Proposal: Trades and Tribulations no. 70 (aka no. 69, part 2!)

How many trades will Hughes make by the trading deadline (including Toffoli trade)?

• Toffoli will stand as the only trade.

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 22 9.6%

Votes: 105 45.9%

Votes: 72 31.4%

Votes: 12 5.2%

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • 7 or more

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Or, Hughes was convinced Pelltier wasn't on the table and wouldn't be...

I'm puzzled why we moved Toffoli so quickly. I'm guessing Hughes wanted to have at least two 1sts in the upcoming draft and didn't want to risk Toffoli's stock falling, so he pulled the trigger. Seemed rushed to me.

If he wasn't on the table for Toffoli, why would he be for any of our other sellable assets?

The math does not add up. It's typical deadline "throw a bunch of shit at the wall to drive clicks for every popular fanbase" garbage.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Zacha has speed though, no? My biggest beef with Dvorak is his lack of footspeed. He's too often behind the play for a supposed defensively responsible C.

If Zacha isn't good defensively, perhaps he, like Dvorak, would be better on the wing.

Was thinking the other day, Caufield - Suzuki - Dvorak may work. Or, ? - Poehling - Dvorak. But Dvorak will get his shot at C under MSL.
I would’nt really want compare Zacha and Dvorak in term of footspeed or skating. Much in term of management side, both won’t really move the needle on a rebuilding team like montreal right now. I woulnt want to pay a legit price for a guy like Zacha cause they will probably ask for a first/second

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
All 3 really good and young. Should be solid down the middle for a long time.
From what I’ve read, McBain’s lack of interest for the Wild stems from a perceived lack of opportunity. I also saw that he had significant skating issues from 2018 reports but it looks like he worked on that since. His stride is not fluid but he apparently moves well for his size.

Any top 6 upside?

Reactions: Sterling Archer

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If he wasn't on the table for Toffoli, why would he be for any of our other sellable assets?

The math does not add up. It's typical deadline "throw a bunch of shit at the wall to drive clicks for every popular fanbase" garbage.
True

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad