Proposal: Trading Tyler Myers

Should we trade Myers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Love Myers all you guys want and hate Little...Myers never gives up the puck or makes rookie mistakes...

You'd think a guy as tall & lanky as Myers would appreciate how difficult receiving a pass into ones skates would be.

His exits would be so much stronger with a small adjustment to his routine pass. We're talking about a difference of 5-10 degrees here.

He's also not strong on the puck at all. One has to wonder how much his injury affected his strength conditioning for the past 5 years.

Reactions: Jets 31
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I have high hopes that Chevy can get puljijarvi for Myers at the draft.

If we're talking Finns, there's already been many suggesting Trouba joins his fiancée in Florida where he's already invested in a home & the return is Barkov.

Since they already have a #1 RD in Ekblad, it's hard to take that rumour too seriously.

Reactions: GNP

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Myers has one year left at 5.5m until he is an UFA.
Puljujarvi is an RFA for 5 years after this one? The Jets would be adding.
Trade him and sign de Haan and don't re-sign Enstrom. Morrissey de Haan Kuli is a nice LHD...match them with Trouba Buff and Poolman

Reactions: Tommigun
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Trade him and sign de Haan and don't re-sign Enstrom. Morrissey de Haan Kuli is a nice LHD...match them with Trouba Buff and Poolman

I'd love to add de Haan. I'd thought he'd be lost to Vegas in the expansion draft & was hoping Chevy would arrange a deal for him.

Swore endlessly about McPhee's selections. Still in shock of their performance this year. Show's that at best we're all just arm chair GM's.

With him going to free agency I think he'll be too expensive to fit into our cap.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Only making 3.3m this season.
22m over 5 years and forget about needing a really good 2LHD for awhile.
Not the biggest guy but a solid puck mover and excellent skater. Very good in the D zone.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

I know but chiareli

Reactions: 10Ducky10

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. Talk him into Klefbom while you are at it???

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

Now this I like a lot. I'd be happy to see Chevy somehow aquire Puljijarvi -- I've seen him play, and like the way he skates and handles the puck, and good speed and size. He'd be a great fit for the Jets, as he'd blend in and feel at home with the other Finnish players the Jet's have.

I think this guy with a little time will be a very upper type solid player in the NHL-and could turn out to be a real star. He's the perfect guy for the Jet's to go after, and this guy has crossed my mind many times.

Question is--what would we have to give up to get him ???

How about this --trade Trouba, Petan and Dano

and get back

Pulijijarvi, and RNH - Hopkins

Be a nice deal for the Jet's to make -- I like it--or if Trouba wants to sign here--then maybe offer Myers instead ?? although I'd hate to lose Myers.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
All the time Trouba has missed this season , if Buff got hurt too , i'm not sure we are making the playoffs . If it was Trouba and Myers hurt , i think we still are a playoff team . If we need cap space next year Myers and Enstrom would be who i cut ties with .

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
All hinges on what Trouba does...

This might be a hot take but I'd consider trading Myers for the right offer regardless of the Trouba situation. Myers cannot replace Trouba no matter what, the guy playing in the role that Trouba plays will either be Trouba or the player they get back in the Trouba trade.

Myers has been pretty bad lately, but he still shows why he was so highly touted - he'll have a shift that really surprises you or he'll do something extremely highly skilled.

At the right price I keep him, and after last year I think he's built a really strong loyalty to the org because of the way they treated him through his injury and family situation.

I don't think Trouba is going to stay, so I don't see how we can afford to lose him.

Except a shift here and there is not enough to get from your top 4 dman. You need a level of consistency in your own zone that I do not see from Myers. He is what you used to (still?) think what Buff is. Decent in the offensive zone but just not good enough to be a top dman in his own zone.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
For the 44.8% of people who think we shouldnt trade him.

Current High Value Contracts:

Scheifele - 6.125m

Ehlers - 6m

Perreault - 4.125

Myers - 5.5m

Byfuglien - 7.6m

Kulikov - 4.33m

Mason - 4.1m

Projected 2018 High Value Contracts:

Morrissey ~ 5.5m

Trouba ~ 6m

Hellebuyck ~ 6.5m

Projected 2019 High Value Contracts:

Laine ~ 9m

Connor
~ 6m

Wheeler ~ 6.5m

Potential 2020 High Value Contracts:

Roslovic ~ ?(4-5.5m)

Niku ~ ????(How does he develop?, 4-5m)

I’d love to know how we can keep one of the best goalies in the league, one of the best Power Forwards(Currently one of the best in the league period), an Elite young D-pairing(Meaning Elite for they’re age and development), a high potential Elite Winger(Connor), two very promissing young players who could really fit our mold(Niku + Roslovic) and ofcoarse the best Goalscorer in the league if we keep contracts like Myers.

Jets need to dump Myers this season, Byfuglien the next(I hope we can find a half decent replacement at the 2nd pairing RD), Little(Buyout or maybe Chevy could dwindle someone into taking him), Perreault(Trade, hopefully), Mason(probably buyout at some point IMO).

Long term that’s saving 26.6m that the Jets will really need(like allot)...

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Except a shift here and there is not enough to get from your top 4 dman. You need a level of consistency in your own zone that I do not see from Myers. He is what you used to (still?) think what Buff is. Decent in the offensive zone but just not good enough to be a top dman in his own zone.
I would agree with the bolded. I take issue with the rest.

I have been mostly delighted with Byfuglien this year. He is playing a far more controlled game, both in his own zone, in the danger areas (the bluelines) and physically he has been more engaged. These are all things I yearned for Byfuglien to be when I was really harsh on him.

Myers is not what Byfuglien was. Myers suffers from confidence issues, and paralysis by analysis. If a switch could ever go off in his head and if he could let instinct and skill take over I think he could be an excellent all round top pair guy. Will that ever happen? No idea.

Byfuglien has always had supreme skill and unbelievable agility and mobility considering his size. His issues were attitude - playing for himself and what he thought the team needed, and not doing the job the team actually needed from him. He let his emotions get the best of him.

Of course, there was also a lack of forward skill and him being overplayed that led to some of the problems, but what we are seeing now is a Buff that knows what he needs to do to help the team win. He knows he doesn't have to carry the team offensively or do too much.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't know how people can think Buff is over paid . He signed a shorter contract that will definitely help Chevy down the road . If Buff went to free agency he is easily getting the same money but longer term .

Reactions: surixon and GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I hope if we can’t get Stastny resigned that we try to get Nugent-Hopkins, maybe Myers(+Little and a prospect or two) would get him...

As much as Statsny is a good 2 way center, he is a bit slow, and is invisible quite often. He is a good positional player, makes smart crisp passes, I don't think he's much better than Little. At this point -- I think Little is playing better.

So, why would you sign Statsny when he's going to want around $ 5.5 mil per year, and he is starting to decline already. It makes no sense to me, especially if he would want a 5 or better year term. Stats is good, but we already have an aging Little on the books.

My bet is Chevy will groom Roslovic, for this, who is young and fast, and is very Cap friendly for our financial situation.

If the Jet's feel Roslovic is not ready yet, then the obvious thing to do would be to trade one of our surplus Right D-man for a capable center like RNH or Stall, providing Trouba resigns long term, and if he doesn't then don't trade a RHD.

You can see by reading all these posts, the Jet's future decisions will be
on what Trouba does ?? and if he feels that his future is here with the Jets. He's the "mystery man" in this whole situation because we don't really know what his intentions are. :huh:

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

As much as Statsny is a good 2 way center, he is a bit slow, and is invisible quite often. He is a good positional player, makes smart crisp passes, I don't think he's much better than Little. At this point -- I think Little is playing better.

So, why would you sign Statsny when he's going to want around $ 5.5 mil per year, and he is starting to decline already. It makes no sense to me, especially if he would want a 5 or better year term. Stats is good, but we already have an aging Little on the books.

My bet is Chevy will groom Roslovic, for this, who is young and fast, and is very Cap friendly for our financial situation.

If the Jet's feel Roslovic is not ready yet, then the obvious thing to do would be to trade one of our surplus Right D-man for a capable center like RNH or Stall, providing Trouba resigns long term, and if he doesn't then don't trade a RHD.

You can see by reading all these posts, the Jet's future decisions will be
on what Trouba does ?? and if he feels that his future is here with the Jets. He's the "mystery man" in this whole situation because we don't really know what his intentions are. :huh:
RNH is very expensive. I'd hope if Roslo not ready run Connor little wheeler 2nd line Lowry 3c and 4c copp.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
RNH is very expensive. I'd hope if Roslo not ready run Connor little wheeler 2nd line Lowry 3c and 4c copp.

Yes RNH is expensive -- but he would be no more expensive to our Cap--than if we signed Trouba for about $ 6 mil to 6.5 per year.

Trade Trouba for RNH -- ?? apparently Edmonton wants to unload him and his contract. Note --we'd have to sign Trouba long term first, before trading him tho.

It's a good fit--as Edmonton want a good defenseman, and we want a young long term 2nd line center. Good deal both ways, if Trouba would go there and stay ??

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Yes RNH is expensive -- but he would be no more expensive to our Cap--than if we signed Trouba for about $ 6 mil to 6.5 per year.

Trade Trouba for RNH -- ?? apparently Edmonton wants to unload him and his contract. Note --we'd have to sign Trouba long term first, before trading him tho.

It's a good fit--as Edmonton want a good defenseman, and we want a young long term 2nd line center. Good deal both ways, if Trouba would go there and stay ??
Prefer trouba

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

I don’t think Trouba would be ok with that :/ Why would be go to Edmonton if he doesn’t want to sign here?

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Unless there is a someone who can play as well as Myers RHD you keep him. Jets are contenders, and good teams don't worry about upcoming UFA status of their players, they are trying to win.
Trouba, he's a Jet next year unless there is an outlandish offer sheet.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad