Value of: Trade your best player to yourself

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kucherov for Hedman.

As great as Hedman is, I think there would have to be a small add on that side. At least right now. Kucherov's value will likely never be higher.

Kucherov for Point/Stamkos + Gourde/Johnson... and probably a mid-pick.

Kucherov for McDonagh + Cirelli + ...Cernak?

Kucherov for Foote + Sergachev + 1st

Kucherov for Foote + ABB + Joseph + ...some kind of pick.
--

Hedman for Stamkos + 2nd

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why not Klefbom? He is arguably the 3rd best player on the team.

McDavid for Draisaitl+Klefbom+Nurse+RNH

Because a smart team wouldn’t trade its top 2 players at the same position, hence the mix of current players and futures and varying positions.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Matthews for Marner and Dermott.
Dubas hangs up the phone.
Leafs fan not interested. We already have a top C in Tavares and Matthews is injury prone and that contract, eeeesh.

Reactions: TheKrewe

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
With all the - AINEC - and your prospects are overrated - and if you take out this guy and add
That guy we have a deal - and Bozak + JVR for everyone in the league - and Tavares is overrated-
And a sign and trade would work but not for only 1 or 2 years of this or that guy - and blah blah blah

What would you trade from your own team to aquire your best player?
This would work best if you only posted about your favorite team.
Then everyone here is held accountable for the rants and raves about perceived value of all
The leagues best players ..

If you don't offer enough for your best player then I would hope another team jumps in and offers
That package for your player. Then you are trapped

If you offer too much for your best player I would hope another team offers their equivelent
player for that package .

Yes , consider contract length . All trades done today , not at the deadline . NTC can not be put in the
offer.

What would you trade for your own best player ?

I guess I will start. Could kickstart this or make it flame out. Here it goes .

John Tavares
For
Lee , Nelson,Barzal, 2018 first. . ( this is more difficult than I first thought .Value your own guys)

Well, here it is

Happy Sunday
I don't know if the Sabres would have enough to acquire Eichel or Dahlin...I'd have to trade one for the other, I guess.

Otherwise to get one of them without giving up the other...Reinhart, Skinner, Mittelstadt, Ristolainen, and three 1st round picks.

I think that's too much, but I'd do it for an elite centerman or a generational defenseman.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hard to say who our best player is lol. Most valuable is easier, but still kind of up in the air. Probably Karlsson or Hertl for value.

Hertl for Couture
Couture for Hertl
Burns for Karlsson
Karlsson for Burns

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Makar dominated college hockey, and then scored 6 points in his first 10 NHL games. In the playoffs. As a defenseman.

Kotakaniemi is a promising youngster, but he's not even remotely close in value to Makar.
Don't want to go into a pissing contest here. Mostly wanted to point out this package was not enough for MacKinnon in my opinion. You need to consider Kotkaniemi did that the year right after being drafted while Makar was a year later. In my opinion that are totally in the same tier, but you can have a different opinion.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Not interested. Much higher on makar than kotka could definitely be some homerism tho
I think the package is fair value, but it would definitely take more then fair value to get MacKinnon. Hard to say if Makar is really more valuable, at the same age Kotka has the edge, but Makar had a crazy learning curve from 19 to 20 (soon to be 21).

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Kucherov for hedman + a pick or a prospect

Kucherov for point + cernak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad