Trades & Proposals Thread 2016... Is it Trade Deadline Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
the other thread is full.

man. come on, Lou. Make a mouth dropping amazing trade already

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Patience.

Let's keep them trades until deadline. Get more than a few teams knocking at our door for a soon to be UFAs!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Patience.

Let's keep them trades until deadline. Get more than a few teams knocking at our door for a soon to be UFAs!

truthfully - and this isn't even re: tanking or whatever, i'd rather get our pieces now and be done with it. all it takes is one good hit...

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Chuck are you hearing anything on drouin from leafs ? They've been one of the teams scouting him and fits the plan moving forward

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I don't see the Leafs getting Drouin. I can't see any team being able to beat out Anaheim. They have so many top end young assets in Fowler, Vatanen, Ritchie, Theodore, Montour, etc. Leafs would have to pay a premium to keep him in the Eastern Conference and there's no way they are parting with Rielly, Nylander or Marner.

champs*

I don't see the Leafs getting Drouin. I can't see any team being able to beat out Anaheim. They have so many top end young assets in Fowler, Vatanen, Ritchie, Theodore, Montour, etc. Leafs would have to pay a premium to keep him in the Eastern Conference and there's no way they are parting with Rielly, Nylander or Marner.

I dunno, he is not putting up points in the AHL. I would maybe offer up Gardner and see if he bites?

Lifeisnice

Apr 23, 2014
Canada
I don't think the leafs can land Drouin. I doubt Gardiner beats offers from other teams.

Anything that would be considered by TB would get shot down on our end. We aren't moving JVR/Reilly/Nylander/Marner or any other high end assets and that is probably the best move

I would consider a deal around JVR and Drouin but I doubt Lou would given what little we know about mgmt

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario

I can't see Anaheim parting with any of those for Drouin, just like I can't see any blue chip for blue chip prospect swap. Teams tend to want to see what they have in a prospect of that level. More then likely it will be a package of 2 or 3 lesser prospects for him. I think the leafs stack up just fine if that is what they are looking for. If Tampa wants a young roster player then I don't see the leafs being able to match other teams.

champs*

I don't think the leafs can land Drouin. I doubt Gardiner beats offers from other teams.

Anything that would be considered by TB would get shot down on our end. We aren't moving JVR/Reilly/Nylander/Marner or any other high end assets

I would consider a deal around JVR and Drouin but I doubt Lou would given what little we know about mgmt

I dont think it is wise to move a high end player for someone that you hope will become high end. Still a lot of risk with Drouin.

Lifeisnice

Apr 23, 2014
Canada
I dont think it is wise to move a high end player for someone that you hope will become high end. Still a lot of risk with Drouin.

You wouldn't consider something along the lines of...

Drouin + Guds/Vasi for JVR + some prospect like Loov or Leivo?

OvenMittz*

But yet you feel TB would move a prospect of Drouins potential for Gardiner alone?

:facepalm:

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Drouin would be nice shiny toy but we don't have the disposable assets to make this kind of deal. Take Nylander Marner Reilly and our 1st off the table and what do we have that other teams can't beat?

OvenMittz*

Drouin would be nice shiny toy but we don't have the disposable assets to make this kind of deal. Take Nylander Marner Reilly and our 1st off the table and what do we have that other teams can't beat?

Other teams will beat us. I feel we'll only be parting with what we have on our roster now and that won't be enough for TB.. Not to say Drouin is worth a crazy return but considering the attention he is getting and amount of teams in on him, there might be some bidding for him come closer to Deadline.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
If you could set this up for next season, would you do it? 1 year deal.
-Grabner $3.0
-Matthias $2.3
-Spaling $2.2

+Staal $7.5 (Jason Spezza money)
+Nylander .9
+Kapanen .9

champs*

I think the marlies next game is against drouin, interesting watch... I am sure everyone is being carefull on what to offer for this kid. His value in my eyes have dropped form his draft and continues to drop.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
If you could set this up for next season, would you do it? 1 year deal.
-Grabner $3.0
-Matthias $2.3
-Spaling $2.2

+Staal $7.5 (Jason Spezza money)
+Nylander .9
+Kapanen .9

Spezza is hardly a shining example of a good contract.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Move tons of guys at the deadline: Bozak, Parenteau, Matthias, Grabner, Lupul, Hunwick, Polak

Draft Laine 2nd-3rd overall
Sign Stamkos

--------------

JVR - Stamkos - Marner
Laine - Nylander - Timashov (yes I know an all-rookie 2nd line is not too smart. Just imagine the future)
Brown - Kadri - Kapanen
Komarov - Gauthier - Winnik
-Leipsic/Johnson/Dzierkals/Bracco/Leivo

Rielly - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Percy - Harrington
-Loov/Dermott/Nielsen/Valiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad