Proposal: Trades and Tribulations no. 70 (aka no. 69, part 2!)

How many trades will Hughes make by the trading deadline (including Toffoli trade)?

• Toffoli will stand as the only trade.

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 22 9.6%

Votes: 105 45.9%

Votes: 72 31.4%

Votes: 12 5.2%

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • 7 or more

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

This must mean a deal is real close. And that the smart thing from here on out is to sit him.

Edmundson should play this week since there are no back-to-backs. They have Schueneman. And Anthony Marcotte (Laval's pxp guy) said that Belpedio is also with the Habs because he saw him in the video of the players going back in the room yesterday and fist bumping. So that is another D they can use if need be.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Honestly really hope we can pull off a McBain trade, a big potential future 2c would slot in so we’ll behind Suzuki. Couple that with DVo and Evan’s next year and the C position looks much stronger vs what we saw this year

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Allen 'held the fort' for the most part, but I wouldn't say he played well, even though he was in a difficult situation. Tends to leave way too much of the top half of the net open for shooters, and they take advantage. I give him credit for toughing it out on a bad team, but I'm not sure that will be a selling point for contending teams.
Allen had a below .900 save % when Price went down last year and we stumbled into the playoffs because everyone else in the division was losing. For some reason our fanbase and media were claiming he “carried” us to the post season last year. He had a few really good games this season but for the most part was mediocre and again Allen is getting talked up. I don’t understand what the fascination with him is. Like you said, it’s a difficult situation for any goalie playing for us as of late. But there’s a false narrative going around here. He’s a 1b/backup that starts to breakdown when his workload increases.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
This must mean a deal is real close. And that the smart thing from here on out is to sit him.

Edmundson should play this week since there are no back-to-backs. They have Schueneman. And Anthony Marcotte (Laval's pxp guy) said that Belpedio is also with the Habs because he saw him in the video of the players going back in the room yesterday and fist bumping. So that is another D they can use if need be.

Chiarot and Kulak traded
Edmundson and Belpedio in the lineup

Reactions: 26Mats

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

The first 5 letters of his name are...
BEN CH(iarot)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Oh yeah. Look at teams scrambling now that Chychrun is hurt and Lindholm might stay. All of a sudden the pieces that they were never willing to part with are part of the deal.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Zacha is a player you trade when you are already a playoff team with depth who wants to play around injuries.
You don't build teams with players like him. Also if im not mistaken Zacha is not a really fast skater

I'd be interested on him as a complementary winger that can put up 25g, 25a, with the added bonus if he ever became a 2 or 3c. That's what I'd give up limited assets to gamble on.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Honestly really hope we can pull off a McBain trade, a big potential future 2c would slot in so we’ll behind Suzuki. Couple that with DVo and Evan’s next year and the C position looks much stronger vs what we saw this year
Guy seems like a 3C at best. Having a great year in NCAA without coming close to PPG in the other years isn't exactly intriguing.

Reactions: Runner77 and Doc5

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Edmonton is a new one for Chiarot no??

They haven't been at the forefront of teams interested like Flames, Leafs, Blues, and Panthers. But they have come up a few times as a team interested in Chiarot.

But honestly, they may be interested more in a Kulak, who will cost less to acquire.

Ken Holland has said he doesn't want to trade any 1st round picks or top prospects, especially for rentals. So that would get them out of the Chiarot sweepstakes. But they could be in on Kulak instead.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They haven't been at the forefront of teams interested like Flames, Leafs, Blues, and Panthers. But they have come up a few times as a team interested in Chiarot.

But honestly, they may be interested more in a Kulak, who will cost less to acquire.

Ken Holland has said he doesn't want to trade any 1st round picks or top prospects, especially for rentals. So that would get them out of the Chiarot sweepstakes. But they could be in on Kulak instead.

I wonder where they stand on Yamamoto. He started slow in the NHL, had some good moments, and now has cooled off... I haven't seen him play recently much. But he seemed like a high iq player with speed and great work ethic. Like Jesse Puljujarvi, the type of young player you try to get for cheap before he breaks out.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That's bad. Chiarot and Lehkonen are expected to return a 1st each. Pelletier is good but not worth 2 1sts. Also that Lucic contract blows.

Lehk is expected to return a 1st??? Which expert EXPECTS this?

What do you project Pelltier to be? If it's a real deal top 6 forward, you have to be willing to put in to get him.

Jul 6, 2016
Habs are still very interested to get Jacob Pelletier from the Flames org. Maybe Chiarot OR Lehkonen are Flames' targets.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Marleau's reputation was already done from being really, really old. Plus the Leafs were in a complete cap jam too. He was being moved to be bought out, not to play elsewhere.

It's unlikely, but if it doesn't happen this year, it won't happen at all.
Fair enough.

What I mean is that value wise, Marleau with 1 year, $6.25M AAV >>> Gallagher with 5 years, $6.5M AAV regardless of age or ability. Heck, Marleau scored 37 pts in the season prior to being bought out. Gallagher pacing for 28 and the trajectory ain't looking good for the future. I would dance on the streets if Hughes could move that contract.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lehk is expected to return a 1st??? Which expert EXPECTS this?

What do you project Pelltier to be? If it's a real deal top 6 forward, you have to be willing to put in to get him.
Well didn't Hughes basically say that they want a 1st at minimum for Lehkonen? Giving up 2 1sts and eating a shit contract for a player that hasn't even established himself as a real deal top 6 forward is not smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad