Game 1 yesterday for Boston. Where's Sergachev at? Oh right. He struggled against juniors and his team got upset in the OHL playoffs. :shakehead

Jost would have been more helpful. Since at best we would be stuck in a perpetual motion of a 0-0 game.

And ultimately the blame lies on Bergevin. The performance of everyone on his staff is his responsibility.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I'm not gonna front like I watch junior hockey, so is it really looking like Sergachev won't develop into a top pairing dman? Thought he was nominated for defenseman of the year down there again.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

I'm hoping someday Timmins will finally get canned. He's a big part of our problem in this organisation. He's so much hype around here... will never understand.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I'm hoping someday Timmins will finally get canned. He's a big part of our problem in this organisation. He's so much hype around here... will never understand.

but look at the past 278904 years the work he has done, he's drafted the most players who actually have played in the NHL..... but with not any major impact....

He is THE KING for drafting 4th liners

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
but look at the past 278904 years the work he has done, he's drafted the most players who actually have played in the NHL..... but with not any major impact....

He is THE KING for drafting 4th liners

And ultimately the blame lies on Bergevin. The performance of everyone on his staff is his responsibility.

That's my cue :nod:

Dusting off old 'shoop :popcorn:

C5tKBc_WUAAv-D_.jpg

(seriously, I'll never get tired of posting that one ;))

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
You realize that should the Habs don't make it against the Rangers, the lowest they could draft is 22nd. Could be a golden pass to pick a late center.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Teams like the Hawks, Pens, Caps, Sharks, Kings usually add depth at the deadline while aiming for players they draft to be impact players on their roster.

We on the other hand, draft players to turn them into bottom 6 players and that when we realize there isn't much hope, trade more picks to acquire bottom 6 players like Mitchell, Flynn, Ott, King etc etc....

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
dman of the year in the OHL means nothing.

I mean look at the list of past winners https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Kaminsky_Trophy

All pretty bad dmen.

I don't know if you're sarcastic, but they're actually all pretty good

That being said, McAvoy looked so amazing during the WJC.. I know he's half a year older than Sergachev, but man I wish he'd been playing instead of Nesterov..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad