Training Camp 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
He was ********** the first game of the Youngstars. I thought he just looked nervous. He improved to less horrible a bit each day. Still not good though. Watched a bit of yesterdays scrimmage (I think that's what it was). He looked better. I won't get carried away by a little 'not bad' play but maybe there is hope. :) The best thing said about him at the draft was that he was improving very rapidly. (Makes me wonder just how bad was he at the beginning of last season?) But a sustained rapid improvement would suggest a smart player getting used to his body. I hope that is what it is.

i'd guess is that he heard some whispers/talk about him being a reach. i mean, these guys are humans and they and their parents are clipping newspaper articles (those still exist?) for scrapbooks, etc. He knows people are staring.

he is what he is. let's revisit in a year instead of pooping on him and find someone else to poop on (like Thorburn)

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Thanks for the updates, AC.

I am very optimistic about Roslovic. This summer and pre-season he's really looked like he's got "it" to be a very good pro, with definite top-6 upside. He plays at top pace, but always seems very composed. He has very good skills and vision, and his skating is very good.

I would not be at all surprised if he's with the Moose this season. He looks ready for that, sort of like Sonny Milano last season.

I'm starting to really like the Jets' 2015 draft (as many draft analysts did last year)....

Connor
Roslovic
Foley
Niku

(Spacek, Harkins)

I will say possibly franchise changing draft.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
i'd guess is that he heard some whispers/talk about him being a reach. i mean, these guys are humans and they and their parents are clipping newspaper articles (those still exist?) for scrapbooks, etc. He knows people are staring.

he is what he is. let's revisit in a year instead of pooping on him and find someone else to poop on (like Thorburn)

darryl.jpg

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary

Oi no talking bad about my boy thorbzy! Real talk he's a great guy and id rather he stayed with the team in the press box. I love when he scores because next to Wheeler, his effort level stands out the most to me. I'm one of the guys that won't be furious if the season starts and he's still there on the 4th line (as long as he doesn't move up any higher).

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
A couple more notes.

Roslovic continues to impress. I doubt he goes to junior. I think he's showed he's ready for pro hockey

Lipon made the Lowry line go today.

There was about 50 8 year olds watching. They never stopped screaming. My ears are still ringing.

Fanfest in a nutshell! :help:

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
Thanks for the updates, AC.

I am very optimistic about Roslovic. This summer and pre-season he's really looked like he's got "it" to be a very good pro, with definite top-6 upside. He plays at top pace, but always seems very composed. He has very good skills and vision, and his skating is very good.

I would not be at all surprised if he's with the Moose this season. He looks ready for that, sort of like Sonny Milano last season.

I'm starting to really like the Jets' 2015 draft (as many draft analysts did last year)....

Connor
Roslovic
Foley
Niku

(Spacek, Harkins)

Its really looking like a great haul. I have a good feeling about Spacek too.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Any clue about who will be in the lineup tomorrow? Happened upon some free tickets.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Any clue about who will be in the lineup tomorrow? Happened upon some free tickets.

Educated guess

Petan Scheifele Wheeler
Laine Roslovic Armia
Howden Lowry Lipon
Gennaro Harkins Spacek

Enstrom Buff
Melchiori Postma
Stanley Kostalek

Pavelec

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Nobody knows for sure yet. The Jets haven't confirmed it. Game day skate at 10:00am. We'll know bynthen.

Thanks Aavco will hold off on buying tickets until then. On TV they said it COULD be the first NHL appearance of Laine but didn't confirm.

Apparently Puljujarvi going to be on Edmonton squad (again, same vagueness surrounding that)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Educated guess

Petan Scheifele Wheeler
Laine Roslovic Armia

Howden Lowry Lipon
Gennaro Harkins Spacek

Enstrom Buff
Melchiori Postma
Stanley Kostalek

Pavelec

I'm wondering what are they looking at with these lines?

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
hopefully petan plays good with fefe and wheels again tomorrow and they keep that line together

same goes with that laine-roslo-armia one. exciting stuff

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Just saw my first Laine dangle. Crowd oohed . He didn't finish though

If one thing is for sure, you will never get tired seeing Laine pull that kind of stuff. This one is still my personal favorite from last season. And let's just say there were many to pick from. :D

EaIdppu.gif

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'm wondering what are they looking at with these lines?

Both lines have been pretty dynamic the last two days. They originally put Armia with Laine because their both Finnish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad