Value of: Trade your best player to yourself

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
With all the - AINEC - and your prospects are overrated - and if you take out this guy and add
That guy we have a deal - and Bozak + JVR for everyone in the league - and Tavares is overrated-
And a sign and trade would work but not for only 1 or 2 years of this or that guy - and blah blah blah

What would you trade from your own team to aquire your best player?
This would work best if you only posted about your favorite team.
Then everyone here is held accountable for the rants and raves about perceived value of all
The leagues best players ..

If you don't offer enough for your best player then I would hope another team jumps in and offers
That package for your player. Then you are trapped

If you offer too much for your best player I would hope another team offers their equivelent
player for that package .

Yes , consider contract length . All trades done today , not at the deadline . NTC can not be put in the
offer.

What would you trade for your own best player ?

I guess I will start. Could kickstart this or make it flame out. Here it goes .

John Tavares
For
Lee , Nelson,Barzal, 2018 first. . ( this is more difficult than I first thought .Value your own guys)

Well, here it is

Happy Sunday

Interesting thread idea, that proposal hurts my soul tho.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Don't want to go into a pissing contest here. Mostly wanted to point out this package was not enough for MacKinnon in my opinion. You need to consider Kotkaniemi did that the year right after being drafted while Makar was a year later. In my opinion that are totally in the same tier, but you can have a different opinion.

To some extent, I agree the Makar/Kadri/1st package isn't quite enough for Mack. I think the package for Mack has to include Mikko to be fair, but that's harder to fill in the rest of the trade until we know Rantanen's cap hit. But, with Makar looking like a future stud 1D, it's debatable.

As for Kotkaniemi vs Makar, the age difference is part of the value difference. Makar's extra year means we've seen him take that next step in development, and it looks like it was a big step. Since development isn't linear, I'm much more comfortable with the guy who has taken that next step. That's not to say that Kotkaniemi isn't a top tier prospect, but how good he's actually going to be remains to be seen.

Reactions: jfhabs

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Grand Canyon bump.
Was coming home on the train this afternoon and scrolling old posts and remembered this thread was fun for many. I picked this post to bump because now that it's 2 years later and Tavares is on TML let's ask them if they would take this package for Tavares . I say yes they would in a heartbeat but they should respond . Also the OP was also a Tavares trade by me and I would think they would accept that offering too but you never know . Happy Labor Day weekend to all the working stiffs like myself .

LGI

They would absolutely take that trade. Sheesh, that would look hoprrible today.

Maybe just revisionist history and intense disdain for Tavares, but I wouldn't trade Barzy straight up for him :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad