Recalled/Assigned: Transaction thread: Granberg up Granberg Down (Apr. 10)

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Granberg is not flashy but he keeps the puck out of the net. The kid has caveman strength.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Watch Carlyle pair Granberg with Phaneuf, over/under on how many games it takes for Leaf Nation to hate on him? Just like what happened to Holzer.

this is what i would expect ...and Carlyle would reason playing him with our best d-man would be helping him, regardless of the fact that he would be facing the toughest opposition

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
wouldnt mind these pairings tonight.

phaneuf-rielly
gardiner-gunnarson
granberg-gleason

franson and ranger can eat some popcorn

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
as long as he is smarter than one. ...though they did create fire, and we still use that today

He doesn't talk much but he seems to understand exactly how he needs to play to be effective. That makes him smarter than 3/4 of the leafs.

Maybe Phaneuf and Granberg will communicate entirely by grunting and make some Panther jerky.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Nice! Hope he gets some decent ice time. Not like it hurts any at this point if the team loses. In fact, losing is preferable. The only thing that conflicts me is that I don't want the team to lose with so many of our young guys getting chances to play.

mikebel111*

Congrats to granberg, really high on him. With leafs eliminated and marlies clinching division, both teams will be putting in youngsters so it gives granberg a shot at big club.

Here is some info on him

Has played with percy as pair pretty much entire season. Runs the 2nd pk with percy as well. Had a really solid season

Durkin67

A little sad that it took this long to give the kids a real look. Other teams do this all the time.

Nothing sad about it. The season wasnt lost because Granberg didnt get a look. This is to light a fire for him to take back with him in anticipation of a good Calder Cup run.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Has played with percy as pair pretty much entire season. Runs the 2nd pk with percy as well. Had a really solid season

Nice to know Percy and Granberg seem to have worked out well as a pairing. Another year of seasoning and they could be ready for the show together. Would be kind of neat (and cheap!) to have a rookie duo 3rd pairing though I get that likely won't happen... not on our club.

mikebel111*

Nice to know Percy and Granberg seem to have worked out well as a pairing. Another year of seasoning and they could be ready for the show together. Would be kind of neat (and cheap!) to have a rookie duo 3rd pairing though I get that likely won't happen... not on our club.
They are both calm on the blueline. Something our d really needs.
Spott talked about the calming influence that percy is which was the reason knodel was put with percy when knodel made his debut just a week ago

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
"WHY DID THEY WAIT SO LONG TO BRING THE KIDS UP!"
"WHY DO THE LEAFS RUIN THE DEVELOPMENT OF PLAYERS AND BRING THEM UP TO EARLY!"

Must be awesome to be one of those people who are right no matter what the Leafs do.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Has played with percy as pair pretty much entire season.

Wait....

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters ·4h
TJ Brennan on Granberg: "He's helped me. I don’t think I’ve helped him. We call him RoboCop sometimes bc he’s just a machine."

Brennan on Granberg: "I try to learn from him defensively, bc he’s a machine back there … He is, in some ways, an inspiration for me"

Did Granberg play with Percy or play with Brennan? Brennan saying "he's helped me, I don't I've helped him" suggests he's played with him? Maybe not though....

mikebel111*

Wait....

TJ Brennan on Granberg: "He's helped me. I don’t think I’ve helped him. We call him RoboCop sometimes bc he’s just a machine."

Brennan on Granberg: "I try to learn from him defensively, bc he’s a machine back there … He is, in some ways, an inspiration for me"

Did Granberg play with Percy or play with Brennan? Brennan saying "he's helped me, I don't I've helped him" suggests he's played with him? Maybe not though....

100% percy. What i think brennan meant was he looks up to granberg as someone that has helped him become better in his own zone.
Brennan has mostly played with marshall

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010

Must be awesome to be one of those people who are right no matter what the Leafs do.

Quote for truth along with "lets build this club the proper way, what we missed the playoffs blow it all up!"

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto

Must be depressing to just look for anything negative in every post.

I find it odd that the Leafs just never give our guys a real chance every now and then for a couple games. Calling up Ashton and have him either play 3 minutes with Colton Orr or a healthy scratch doesn't count. The Leafs have been struggling all season with defense, some individual guys in particular, not once did management think "Hey, we got a good defensive prospect down here playing good hockey, why not give him a look for a couple games?" At best, he plays great. If not, he got a taste of what the league is like and what he has to work on.

Nothing wrong with giving guys who are working hard and playing well some NHL time. The Leafs just seemed to accept their problems as un-fixable. They kept on trotting out the same lineup every single night and hoping for different results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad