Injury Report: Trevor Moore goes to IR || Leafs recall Pierre Engvall

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Was hoping for a major shake-up, something that rattles this team to the core and wakes them up.

Engvall getting called up is definitely not what I was hoping for but I am happy to hear it (except for Moore's injury of course). I've really liked Engvall's play on the Marlies the last two years.

Well deserved shot for Engvall!
Shake up still could happen.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
If it doesn't happen soon, it's going to take a San Andreas sized shake up.

You know whats at work here? Its shit tectonics. When two shit plates strike and come together under incredible pressure what happens Bubs?

shitquake.

Thanks for that fellas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leafsman

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Why does Shore have a permanent spot?
upload_2019-11-18_19-4-24.jpeg

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Certainly hopes he gets into the line-up.

Wouldn't mind seeing him replace Moore.

Mikheyev-?-Engvall (Both Mikheyev and Engvall are identififed as: L/R wing)

So Petan was a center, has he had that opportunity in the NHL?

Mikheyev-Petan-Engvall?

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015

Mikheyev-Petan-Engvall?

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Wouldn’t that be funny to see the two of them with petan two monsters and a midget I don’t even understand why. Petan is on the team

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Engvall's earned the call.

....I mean, assuming that's still a good thing. At the rate we've been going, it could be construed as a punishment. :laugh:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Mikheyev-Petan-Engvall?

He needs to get up to speed first I would think. Babcock runs a different system than Keefe... Or at least he executes it differently.

Just put Spezza on the 3rd line again and keep Shore for the 4th line. We will be fine.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
He needs to get up to speed first I would think. Babcock runs a different system than Keefe... Or at least he executes it differently.

Just put Spezza on the 3rd line again and keep Shore for the 4th line. We will be fine.
how is it different?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Unsuccessfully?

I'd be curious, if the Marlies are as soft in their own zone?
vastly different roster balance for fact.

i see loads and loads and loads of posters here saying babcocks style is holding our players back

and yet no one ever says what that really is/means

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Vegas in a tenacious team, like a dog on a bone.

I'm hoping to see a Engvall -- Gauthier -- Shore 4th line with a lot of bang and crash mentality using their size and strength to their advantage on the forecheck in the OZone.

This would give the Leafs a more prototypical 4th role energy line.

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
Sounds like he may be Mikheyev 2.0? But with center capabilities?

Short hasn’t done much hopefully we see

Engvall - Goat - Timoshov

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
how is it different?

Keefe's systems are more active. Players are always moving their feet in the offensive zone to either chase pucks or find open spaces for passes. There is a sense of structure where certain guys are lined up in certain areas by design, but if the flow of the play breaks up that structure, they adapt on the fly. Now it does lead to mistakes, since if a guy tries to be too overly aggressive he could be caught out of position and it could lead to odd man breaks the other way, but more often than not it puts a lot of pressure on opposing teams to make plays and it usually leads to mistakes on the their end. Plus since people's feet are often moving, and he runs with a fast team, they can recover a lot easier than getting caught flat-footed.

Babcock is more rigid. Guys are in their spots and unless the puck is near them, they don't move from that spot. It's up to the player with or near the puck to make a play with it, and they usually try to get it to the driver/playmaker of the line (i.e. Marner, Matthews, etc.) to make something happen with it. If done properly, it usually means guys are not out of position and it makes it easy for those playmakers to know and predict where their teammates are, but that also means it is very easy for the opposing team to predict where they are too, and all they need to do is shut down the lanes they know the playmaker will try to take, or just smother the playmaker altogether. Plus because people's feet are not moving, more likely to be caught flat-footed if there is a quick break the other way.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I'm starting to really question our depth.

I thought by now long after Fletcher, JFJ, Quinn, Burke that we were on the right path of draft + develop mode.

I understand that Dubas is tight to the cap, but we've had significant names go down only to be replaced by who? The relegated 3rd/4th liner?

I heard an interesting stat last night: Dubas has been the GM for 2 1/2 years and he's already traded 2 x 1st round picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad