Trading Period

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Actually a decent trade for Bathurst IMO. I've always been a fan of Trickett and think he'd benefit with a change of scenery and increased ice time.

Doubt we'll see Pisarik back , probably the same fate for Primeau.

Yeah I'm surprised as well by that trade. Not to mention Trickett is only 18. Still has a couple more good seasons to give. My guess is Mark asked to go back somewhere in the maritimes.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Don't know a whole lot. Heard if was a "substantial" trade that couldn't be made official until later on. It's likely a deal where Rimouski would be adding and not involving Gauthier (quite obvious).

The word substantial got me intrigued because Beausoleil said that he was mainly looking at improving his bottom 6 up front.

I was hoping for a top 6 forward and it might happen from what you heard.

1st+?
Bourque?

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Crazy day on Monday I guess?

Hearing a lot of talks in Rimouski right now but hard to know what is legit. Rimouski was playing Val d'Or at home tonight and some people were discussing the possibility of a trade involving Mantha.

Could it be possible? Would Bourque, Val d'Or 2014 1st, Rimouski 2015 1st and Val d'Or 2014 2nd get it done?

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Crazy day on Monday I guess?

Hearing a lot of talks in Rimouski right now but hard to know what is legit. Rimouski was playing Val d'Or at home tonight and some people were discussing the possibility of a trade involving Mantha.

Could it be possible? Would Bourque, Val d'Or 2014 1st, Rimouski 2015 1st and Val d'Or 2014 2nd get it done?

Val Dor won't me trading Mantha. If anything they're going to add more. They're a contender.

And that package wouldn't come close anyways,imo.

Mantha would cost 2 x 1st rounders , 2nd rounder , A level prospect / player at the draft and that's if they were selling.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Val Dor won't me trading Mantha. If anything they're going to add more. They're a contender.

And that package wouldn't come close anyways,imo.

Mantha would cost 2 x 1st rounders , 2nd rounder , A level prospect / player at the draft and that's if they were selling.

I get what you're saying but for the sake of discussion, the value you've mentionned is pretty much the same thing I was offering.

Unless you're not very high on Bourque?

Anyway, curious to see what will happen in the next few hours.

EDIT : Who are the best top 6 forwards available? (18-19 yo)

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I get what you're saying but for the sake of discussion, the value you've mentionned is pretty much the same thing I was offering.

Unless you're not very high on Bourque?

Anyway, curious to see what will happen in the next few hours.

EDIT : Who are the best top 6 forwards available? (18-19 yo)

Charles Hudon would probably be the best 19 that's available but it's been speculated he'll be traded to Baie Comeau.

Another option is Moncton's Christophe Lalonde. PPG player (37 games - 23 goals and 15 assists for 38 points).

Value would probably be in the 1st rounder + good prospect range. He'll also be back as a 20 year old , hence more valuable.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Charles Hudon would probably be the best 19 that's available but it's been speculated he'll be traded to Baie Comeau.

Another option is Moncton's Christophe Lalonde. PPG player (37 games - 23 goals and 15 assists for 38 points).

Value would probably be in the 1st rounder + good prospect range. He'll also be back as a 20 year old , hence more valuable.

Oliver Cooper, Saint John.

theqprofessor

Aug 7, 2013
William Carrier will be moved as well, he trains with Mantha off season and we all know Mario would be on board

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Rimouski has traded Zachary Fortin to CB for a 2015 4th. Olivier Tremblay has been called up.

Fortin was quite good but Tremblay is definitely the future in goals.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Michael Lalancette saying on TVA sports that Chicoutimi is expected to trade Sylvestre. JF Plante is also expected to be traded. Rouyn and BC would be the front-runners.

Wildcard: Brassard to Gatineau, still possible.

Joel Bouchard saying that BB has made a move. Still waiting to announce the trade so verybody involved is aware of the move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad