Trading Places LEAFS HABS

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
The difference between Toronto and Montreal is, Toronto might of dipped better. Montreal's rise was too quick, leading to a lack of rebuilding depth. The Habs are filling holes right now like someone looking in the couch cushions for loose pocket change. Toronto got in the dip longer. Gave an extra year of development, and then wham... release of rookies like nothing I've ever seen before. Add an expansion draft that doesn't hurt the team. The holes in the Leafs roster? Players are wanting to fill them. No trade clauses on other teams are now a benefit to the Leafs, not a hindrance. This team is ready to roll.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Habs are just one NYR game away from a Price injury and a lottery pick. Habs have a habit of quick starts and coasting into the playoffs, what if they get off to a slow start? Will they just fold like Fries soaked in gravy and cheese curds?

Hey now, let's not bring poutine into this, that's some deliciousness right there. :laugh:

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Habs are just one NYR game away from a Price injury and a lottery pick. Habs have a habit of quick starts and coasting into the playoffs, what if they get off to a slow start? Will they just fold like Fries soaked in gravy and cheese curds?

It's going to be interesting. It seems like management thinks Drouin is going to be their savior. I know he's skilled, but the guy's only had 2 full-ish NHL seasons and his career high is 53 points. That said, maybe this is the year he breaks out into a full fledged star, and he's going to have to if they want to have any semblance of a cup run.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
there's no cup run coming for them. only disappointment.

Ratboy? I resent that.

njkd5yd6cpay.png

Sorry, off topic ;)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
It's going to be interesting. It seems like management thinks Drouin is going to be their savior. I know he's skilled, but the guy's only had 2 full-ish NHL seasons and his career high is 53 points. That said, maybe this is the year he breaks out into a full fledged star, and he's going to have to if they want to have any semblance of a cup run.

I see the situation Drouin is in is much like Kessel, an elite complimentary player that will produce at a high level but not carry the team and be shredded for not being a generational talent and single handedly winning every game...if LaFleur, Gainey, Damphousse, Roy can be run out of town, Drouin has no chance.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Price can't score goals. How many cups does he have?

As good as Price is (and he's probably the best goalie in the NHL), how big is the difference between say Price and Murray when you sport Crosby/Malkin/Kessel/Letang as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad