Trades & Proposals Thread 2016... Is it Trade Deadline Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I predict the Leafs will make 4 trades over the next month:

One involving Polak, one involving PAP, one involving either Matthias/Reimer/Bernier, and one that is random and unforeseen - but more of a minor deal.

StanleyTOR

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
twitter.com
Would you do this deal for Matthews

Just out of pure curiosity. I know Matthews is equivalent/better than Eichel (or at least that's what I've seen/heard).

In that sense, Matthews is a franchise player. Would you trade for Nylander OR Marner + our first round pick this year to get Matthews?

Is he worth that? Just curious.

Last edited:

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
No way.

I'll concede that Matthews is easily better than Marner or Nylander individually but not combined. AND our 1st round pick which could possibly be Pulj/Laine/Chychrun??

No thanks.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

One involving Polak, one involving PAP, one involving either Matthias/Reimer/Bernier, and one that is random and unforeseen - but more of a minor deal.

It really doesn't sound like anything big will happen. I doubt a major trade happens involving a 'core' or player signed long-term.

I think the biggest 'surprise' will involve either Bernier or Reimer to have Sparks finish as the backup.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
If the Leafs held the 3rd overall and they could deal it and one of their best prospects for a supposed franchise player, NHL history tells me a thousand times yes. No doubt the price would be higher than that if the NHL people really think this guy a surefire franchise type center. Look at the price paid for Eric Lindros by Philadelphia and package offered by the Rangers.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It really doesn't sound like anything big will happen. I doubt a major trade happens involving a 'core' or player signed long-term.

I think the biggest 'surprise' will involve either Bernier or Reimer to have Sparks finish as the backup.

I agree with you ... But then again we're used to big rumours from the old regime - and Lou has kept the cards close to the chest ... So we could be in for a surprise

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If the Leafs held the 3rd overall and they could deal it and one of their best prospects for a supposed franchise player, NHL history tells me a thousand times yes. No doubt the price would be higher than that if the NHL people really think this guy a surefire franchise type center. Look at the price paid for Eric Lindros by Philadelphia and package offered by the Rangers.

If you believe that Matthews/Marner/Rielly can be your Toews/Kane/Keith, then yes.
Now add to that core.
However where are we drafting from? I'm assuming 6th/7th/8th?

mayfield7

Jan 19, 2016
Depends where we are picking. I believe anywhere higher than 6 is where I'd consider doing this.

We all love Nylander and Marner, but neither appear to project like Matthews does.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Too big of a deal for me. Love the idea of Matthews as a Leaf, but I'd prefer it happen via the lottery.

OvenMittz*

Yea. i don't see much happening, other than picks being acquired from our free wallets.

OvenMittz*

giphy.gif

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'd do the Pittsburgh first and Marner probably... after some soul searching...

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto

Then when deadline day is winding down....BAM! Blockbuster :)

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm personally of the belief that Leafs are more likely to deal Matthews away for a truck load of assets as opposed to trading away a bunch of their own assets to obtain him. IMO.

If the Leafs happen to win the lottery and have the top pick. There will be some serious offers coming in from other teams to try and obtain it.

While at the end of the day I doubt Leafs would deal the pick away, the odds would be higher of that happening then Leafs dealing up to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad