Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Maybe make the 2nd ever trade with Calgary

Gernat for one of their goalie prospects. Ortio/Brossoit/Ncaa guy

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Bruins can just poking my head in to ask how Andy Ference is coming along in camp? He is a player I will miss but think he is the kind of player the Oilers fans should come to like (he really is a great locker room guy).

Oct 30, 2011
Bruins can just poking my head in to ask how Andy Ference is coming along in camp? He is a player I will miss but think he is the kind of player the Oilers fans should come to like (he really is a great locker room guy).
Been very solid so far and in the best shape out of our whole team.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Or Pittsburg for Jarry!

Pitt has a stronger D prospect pool then us, doubt theyd do it.

If Brossoit or Gillies come here theyd become our best G prospect. And Gernat would become their best D prospect.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Everyone loves him already

Good to hear-I am not shocked to hear he is in good condition-the man works out hard. He will be a good mentor for some of your young players and will likely start handing out nicknames.

I am going to miss him this season but wish him and the Oilers lots of luck this season.

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
BUTganBIUAMB2AL.jpg_large.jpg

Their excuse was that no one comes to pre-season action. They are meaningless. Plus it's an afternoon game. No one goes to the afternoon. They are just full of crap. Then there's the Panther fan base that thinks they have full games all the time. Well, when you gotta do a buy one get one free for season tickets then yes, you can sell them out. Or hand them to people for free.

Is it really that hard to understand why people would rather catch the evening game instead of losing a working day? Seems pretty logical to me...

NugeFan

Jul 5, 2013
Has anybody been able to see the video from the link the Oilers Official website posted last night? The video was posted to see if you would be able to receive the Winnipeg game being streamed tonight. Of course my video does not appear. I am thinking I may not be able to get the feed tonight.

Thoughts?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Good to hear-I am not shocked to hear he is in good condition-the man works out hard. He will be a good mentor for some of your young players and will likely start handing out nicknames.

I am going to miss him this season but wish him and the Oilers lots of luck this season.

Let's hope! There's far to many nicknames where they just add a "y" or an "er"

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Pitt has a stronger D prospect pool then us, doubt theyd do it.

If Brossoit or Gillies come here theyd become our best G prospect. And Gernat would become their best D prospect.

Gernat may have potential to be their best (certainly offensively), but I would take Wotherspoon and Sieloff over him.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

He brings a lot of what we need. Just hope he can stay reasonably healthy over the next 4 years and we will be more than happy with him.

ps. I still expect them to name him Captian.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

Love what he brings to the table so far. He was the most physically fit player, solid in his own zone, and actually participated more offensively than I expected, but that's not even what I've liked about him. He was paired with Darnell Nurse for the first preseason game, and not only mentored him, but enabled him to play his game. Nurse looked overwhelmed in the Prospects Tourney, but you could just tell how much more comfortable he was on the ice with Ference. If he can have an impact on the development of guys like Nurse, Klefbom, and Marincin, he'll be worth every penny.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Joensuu brought more in that game than many players in our bottom 6 last year brought in a month.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Great guy. Even better in person and community wise.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I still like the Nurse pick, but man Joensuu + Nichushkin on a line together would probably be a giant headache to work against.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Agreed. SHGs are great momentum builders, especially at home.

I mean -look- other coaches have used guys like Hall and Eberle(and RNH or even Yakupov) in the last 30 seconds of the penalty kill. Or used them to kill off a major(everyone PKs).

Is Eakins going to go beyond that? Is he going to start offensive players on the PK? Is he going to spread the talent out across different PK units?
Gregor asked him in the interview what the plan was and Eakins said that whoever can PP will PP, whoever can PK can PK. Doesn't care if the guy is already on the PP, if he can PK he'll PK.

Also said we are going to be more aggressive than we ever saw here before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad