Injury Report: Trevor Moore goes to IR || Leafs recall Pierre Engvall

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I'm starting to really question our depth.

I thought by now long after Fletcher, JFJ, Quinn, Burke that we were on the right path of draft + develop mode.

I understand that Dubas is tight to the cap, but we've had significant names go down only to be replaced by who? The relegated 3rd/4th liner?

I heard an interesting stat last night: Dubas has been the GM for 2 1/2 years and he's already traded 2 x 1st round picks.

You did say draft and develop. The develop part does take some time. Dubas was promoted in May 2018. 18 months, not 30 months.

Can't expect him to have a bunch of mid-late round picks fast tracked to be ready to plug in the lineup in 18 months. That is how long he has been the boss.
Trevor Moore, Engvall and Sandin are 3 kids who have developed well in the last year however.

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

I thought by now long after Fletcher, JFJ, Quinn, Burke that we were on the right path of draft + develop mode.

I understand that Dubas is tight to the cap, but we've had significant names go down only to be replaced by who? The relegated 3rd/4th liner?
Interesting, I had the opposite thought last night with our developed 4th line outplaying the acquired third line. Couldn't help but think I want to see more of Engvall and Timo with less of Shore and Petan going forward

It'll also help when Marner and Moore are back - guys who were drafted/developed by the Leafs.

I heard an interesting stat last night: Dubas has been the GM for 2 1/2 years and he's already traded 2 x 1st round picks.
I'm sure most who follow the team are aware of what he's traded. I figured a guy who posts as much as you would have known this.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Math is sooooo hard. You keep trying this 2 1/2 year BS for Dubas.

It's one year and 28 games. Please, you were corrected before. If you require assistance, there is a whole board here for you.

And who replaced Crosby? It wasn't an all-star. Every team is in the same position when a significant name goes down.

Yikes.

Last edited:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
You did say draft and develop. The develop part does take some time. Dubas was promoted in May 2018. 18 months, not 30 months.

Can't expect him to have a bunch of mid-late round picks fast tracked to be ready to plug in the lineup in 18 months. That is how long he has been the boss.
Trevor Moore, Engvall and Sandin are 3 kids who have developed well in the last year however.
He's doing that deliberately hoping people will forget. It's not the first or even the second time he's said that.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

Actually Dubas is executing Shanahan's vision. So this goes back longer than Lou even.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Engvall has to stay in the lineup. Bring Moore in, take Timashov out.

Mikheyev Matthews Nylander
Johnsson Tavares Marner
Kerfoot Spezza Kapanen
Engvall Goat Moore
Petan/Timashov

Move Hyman (2,250,000) + Shore (750,000) out. Bring 2-3m backup in.

Reactions: hector morrison

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Johnsson Tavares Marner
Kerfoot Spezza Kapanen
Engvall Goat Moore
Petan/Timashov

Hyman plays with the most sandpaper of any of our forwards. Need more, not less of this.

Reactions: rubous

horner

May 22, 2007
Hyman plays with the most sandpaper of any of our forwards. Need more, not less of this.

I didn't know if people have ever played the game before.

As you said you need some sand paper in our lineup

Korshkov I would like to see him in our lineup

Trade Johnson and Kappy

Build the f***ing d and get a quality backup

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Johnsson Tavares Marner
Kerfoot Spezza Kapanen
Engvall Goat Moore
Petan/Timashov

why would we trade away our best fore checker in Hyman??? guy works hard, earns his ice, much needed on this team.... seems even Keefe likes him played 20 min last night...

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
why would we trade away our best fore checker in Hyman??? guy works hard, earns his ice, much needed on this team.... seems even Keefe likes him played 20 min last night...
Because of the cap.

I dont mind Hyman at all, but with our cap situation theres no point extending Hyman for probably 3+ million when you have guys like Engvall, Moore, possibly Korshkov that can provide similar value to the team but make much less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad