Speculation: Treliving Not Allowed to sit at the Draft Table.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I heard that a couple times both through the media and on this board.

What is the reason he can't be there? Does it have to do with previous trades?

I'm sure it's going to be easy to skirt around this problem. An AGM will sit there and draft. There will already be a consensus on who to select.

Thanks to Dubas TOR only has 3 selections, but that could change.

Reactions: ToneDog

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I heard that a couple times both through the media and on this board.

What is the reason he can't be there? Does it have to do with previous trades?

I'm sure it's going to be easy to skirt around this problem. An AGM will sit there and draft. There will already be a consensus on who to select.

Thanks to Dubas TOR only has 3 selections, but that could change.
Because he has all of Calgarys info

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Technically he's still under contract with Calgary until July 1.

But it doesn't matter, Dubas left the cupboards bare anyway
No, he'll have released from that by now, apparently with conditions.

It's a small world, sounds like a Scouts Honour kind of condition that they'll play along with, it's happened before.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
GM's are pretty over rated when it comes to drafts. Draft failure or success is team based (as in there's lots of chefs in the kitchen making decisions with the torch being passed around)). Makes no difference if he's there or not

Reactions: andora

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
It seems he can be even in a suite on site so it'll be fine

We have 3 picks the ability to text and call and GMs can go to him to make trades

Look at the NFL draft every GM is off site

Stupid but we'll be ok

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I heard the draft drops off at 20 so hopefully Treviling trades up and then draft is over. We need some young cheap talent and Tavares only has one or two years left. Soon people will realize we need prospects but have no picks.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
GM's are pretty over rated when it comes to drafts. Draft failure or success is team based (as in there's lots of chefs in the kitchen making decisions with the torch being passed around)). Makes no difference if he's there or not
They can set a direction on the kind of players to take. Under lou, the draft picks were biased towards size and skating (gordeev, mattinen, middleton, desrochers, rasanen, korshkov, jack walker, bobylev, etc). Under dubas, he disregarded size and went for iq and skill. To use another example, rangers like going for size with the odd undersized skilled forward pick after the 5th round after panarin got run over. Ottawa likes physicality, which is why they drafted tyler boucher 10th overall.

It’s to the leafs’ advantage because it gives scouts the freedom to select the players they want and usually they go for skill and iq. It also gives us a look at whether the scouts are competent on their own. I also question the upside of calgary’s picks under treliving.

Last edited:

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
I would think it has more to do with drafting players, he has inside knowledge on who Calgary would be leaning toward, so to me the restriction is probably not allowed to have much contact with the scouting department till after the draft. and they need to be at the table so that's why he wont be there.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Really it doesn't make any logical sense competitively. What, the new guy hasn't been sharing with his new team whatever knowledge he brought with him from the other organization? If it's a technical propriety thing, so be it enforce it universally across the league but we are talking about a league that now openly promotes gambling including on its own games.

Reactions: kb and OddyOh

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I heard the draft drops off at 20 so hopefully Treviling trades up and then draft is over. We need some young cheap talent and Tavares only has one or two years left. Soon people will realize we need prospects but have no picks.
Maybe Tree can trade all the picks Dubas left him to move up a few spots. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: therealkoho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad