Training Camp II - "And now for the easiest part of a coaches' job: the cuts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Kinda funny how getting scoring from the D has always been a huge problem for Toronto and this preseason we had 5 D putting up a point per game at least (Phaneuf, Gardiner, Rielly, Franson, & Polak). Obviously take it with a grain of salt, but its nice to see these guys picking their spots and taking shots.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@FAN590Walker: Interesting to see Kozun on line with Lupul/Kadri. Long time ago, but Kadri/Kozun played on same line at 2010 World Juniors. #Leafs

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
The more I watch Santorelli, the more I think this guy was the steal of a signing this summer.

I counted 5 times he was on the ice last night that the Leafs scored. Somewhat underrated in the GDT. He reminds me of Bozak a little.

I would not hesitate playing him at #2C between Lupul and Nylander/Kozun/Leivo this year. Really like what he brings to this team.

Great game last night.

Yeah there is no way he is ousting Kadri. Maybe he plays 2nd line RW.

Durkin67

I really like Percy for his simple, quiet, mistake free game. Tons of poise, good decision making. He's an interesting player.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kinda funny how getting scoring from the D has always been a huge problem for Toronto and this preseason we had 5 D putting up a point per game at least (Phaneuf, Gardiner, Rielly, Franson, & Polak). Obviously take it with a grain of salt, but its nice to see these guys picking their spots and taking shots.

It is a direct change in philosophy. Our D never jumped up before and now we have 6 defenseman who are all willing to put pressure and create turnovers and take smart risks.

geary17

Aug 9, 2006
Windsor
Leivo, Kozun, Holland, and Percy have all played their way on this team if we're assigning jobs based on merit. I also have liked Santorelli as a TWF to play with Kadri and Lupul.

My opening night lineup:

Van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Santorelli
Winnik-Komarov-Clarkson
Kozun-Holland-Leivo
Ashton, Orr

Phaneuf-Robidas
Gardiner-Polak
Rielly-Franson
Percy

Bernier
Reimer