Training Camp 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The Winnipeg Jets have announced the schedule and roster for their 2016 Training Camp prior to the 2016-17 NHL season. Training camp opens on Friday, Sept. 23 at MTS Iceplex.

Sixty players have been invited to camp, including 34 forwards, 20 defencemen and six goaltenders.

The Jets will conduct training camp at MTS Iceplex from Friday, Sept. 23 to Saturday, Oct. 8. Players will be available to the media at the completion of their entire training day, which consists of their particular group's on-ice session followed by an off-ice workout. Head Coach Paul Maurice or a coach's representative will be available to the media approximately 20 minutes following the final practice of the day.

Training camp sessions held at MTS Iceplex are free and accessible to the public.

In addition to the 52 players under contract or drafted by the Jets, Jake Baker, Kevin Czuczman, Peter Stoykewych, Patrice Cormier and Jiri Fronk have been signed to professional tryout contracts, while Matt Murphy, Tyson Wilson and Brandon Denham have been signed to amateur tryout contracts. All the above players with the exception of Murphy have been signed by the AHL's Manitoba Moose for the 2016-17 season.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

ComplexChris

#RideTheLAINE
Feb 27, 2014
Lainepeg
Wonder why they scheduled the fanfest so early when everyone's gone and at the WCOH, I wanted to get my Laine HC jersey signed :\

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Wonder why they scheduled the fanfest so early when everyone's gone and at the WCOH, I wanted to get my Laine HC jersey signed :\

It's always been held the first weekend of TC. Typically the practices move downtown after the opening weekend.

This year however there will likely be TC practices at the iceplex during the final week because the MTS Centre is booked Oct 5,6,7,8,9 &12. So perhaps you can get your signing then?

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay

I enjoyed that analysis. A good overview.
Competition at the (bottom) forward, defense, and goaltender position is as good as we've seen thus far.
Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.
It's not going to be easy to convince Mo to change up the roster, so the young guys better bring it to this camp.
Fingers crossed they can push out a player or two. Even if it is only to the pressbox, it's a start.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
It's always been held the first weekend of TC. Typically the practices move downtown after the opening weekend.

This year however there will likely be TC practices at the iceplex during the final week because the MTS Centre is booked Oct 5,6,7,8,9 &12. So perhaps you can get your signing then?

I've never gone out to any of the training camp practices/FanFest. Is it customary for players to sign jerseys? Do they all come out to the lobby after sessions to chat and sign? I've also got a Laine jersey that I'd love to be defaced by the boy-wonder himself!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I've never gone out to any of the training camp practices/FanFest. Is it customary for players to sign jerseys? Do they all come out to the lobby after sessions to chat and sign? I've also got a Laine jersey that I'd love to be defaced by the boy-wonder himself!

Some will sign as they walk from the ice to the dressing room after the on ice session. I'm not sure Laine will be here for opening weekend

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Would be nice for the US to lose tonight. Buff and Wheels will be back for training camp early.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Would be nice for the US to lose tonight. Buff and Wheels will be back for training camp early.

Honest question Dax. Why would you want 2 of our top players back in camp shifting into low gear with the influx of training camp fodder when they can be playing against top competition and upping their game as the intensity keeps growing. Its not like they need to learn systems etc. Other than Laine who is brand new to the organization I'm hoping for as long as run as possible by all our established players.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Honest question Dax. Why would you want 2 of our top players back in camp shifting into low gear with the influx of training camp fodder when they can be playing against top competition and upping their game as the intensity keeps growing. Its not like they need to learn systems etc. Other than Laine who is brand new to the organization I'm hoping for as long as run as possible by all our established players.

Having them in Camp can help develop chemistry with some of the other guys, we know who they will be playing with come the start of the regular season. But for instance having Buff and Morrissey in camp will allow us to check out how they work together among other things. Plus I want Canada to win. :naughty:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Minnesota has already said they will give their returning players a few days off once they are eliminated. I'm pretty sure all teams will do that.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Having them in Camp can help develop chemistry with some of the other guys, we know who they will be playing with come the start of the regular season. But for instance having Buff and Morrissey in camp will allow us to check out how they work together among other things. Plus I want Canada to win. :naughty:

I want Canada to win as well. Also not too worried about Buff and Wheeler establishing chemistry with the boys. I just think teams with a lot of players at the World cup going deep will start the season at a competitive advantage which could lead to a few more wins early on.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I want Canada to win as well. Also not too worried about Buff and Wheeler establishing chemistry with the boys. I just think teams with a lot of players at the World cup going deep will start the season at a competitive advantage which could lead to a few more wins early on.

They may start with a competitive advantage but even though we might think so these guys aren't machines. I bet by the time some of these guys hit playoffs they will be so banged up and tired. The World Cup is nothing like Olympics. It's a much more physical international tournament. Just ask Seguin and Ekblad.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
They may start with a competitive advantage but even though we might think so these guys aren't machines. I bet by the time some of these guys hit playoffs they will be so banged up and tired. The World Cup is nothing like Olympics. It's a much more physical international tournament. Just ask Seguin and Ekblad.

You may be right, but my focus doesn't go past making the playoffs and every win is a step closer. But it doesn't look like the Americans will get past the round robin round. I'm also less concerned about Buff and Wheeler than Scheif and Trouba. I think for the young guys the experience of this type of tournament can go a long way. I'd love to see a Canada NA final with Scheif and Trouba battling against Canada's best. Would be a great learning experience for them which I think will then pay dividends once the season starts.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

It looks like you may get your jersey signed now.

I'm hoping they get the full team together as soon as possible and right now it's looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad