Confirmed with Link: Travis Moen re-signed for 4 years, $1.85M per year (modified NTC)

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I concur.
Moen is a good player. Complaining about Moen is strange. His impact on the team is marginal. He is good at his role and brings lots of versatility and defensive awareness.

Fact is, we are usually beaten when other teams top-6's outplay ours. We are very rarely outplayed on the bottom 2-lines, where coincidentally you will find Travis Moen.

It's the top-6 (guys like Plekanec and Pacioretty) that need to win their match-ups if we are to take the next step as a team.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
I concur.
Moen is a good player. Complaining about Moen is strange. His impact on the team is marginal. He is good at his role and brings lots of versatility and defensive awareness.

Fact is, we are usually beaten when other teams top-6's outplay ours. We are very rarely outplayed on the bottom 2-lines, where coincidentally you will find Travis Moen.

It's the top-6 (guys like Plekanec and Pacioretty) that need to win their match-ups if we are to take the next step as a team.

We were badly outscored and outshot last season when Moen was on the ice.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
That may be true but he remains one guy, where 5 make a line. I don't think he is a saboteur. Pacioretty had 0 points in the playoffs... 0.

:shakehead

Pacioretty was playing with a separated shoulder.

Pleks was a -5 isn't surprising. Most ice time / hardest match ups / Anderson was good and our goalies weren't.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Pleks was a -5 isn't surprising. Most ice time / hardest match ups / Anderson was good and our goalies weren't.

While we could assume he had the hardest matchups...

Having the hardest matchup meant being matched against Kyle Turris.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Plekanec is a terrible playoff player.

I am sure Roulin is right about Moen last year. I know his posting and that he is informed on advanced stats. Good poster.

But I agree... we have bigger fish to fry than Moen. Our best guys can not loose their match-ups if they are going to play 1/3 to 2/3 of the game.

It's not just Plek. We all like Pacioretty for his production, speed, and skill. I love to see him rip that wrister from the high slot, but if we are to win he has to be our best player.

Granted he is still young and last year was his first experience in the playoffs. These guys need to will themselves to win. I think they are better players than Ottawa's.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Many people play with injuries in the play-offs. Most people who have played hockey at a high level have had and played with a separated shoulder. Some people probably would not even report a separated shoulder. It hurts for a day or two, sure. Limited strength and mobility after that too, but it is not a dislocation and without the accompanying ligament damage its just a part of the sport. I am sorry he got a booboo.

Next time I hope he bites his mouth guard a little harder and plants himself in front of the net.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
We have too many top six forwards that wont jam... even the boys with size, like Pcioretty, wont play physical when needed. I was so annoyed at Ryder's soft play against Ottawa last year, where finishing his checks would have have taken away Ottawa rushes... but he just pivoted away and allowed the play to continue. That is Montreal's main forward weakness.

PunkinDrublic*

Pleks, Gionta, Deharnais, Gallagher, Briere...4 in our top 6 ! This team will once again get destroyed physically on the playoffs.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Many people play with injuries in the play-offs. Most people who have played hockey at a high level have had and played with a separated shoulder. Some people probably would not even report a separated shoulder. It hurts for a day or two, sure. Limited strength and mobility after that too, but it is not a dislocation and without the accompanying ligament damage its just a part of the sport. I am sorry he got a booboo.

Next time I hope he bites his mouth guard a little harder and plants himself in front of the net.

you know Patches didnt play all the P.O. games right... :shakehead

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
you know Patches didnt play all the P.O. games right... :shakehead

he missed one game.

He now has 1 point in 9 play-off games between the AHL and NHL.

I don't want to turn this into a witch hunt on Pacioretty... which I seem to have anyway.

My point in the context of the Travis Moen thread is this. Moen is marginal in terms of impact... whereas many other guys who have escaped criticism have made dubious contributions when needed most.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

:laugh:

Classic keyboard warrior.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Pleks, Gionta, Deharnais, Gallagher, Briere...4 in our top 6 ! This team will once again get destroyed physically on the playoffs.

Maybe. Surely. So let,s enjoy the regular season FIRST....and then maybe, who knows....some adjustments? Trades? Injuries? Why are we already at how we'll play in the freakin playoffs???

PunkinDrublic*

Maybe. Surely. So let,s enjoy the regular season FIRST....and then maybe, who knows....some adjustments? Trades? Injuries? Why are we already at how we'll play in the freakin playoffs???

I think my personal opinion on this is i'm just sick and tired of having a small team. Just laying out my frustrations. :)

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Lucic was 10 feet away when Marc Savard had his career ended. There is no such thing as "protection".

Tell Travis Moen that.

He could have let Borowicki break Eller's face. But then again, you probably would have complained that Moen did not do anything to stop it. Right?

Badminton season starts soon.....

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Tell Travis Moen that.

He should have let Borowicki break Eller's face. But then again, you probably would have complained that Moen did not do anything to stop it. Right?

Badminton season starts soon.....

Didn't you start a bigass thread on the Habs needing an enforcer because Moen doesn't intimidate?

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Didn't you start a bigass thread on the Habs needing an enforcer because Moen doesn't intimidate?

What is a bigass thread?

Moen cannot fight the Kassian's of the League with any success.

He can stand up for Lars Eller though.

Damned if he does. Damned if he doesnt.

Start a bigass thread so I can see an example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad