Trading Period

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
All purpose trade period thread. Discuss and make your predictions here.

Likely buyers : Blainville-Boisriand , Baie Comeau , Halifax , Gatineau , Rimouski , Drummondville

Undecided : Quebec , Charlottetown , Val D'or , Rouyn Noranda , Cape Breton, Chicoutimi

Likely Sellers : Moncton , Bathurst , Sherbrooke , Victoriaville , Saint John , Shawinigan

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Moncton's block..

Chris Lalonde(Gatineau ,Rimouski,Drummondville) - mid first round pick , A level prospect

Ryan Penny(Halifax ,BLB) - 2nd round pick

Alex Dubeau(BC,RYN,GAT,DRU) - 1st round pick , a level prospect and a 2nd round pick

Cam Yarwood (RIM,HAL,BLB)- late 2nd/ early 3 round pick

James Melindy rights - 4th round pick ( 2nd round pick , mid prospect if guaranteed to return)

Lucas Batt -if he requested a trade(SJ) 4th round pick

IMO , those would be the like scenerios and value. Not saying there going to happen..

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
All purpose trade period thread. Discuss and make your predictions here.

When does the trade period open?

My prediction is Mantha to Hull for some absurd package that likely starts with Dostie and a bunch of draft picks. Regardless, the bulk of whatever we'd be giving up to get Mantha would be headed up the 105/117 at the draft... At which point Groulx will somehow con Val-d'Or into giving them back for what amounts to a hill of magic beans.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
When does the trade period open?

My prediction is Mantha to Hull for some absurd package that likely starts with Dostie and a bunch of draft picks. Regardless, the bulk of whatever we'd be giving up to get Mantha would be headed up the 105/117 at the draft... At which point Groulx will somehow con Val-d'Or into giving them back for what amounts to a hill of magic beans.

Pretty sure it's after the last game before Christmas and it runs until the 8th or 9th of January.

I'm not sure if we'll see Mantha move. He'd be worth a king's ransom.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Pretty sure it's after the last game before Christmas and it runs until the 8th or 9th of January.

Hmm... I'm going to be at the last game before Christmas... It would be interesting if it was Mantha's last game in Val-d'Or as a Foreur.

I'm not sure if we'll see Mantha move. He'd be worth a king's ransom.

Barring any horrible injuries, he'd put the Olympiques over the top IMO, and if Groulx can convince Val-d'Or to take a package that involves a lot of the actual personnel movements occurring at the draft, it would be well worth it for a legitimate run this season.

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
Moncton's block..

Chris Lalonde(Gatineau ,Rimouski,Drummondville) - mid first round pick , A level prospect - Too expensive. but I think that might be the cost to do business this year....

Alex Dubeau(BC,RYN,GAT,DRU) - 1st round pick , a level prospect and a 2nd round pick - A couple things: Not a chance BC picks him up, and also not a chance they get a 1st and 2nd rd pick for a goalie that is 19 and has experienced "0" success in the playoffs and has been streaky at best. No consistency in his last 4 seasons. Playing well the last 6 games doesn't count has being consistent.

James Melindy rights - 4th round pick ( 2nd round pick , mid prospect if guaranteed to return) - Are you serious? Boudreau who is playing gets a 4th and 9th, and Melindy - who you have to admit was horrible last year, gets a 4th for his rights??

Lucas Batt -if he requested a trade(SJ) 4th round pick - for the wildacts sake, I hope they find a way to keep him!!

IMO , those would be the like scenerios and value. Not saying there going to happen..

IMO, I think this year will be a soft year for trades. I think Halifax and Gatineau will fight it out to get Hudon. (I think Halifax wins) I think he is the only star forward that gets traded. As much as I think Mantha should get traded, I think they end up keeping him. I think that could drive the price of a player such as Lalonde up significantly.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Shawi

Will Victoriaville be able to get more than a 4th and 9th for Boudreau, last night's FIRST STAR for Victoriaville? Will Cupper go for another 4th and 9th? Does anyone actually need a goalie and have room for a Euro? Dubeau would be a real deal for someone, but Moncton has no other goalies other than a couple guys with not much experience? Yarwood likely IMO because anything they get is a bonus as he was a FA.

RogueLeader39

Dec 11, 2012
Sept-ÃŽles, QC
Moncton's block..

Chris Lalonde(Gatineau ,Rimouski,Drummondville) - mid first round pick , A level prospect

Alex Dubeau(BC,RYN,GAT,DRU) - 1st round pick , a level prospect and a 2nd round pick

James Melindy rights - 4th round pick ( 2nd round pick , mid prospect if guaranteed to return)

So long as Cadorette is in BC there is no way that they're picking up Dubeau, especially for a 1st rounder.

That being said, I think they would much likely prefer to use that 1st rounder to get an impact QB, someone like Dillon Fournier. They'd also need a winger to play alongside Gamelin and Grégoire, as well as a few upgrades in the overager department (Verpaelst and Chênevert are soft this year IMO).

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
So long as Cadorette is in BC there is no way that they're picking up Dubeau, especially for a 1st rounder.

That being said, I think they would much likely prefer to use that 1st rounder to get an impact QB, someone like Dillon Fournier. They'd also need a winger to play alongside Gamelin and Grégoire, as well as a few upgrades in the overager department (Verpaelst and Chênevert are soft this year IMO).

They will add an impact player, but, it depends on the price. They will not mortage 5yrs of rebuilding for a run this year.

You have to remember that next yr, they still have Zykov, Gregoire, ranger, vanier, meloche, cadorette, boudreau, gamelin. Maybe even Girard.
Initially they thought they would be a contender next year. Turns out they will have 3 great years in a row, assuming everything falls in place for next year as well.

I'm not sure Fournier will be available, but he would be a great pickup!

RogueLeader39

Dec 11, 2012
Sept-ÃŽles, QC
They will add an impact player, but, it depends on the price. They will not mortage 5yrs of rebuilding for a run this year.

You have to remember that next yr, they still have Zykov, Gregoire, ranger, vanier, meloche, cadorette, boudreau, gamelin. Maybe even Girard.
Initially they thought they would be a contender next year. Turns out they will have 3 great years in a row, assuming everything falls in place for next year as well.

I'm not sure Fournier will be available, but he would be a great pickup!

If he isn't, who do you think would be on defense? Culkin? Gélinas? Gazzola?

Also, what do you think are the chances of CHA trading Jack Nevins?

Last edited:

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
IMO, I think this year will be a soft year for trades. I think Halifax and Gatineau will fight it out to get Hudon. (I think Halifax wins) I think he is the only star forward that gets traded. As much as I think Mantha should get traded, I think they end up keeping him. I think that could drive the price of a player such as Lalonde up significantly.

Halifax getting Hudon will be the ultimate irony. Let's just say I don't think Chicoutimi would trade Hudon for Ciampini 1 for 1.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
I don't see how Dubeau has that much value.

He's among the league goaltending leaders and is playing for a rebuilding Moncton squad with a horrible defence. He's been able to find some consistency and has been great as of late (with the exception of the Hali game). He's also going to be back next year as an OA.

The problem is that not many teams are in the market for a goalie.

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
He's among the league goaltending leaders and is playing for a rebuilding Moncton squad with a horrible defence. He's been able to find some consistency and has been great as of late (with the exception of the Hali game). He's also going to be back next year as an OA.

The problem is that not many teams are in the market for a goalie.

the problem is like i pointed out earlier. you can't say the last 10 games have created some sort of consistency. he was as equally horrible at the start of the year, and has been completely inconsistent over his 150 games or whatever he has played.

he is nowhere near having the value you wish he would have.

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
Moncton's block..

I saw him once last season in Charlottetown. He was a standout player hitting everything and he was a very aggressive forechecker. If he is on the block, I'm pretty sure the Islanders will be interested.

After Charlottetown added DiPaolo and Cobbold, the GM said that they will move some players. I wouldn't be surprised to see Antoine Bibeau traded. Nathan Yetman will be traded, probably a d-man too. Perhaps Laplante... I don't know. Marco Sedlar can be traded, I don't care, he isn't good enough. What are the rules about euros and trades ? Are there any specific rules ?

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Can't wait to see what some of these tweeners do. A team like CB, that you have as undecided, are going to be interesting to watch. They're not bottom feeders and they're not legit contenders but they have big assets in guys like Carrier or Darcy who can help provide offense for a team or Hache who has Mem Cup experience / having a good year. They have so many options

nolongeramember

Oct 20, 2013
I saw him once last season in Charlottetown. He was a standout player hitting everything and he was a very aggressive forechecker. If he is on the block, I'm pretty sure the Islanders will be interested.

After Charlottetown added DiPaolo and Cobbold, the GM said that they will move some players. I wouldn't be surprised to see Antoine Bibeau traded. Nathan Yetman will be traded, probably a d-man too. Perhaps Laplante... I don't know. Marco Sedlar can be traded, I don't care, he isn't good enough. What are the rules about euros and trades ? Are there any specific rules ?

id love to see yetman and sedlar traded but i dont think anyone will want them.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
If any "big name" goalie gets moved it will be Jacob Brennan. Or at least Brennan will get moved before Dubeau.

wein

Jul 2, 2013
If any "big name" goalie gets moved it will be Jacob Brennan. Or at least Brennan will get moved before Dubeau.

I don't know why or how you are assuming this. It's not like Brennan has ever really been better or more consistent than Dubeau, which is saying something since Dubeau is relatively inconsistent but pretty great the last 2 months. Dubeau right now is top 3 in GAA and Save% having played the most minutes in the Q. If it's based on play right now I think Dubeau probably has more value.

Bathurst may be willing to part with him for less than Moncton though since they have MacDonald. I think that Moncton would want to actually get a bunch of value back for Dubeau so maybe Brennan is traded first if he would cost less.

What teams would even look for a starting goalie though? Maybe Gat or Val d'or if they decide to keep Mantha but that's about it I think.

I do think Bibeau will have a higher price tag if he is traded and has more value than either of the other two. Auger would probably have the highest if he was available.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
No way, or reason for Halifax to get Hudon, when our needs are an all around defenseman who can play the PP, and a 2nd/3rd liner who plays hard (replacement for Falkenham)

Lucky for us, we can upgrade Duke and our 20 spot, so maybe we look at Gelinas or culkin... Or look at CB for Darcy, Hache...

JEagle

Aug 9, 2012
Cape Breton
Things just got interesting with the likes of Grigorenko possibly returning...

Wonder where he'll end up ?

Cape Breton ?
Val D'or ?

IMHO it's highly unlikely he'll end up in Cape Breton he doesn't fit our team needs or direction and wouldn't be worth the price it'd cost to acquire him.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
IMHO it's highly unlikely he'll end up in Cape Breton he doesn't fit our team needs or direction and wouldn't be worth the price it'd cost to acquire him.

The price could be cheaper than many expect like Kucherov last season. The market is extremely limited and the new import rules make it even more difficult.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad