Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Linden going after vanek, not done in FA

New third jerseys will be entirely different

This team is rebuilding

Markstrom 55 games

Regrets some trades he made "nobody bats 100%"

Horvat contract is not that far off, looking to 2-8 year deal, everything on the table

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Linden going after vanek, not done in FA

New third jerseys will be entirely different

This team is rebuilding

Markstrom 55 games

Regrets some trades he made "nobody bats 100%"

Horvat contract is not that far off, looking to 2-8 year deal, everything on the table

LOL this is infuriating. Glad I'm not able to listen right now.

1) He should regret almost every trade. I agree nobody bats 1.000, but his batting average at trading is below the mendoza line.

2) No, the team isn't rebuilding. You can say you're rebuilding but unless you actually rebuild it's just lip service. Sadly, it seems there are many people in this market who don't understand the difference between saying you're rebuilding and actually rebuilding.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Jim getting confortable with judd, he seems like the go 2 guy

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Linden hinted he would take cale makar first overall

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Why in the flying f*** would we be looking to sign Thomas Vanek?

'Rebuilding' to these guys just seems to be telling the fans to be patient about a sucky team while leaving no roster spots available for young players.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Rebuilding means developing talent, and if that means filling key roster spots with vets so young guys can develop in the minors so be it.

Rebuilding doesn't mean scorched earth, no vets and trade everyone for picks. There are only so many development spots in an organization and if you oversaturate your system, you are diluting your resources.

I dunno some of you guys think it's possible to have 8 Boeser type guys in the pipeline, it's not healthy.

Say no to losing. Try and win, all the time. Draft right, no matter if you are 1st, 11th or 31st overall.

Develop talent.

Oh and Fire Benning and Linden, they are the suck.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I still say Linden should be fired

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Points to the league standings for each of the past two seasons...as well, it's going to get REALLY ugly if Markstrom gets hurt - not that the team is great with him.

Ya the team is no good, but losing by design is not a good plan and is not rebuilding.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
qWZZ6Ki.png

7.375M minus 2.6M = 5.15M

Thomas Vanek is not going to accept anything less than 2.6M.

2.6M is nothing.

This has Radim Vrbata written all over it.

Will Bo accept 5.15M?

7O34chu.png

I wouldn't.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
qWZZ6Ki.png

7.375M minus 2.6M = 5.15M

Thomas Vanek is not going to accept anything less than 2.6M.

2.6M is nothing.

This has Radim Vrbata written all over it.

Will Bo accept 5.15M?

7O34chu.png

I wouldn't.

I really hope they **** this up and Bo goes to Europe for a year.

Bo for Team Canada! Bo Canada Bo!

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The good news is that my hypothesis of an Evander Kane trade is incorrect.

The bad news is the morons in charge are trying to sign another non-physical, > 30 year old complimentary winger that plays 3rd line minutes.

Geezes effing christ.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
During the Leafs tank year they signed a number of veterans to one year contracts while letting the kids develop with the Marlies and in juniors. At the deadline they flipped many of these short term contracts for more picks. Vanek would fit this same type of strategy.

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
During the Leafs tank year they signed a number of veterans to one year contracts while letting the kids develop with the Marlies and in juniors. At the deadline they flipped many of these short term contracts for more picks. Vanek would fit this same type of strategy.

Which sounds good to me. But I'd be far more concerned that Vanek is looking for multi year deal to set him up for retirement. If he gets anything more then a 1 year deal it's a bad idea.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Which sounds good to me. But I'd be far more concerned that Vanek is looking for multi year deal to set him up for retirement. If he gets anything more then a 1 year deal it's a bad idea.

At 33 and a history of not performing when signed to a multi-year contract I doubt any team will be offering him more than a one year deal. Especially when it's almost September.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

The Leafs tank season looked like this from a cap perspective.

e3qupv6.png

They couldn't trade either Boyes or Parenteau at the TDL.

The following season, 2016-17, they were able to trade Polak and Spaling to the Sharks for Torres ($2M cap dump), 2016 2nd and 2017 2nd.

Polak was making $2.25M and Spaling was making $2.2M.

This transaction was all sorts of awesome. Lamoriello converted $2.45M cap space into two 2nd round picks.

If Jimbo can get Vanek signed to a 1 year $2.6M deal AND Bo to a whatever-term $5.15M deal then I will give full credit to Jimbo.

Is Vanek going to accept $2.6M coming off a 48 point season?

Is our future captain going to accept $5.15M a season?

GreetingsFromCanada

Mar 19, 2016
BC
Signing Del Zotto and Gagner, failing to trade for Demers and trying to sign Vanek are not rebuilding moves. They actually feel a lot more like signing Eriksson and Vrbata. I'm wondering, is it greed for playoff money or are they really dumb enough to believe this will work in the long term? We don't have a duo/trio that can compete with what Edmonton, Toronto, Winnipeg and Calgary got coming up

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
LOL this is infuriating. Glad I'm not able to listen right now.

1) He should regret almost every trade. I agree nobody bats 1.000, but his batting average at trading is below the mendoza line.

2) No, the team isn't rebuilding. You can say you're rebuilding but unless you actually rebuild it's just lip service. Sadly, it seems there are many people in this market who don't understand the difference between saying you're rebuilding and actually rebuilding.

Bahahaha, that no one bats 100% part made my night.

And yeah the moves they made thus far are not definitive evidence of a no BS rebuild. The FA signins and such can really go both ways. Or is this his way of snaking himself out of trouble again.

I don't actually mind Vanek, but...why the ASS are we going after him now? We know he's gonna demand a higher contract. Although I have to say it does fit with stupidity of this regime - always going after guys after their BEST performance, pay them accordingly, then pray to whatever deity they worship that said player can continue their BEST performance (which they almost never do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad