Speculation: Trade Speculators, Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why are we debating something that's like 2 years away? There's so much that will happen between now and then... just seems like a waste of time IMO :dunno:
Somebody randomly out of nowhere brought up how Jonas Hiller is a UFA in 2014. So I joined in the conversation. More or less I didn't mean to turn it into a conversation on our goalie future. I was just trying to say I didn't want Hiller, and it kinda spiraled!:laugh:

With that said I didn't even realize this was the trade thread. Which is what makes Hiller in 2014 being brought up very strange. :shakehead

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Havlat is on his way our of San Jose, now demoted to the 4th line. Wonder what it would cost.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Havlat is on his way our of San Jose, now demoted to the 4th line. Wonder what it would cost.

Hopefully just a couple of text messages from Elias and whatever mystery box of crap Lou wants to send their way.... but nope :(

I can't see them trying to deal him off so soon, but I'll wait to see how many games he's in the doghouse before I try and judge his value.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Would be cool if Hav pulled a Zid. ''I'll accept a trade to New Jersey!'' Only he's got a no move clause, and not a no trade clause like Zid.

Then again that's $5 million for the next two years. After we see what it takes to get Clarkson locked up I think we'll have a good idea of what we can do for the next few years.

Semak

That's a tough one. Ugly stats, ugly cap hit, and is always good for an injury or seven. Oof.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I think we need to start stock piling picks now.

When has Lou ever really stockpiled picks? He might make a prudent trade to pick one up here and there, but he's never going to make the team worse in the short term for picks. Especially not when we're a playoff team.

That's a tough one. Ugly stats, ugly cap hit, and is always good for an injury or seven. Oof.

I don't think he's worth the risk, Patty bff or not.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
If they take a mill and we take the rest, I'd be ok with Havlat. We should have the space over the summer but that will take us out of the running for any other UFAs assuming we resign all of our guys and let Zid walk and trade Tallinder most likely.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
reunite poni and antropov?.....get him on the cheap. those guys would hopefully pull some of the **** they did in toronto and keep the puck deep in the offensive zone forever.

edit: hmmm, a 4 million cap hit and UFA at end of season......trade deadline deal.

Last edited:

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
reunite poni and antropov?.....get him on the cheap. those guys would hopefully pull some of the **** they did in toronto and keep the puck deep in the offensive zone forever.

edit: hmmm, a 4 million cap hit and UFA at end of season......trade deadline deal.

Eh, not with Zubrus coming back later in the season.
This team needs some more speed inserted into the lineup... that doesn't help one bit.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I agree with manila, I'd rather just wait for Zubrus. If we're adding a forward it needs to be a top 6 type. Antropov really isn't that anymore.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Eh, not with Zubrus coming back later in the season.
This team needs some more speed inserted into the lineup... that doesn't help one bit.

I agree with manila, I'd rather just wait for Zubrus. If we're adding a forward it needs to be a top 6 type. Antropov really isn't that anymore.

fair enough. i just remember when they played together in TO with sundin. that line was fun to watch in the offensive zone. but ya, zubrus does that role.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Really don't see a huge need for a fwd right now.

Thought a d-man package for a top 6 fwd was a sure thing, but right now, with Poni acquisition, Lokti acquisition, Butler playing decently and Matteau hanging around, really don't see the need. Just go old school Dev's and roll 4 strong.

So a D-man package for some draft picks makes sense.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
At this point, I'd like to find Tallinder a place to play.

Depth is great, but we're beyond that at this point.
Tallinder is easily a top 4 defensemen and deserves to play as such.

I don't like the idea of cycling players in and out because chemistry is essential between d pairings.

I'm sure Lou will figure something out. That man's brain is always ticking.

Jan 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
I'd like to build a trade around Tallinder and Tedenby. The more games I see Volch struggle, the more I want a more consistent stay-at-home back there.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
At this point, I'd like to find Tallinder a place to play.

Depth is great, but we're beyond that at this point.
Tallinder is easily a top 4 defensemen and deserves to play as such.

I don't like the idea of cycling players in and out because chemistry is essential between d pairings.

I'm sure Lou will figure something out. That man's brain is always ticking.

And Deboer appears to agree based on Tallinder consistently being the odd man out for the past 2 weeks.

I like Tallinder, personally I'd trade other guys prior to Tallinder, but given that he is the odd man out of the current NJ Dev's, and also the numerous possibilities in Albany, I'd be aggressive in looking to move him for picks/prospects(and I'd like 2013 picks because of the draft in newark).

Jan 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
so u want to trade Tallinder and Ted's to find an upgrade over Volch?

You want to trade Tallinder and Tedenby for another defenseman?

As much as I like Teddy, he's got no place on the roster. Tallinder is in and out of the picture.

I have enough confidence in the top 9 to get it done, 4th can be tweaked a bit. An ideal piece for the backend would be a Volch ~2007.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
I really hope Zidlicky is gone next year. Yes he brings that unique element to our defense, but man he is awful to watch in our end. He's always out muscled which causes him to take those stupid penalties. I'd rather he get traded over Tallinder at this point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really hope Zidlicky is gone next year. Yes he brings that unique element to our defense, but man he is awful to watch in our end. He's always out muscled which causes him to take those stupid penalties. I'd rather he get traded over Tallinder at this point.

No way we re sign him. He would be too much money anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad