GDT: Training Camp: Oh, Hockey’s Back

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I thought the practice drill videos were neat. So many people here complain about the Rangers not doing things to engage the fanbase and then when they do, it's just complaints about the production values. :laugh:

Reactions: egelband and Cmox

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I thought the practice drill videos were neat. So many people here complain about the Rangers not doing things to engage the fanbase and then when they do, it's just complaints about the production values. :laugh:
Nah, it is neat and engaging but You’d think the richest team in the league would do a little more than asking employees to record with their phones? I mean that’s why I’m making fun.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Not complaining and not making fun of. The humor is in the double-take.
You believe you are clicking on a video where you will see maybe some Rangers prospects learning from an expert somewhere in Rye, New York and instead you are watching former NHL player Brian Mullen telling you stop watching TV and playing video games.
That’s funny to a lot of people. Not everyone mind you but a lot.
Of course if you have to explain a joke than it is no longer funny.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think the low-budget aspect makes it appealing. It's geared towards younger kids learning the game, of course. In a garage or basement or some random alley, that's where most kids who grow up Rangers fans will be doing their practicing. I practiced in my driveway or basement on Long Island, and then in MD the driveway was all lopsided and the street was a hill. We made it work. :laugh: "The Greatest Day" was when the tennis courts at the middle school were covered uniformly in an inch of ice after an ice storm, and the half-dozen kids in the neighborhood with skates were able to go up and skate on the courts (they removed the nets on the winter so it was just a flat, open surface).

I know no one is really complaining but I liked the whole thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad