Trade Scenarios for Kamloops

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
This is 100% correct. Ward is barely good enough to be taking up an OA spot to be brutally honest.

Brandon would have some enticing options otherwise, someone like Brett Hyland ('03) could be a sneaky pickup for a team looking for a solid depth piece. Chaisson (EDM '21) is another 03 that could potentially be available (be one of the better players made avail.)

Chiasson definitely would be a real good upgrade for the top 6. The goaltending has been a huge surprise. Ernst has put up better number than Garand to this point. I think the back-up position will need to be upgraded. Tyler Palmer would be my choice.

Reactions: blazers15

hotmic

Dec 5, 2022
Ward is not good enough to be a 20 year old on a Memorial Cup team. Let alone the fact the guy can't go 4 shifts without taking a stupid penalty.

Henry is also not good enough to be on a championship-calibre team. This isn't the 80s, you don't need goons. You need guys who can play. Josh Anderson for Swift Current in 17-18 was that mix. Top-4 defenceman, but also manhandled anyone who came near him. You need a mix of both, not one extreme.
The Blazers are going to be top heavy skill wise, if you read my thread, that was the point I'm making. They CAN AFFORD to waste a roster spot, be it Ward or Henry, for some muscle they can hide in the line up. You're right, it's not about the 80's, but heavy hockey wins at every level come playoff time today. What fits for a bottom tier team like Brandon, could work well for the Blazers, they have enough skill to hide guys who can be played at certain times. Word is, there is some pressure being bought to bare on the Pats from the league to move Bedard to the host club, which might be why the Blazers are loading up on draft picks. The offer will have to be exceptional and it would be. You can forget young guys, the Blazers will be looking for 19's and probably a 20 to replace Englot at least, if not even Brandwood, however Blazers have been known for loyalty in the past. Sydor is nepotism at it's finest and needs to go, #34 is absolutely brutal and needs to go, which is what I'm saying, if you can play that guy, you can afford to slide a Ward or Henry in to keep teams from running at your skill guys. With the trade history, Cheveldayoff would look good, even better on the Blazers as a net front presence who is tough and can score, much like Toporowski did for Kamloops last year. It is all speculation, but it will be interesting to see what Kamloops does with a month to go before the trade deadline. Bedard is done in the Dub after this year and the Pats aren't winning anything, they have Tanner Howe who looks like he is going to be a guy you can build around, he's not Bedard, but not many kids get 69 points in this league at 16, so dealing Bedard could potentially get the Pats a bright future in trade to surround Howe. Should be fun to see what happens.

Reactions: Oyletime

hotmic

Dec 5, 2022
Chiasson definitely would be a real good upgrade for the top 6. The goaltending has been a huge surprise. Ernst has put up better number than Garand to this point. I think the back-up position will need to be upgraded. Tyler Palmer would be my choice.
Ernst isn't Garand in any way, shape or form, numbers can lie and often do, Jack Campbell anyone? Blazers need a keeper, even a 1A to go with Ernst cause that European kid would be a nightmare to have as a 2 in any playoff run, Memorial Cup. Don't know much about goaltending, don't really watch them as much as I should maybe and don't know who is out there, but that is an area I agree they definitely need to shore up. Ernst just doesn't pass the eye test as a sure fire number one.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Ernst isn't Garand in any way, shape or form, numbers can lie and often do, Jack Campbell anyone? Blazers need a keeper, even a 1A to go with Ernst cause that European kid would be a nightmare to have as a 2 in any playoff run, Memorial Cup. Don't know much about goaltending, don't really watch them as much as I should maybe and don't know who is out there, but that is an area I agree they definitely need to shore up. Ernst just doesn't pass the eye test as a sure fire number one.ould be
Cossa-Ernst would be pretty stellar. Honestly, I don't understand what management is doing. Waiting so long for a significant move. Yeah they got Demek, but he's still a month away.

blazers15

Nov 26, 2022
The Blazers are going to be top heavy skill wise, if you read my thread, that was the point I'm making. They CAN AFFORD to waste a roster spot, be it Ward or Henry, for some muscle they can hide in the line up. You're right, it's not about the 80's, but heavy hockey wins at every level come playoff time today. What fits for a bottom tier team like Brandon, could work well for the Blazers, they have enough skill to hide guys who can be played at certain times. Word is, there is some pressure being bought to bare on the Pats from the league to move Bedard to the host club, which might be why the Blazers are loading up on draft picks. The offer will have to be exceptional and it would be. You can forget young guys, the Blazers will be looking for 19's and probably a 20 to replace Englot at least, if not even Brandwood, however Blazers have been known for loyalty in the past. Sydor is nepotism at it's finest and needs to go, #34 is absolutely brutal and needs to go, which is what I'm saying, if you can play that guy, you can afford to slide a Ward or Henry in to keep teams from running at your skill guys. With the trade history, Cheveldayoff would look good, even better on the Blazers as a net front presence who is tough and can score, much like Toporowski did for Kamloops last year. It is all speculation, but it will be interesting to see what Kamloops does with a month to go before the trade deadline. Bedard is done in the Dub after this year and the Pats aren't winning anything, they have Tanner Howe who looks like he is going to be a guy you can build around, he's not Bedard, but not many kids get 69 points in this league at 16, so dealing Bedard could potentially get the Pats a bright future in trade to surround Howe. Should be fun to see what happens.
Ernst isn't Garand in any way, shape or form, numbers can lie and often do, Jack Campbell anyone? Blazers need a keeper, even a 1A to go with Ernst cause that European kid would be a nightmare to have as a 2 in any playoff run, Memorial Cup. Don't know much about goaltending, don't really watch them as much as I should maybe and don't know who is out there, but that is an area I agree they definitely need to shore up. Ernst just doesn't pass the eye test as a sure fire number one.
While Ernst has improved significantly since the start I do agree we need an upgrade in net. He looks like a legit goalie in the league but he’s far from Garand. After being pulled last night and giving up 5 in Vancouver on Saturday I think that’ll be it for Schnattinger. Someone else mentioned it but Tyler Palmer of the royals makes sense and would probably come cheap considering all signs point to him wanting out. 908 sv% on a garbage royals team last year isn’t bad.

We need guys to play a heavy brand of hockey deep in the lineup but we need guys who can score not put us short handed… no room for the 80s goon as we have no depth scoring, Van olm is a nice player for a 4th line and doesn’t mind mixing it up but Finnie and Ferster need to be replaced by the likes of Chevelyoff, a Chiasson if the price is right, Bertholet, just guys with a finishing touch who can contribute in the corners and on the scoresheet. Englot has played well especially last 3 games the points might not be there but he bangs and crashes more then anyone else and plays with heart I think there’s some value there and he could look really good on a 3rd line with more of a scoring touch on his wings, getting Demek back hopefully in about a month will be huge down the stretch as he was gross as a 18 yr old in Edm last year and should be pretty dominant as a 19 year old on a good team especially playing against second/3rd pairing dman behind Stanks…

The back end needs help they have there offensive Dman in Masters who can qb the pp and help offensively, Bairos is always steady eddy and has contributed big time on the scoresheet of late and Brandwood as a shutdown guy who plays hard minutes against other teams big lines… there’s some good flashes from Hammel as well but I think that’s an intriguing trade peice who could score a nice return… Sarrel/brunicke/Micheal need an upgrade they’re outmatched especially in line mismatches against good teams.

Zellwegger, Laroque, Cheveldayoff/Bertholet, Chiasson, Stannick, Hyland, Bell, Svozil are the names I’d be kicking tires on right now. We’ve got some good young trade chips in and a surplus of picks and I think this team is close to being a real mem tbreat without completely tarnishing the future.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
I'm curious to see if TSN hosts will do some mucky muck on the CB trade potential over the WJHC broadcasts.
I can just see Paddock steaming if his tirade in KAM was real. TSN would love to have more CB in the MEM cup and add another couple of points to the ad rates.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
I'm curious to see if TSN hosts will do some mucky muck on the CB trade potential over the WJHC broadcasts.
I can just see Paddock steaming if his tirade in KAM was real. TSN would love to have more CB in the MEM cup and add another couple of points to the ad rates.
A trade package for Bedard would have to involve Svozil.

3 1sts
2 2nd
2 3rds
2 4ths
Sarell
Levis

blazers15

Nov 26, 2022
A trade package for Bedard would have to involve Svozil.

3 1sts
2 2nd
2 3rds
2 4ths
Sarell
Levis
A little behind on the Bedard rumours but I just listened to Elliotte Friedman 32 thoughts and his take on the league getting involved post Covid. Interesting takes. I think the young blueliners in Brunicke and Micheal, maybe even schnattinger could be pieces involved too but who knows with 17 year old NTC and such.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
A little behind on the Bedard rumours but I just listened to Elliotte Friedman 3I definitely wouldn't 2 thoughts and his take on the league getting involved post Covid. Interesting takes. I think the young blueliners in Bru.nicke and Micheal, maybe even schnattinger could be pieces involved too but who knows with 17 year old NTC and such.
I definitely wouldn't trade both like you suggest

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
This is 100% correct. Ward is barely good enough to be taking up an OA spot to be brutally honest.

Brandon would have some enticing options otherwise, someone like Brett Hyland ('03) could be a sneaky pickup for a team looking for a solid depth piece. Chaisson (EDM '21) is another 03 that could potentially be available (be one of the better players made avail.)
Clouston is handling the season strangely. He does know they're hosting the Cup right? Yes Demek is going to be a real impactful piece in the top 6, but good God, I guess they've lucked out on playing some crappy teams until the big 2 are back.

We need a serviceable back-up, and more depth, and feels like he's dicking around.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
Doesn't always happen but KAM looks deserving of a MEM spot as host. Usually the host is the charity case.
Maybe KAM just holds out for a one for one trade and 3 years of draft picks if Paddock wants to play. Something or nothing.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Keep forgetting about Demek. Any other year I'd be ecstatic with the top 6, but there needs to be an upgrade there. Levis really is a streaky player, but that also is what comes with being 18. A top 6 of Demek, Bankier, Stankoven, Seminoff, Kuefler, Minten is as good as anyone else.

But I'd like to see them make a push for Landon Kosior from PA.

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
Keep forgetting about Demek. Any other year I'd be ecstatic with the top 6, but there needs to be an upgrade there. Levis really is a streaky player, but that also is what comes with being 18. A top 6 of Demek, Bankier, Stankoven, Seminoff, Kuefler, Minten is as good as anyone else.

But I'd like to see them make a push for Landon Kosior from PA.
Do Blazers have a spot open for an overager?

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
Do Blazers have a spot open for an overager?
Unfortunately, coming from a loyal Pats fan, all signs are pointing to the Pats retaining Bedard and Svozil post deadline which I feel is a colossal mistake. In lieu of that, I haven't heard many rumblings towards Dylan Guenther. Are that many people convinced that Guenther returning to Arizona post WJHC is a formality? I'm not convinced it is.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Unless something changes, it's my understanding that Kamloops will be getting Landon Kosior from PA. No idea on the return.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Watch for Kamloops to pull off a blockbuster with Everett involving Zellweger. I think more pieces will be involved too... Perhaps Berezowski as a 20 year old upgrade too

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Watch for Kamloops to pull off a blockbuster with Everett involving Zellweger. I think more pieces will be involved too... Perhaps Berezowski as a 20 year old upgrade too
I'll try to guess

2 1sts
2 2nds
3rd
Drew Englot

For
Olen Zellweger
Jackson Berezowsk

Bankier-Stankoven-Seminoff
Kuefler-Minten-Berezowski
Van Olm-Sydor-Levis
Ferster-Finnie-MacPherson-Ridgewell
Tait

Zellweger-Bairos
Brandwood-Masters
Sarell-Michael
Brunicke

Last edited:
Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
I'll try to guess

2 1sts
2 2nds
3rd
Drew Englot

For
Olen Zellweger
Jackson Berezowsk

Bankier-Stankoven-Seminoff
Kuefler-Minten-Berezowski
Van Olm-Sydor-Levis
Ferster-Finnie-MacPherson-Ridgewell
Tait

Zellweger-Bairos
Brandwood-Masters
Sarell-Michael
Brunicke

I think Everett would want some youth back in that deal. Like a Kaden Hammell

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Unfortunately, coming from a loyal Pats fan, all signs are pointing to the Pats retaining Bedard and Svozil post deadline which I feel is a colossal mistake. In lieu of that, I haven't heard many rumblings towards Dylan Guenther. Are that many people convinced that Guenther returning to Arizona post WJHC is a formality? I'm not convinced it is.

I agree that keeping Bedard (and Svozil too, I guess, if they are a package deal) is a mistake. How much value could there possibly be on having Bedard recognized as a Pat on draft day? And does it matter more than setting the team up for years of success and a shot at the Mem Cup in a few years?

Realistically though, I wonder how far the Pats could hope to go in the playoffs. Right now they are sitting 7th in the conference and if they can go on a real tear they could theoretically climb up as high as 4th, although I guess they could just as easily miss the playoffs altogether with SC and MH still in the running. I could see them pulling off an opening round upset possibly, but I don't know that they have it in them to do it more than once. And as good as Bedard is, he can't drag this team into the conference finals or beyond single-handedly. Most hockey fans know how amazing Bedard looks when he is surrounded by an all-star WJHC cast, but he is a lot less impressive when the Pats are getting pounded by Moose Jaw or whoever.

If the Pats don't trade Bedard, I think Pats ownership will regret it when the team is languishing in the standings next year, but without any kind of star power to justify the bloated ticket prices that they have rolled out since #98 came to town. There are going to be some long nights and a lot of empty seats at the Brandt Centre very soon.

But that said, as an ICE fan I am OK with Bedard being more or less neutralized in the playoffs ;)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I agree that keeping Bedard (and Svozil too, I guess, if they are a package deal) is a mistake. How much value could there possibly be on having Bedard recognized as a Pat on draft day? And does it matter more than setting the team up for years of success and a shot at the Mem Cup in a few years?

Realistically though, I wonder how far the Pats could hope to go in the playoffs. Right now they are sitting 7th in the conference and if they can go on a real tear they could theoretically climb up as high as 4th, although I guess they could just as easily miss the playoffs altogether with SC and MH still in the running. I could see them pulling off an opening round upset possibly, but I don't know that they have it in them to do it more than once. And as good as Bedard is, he can't drag this team into the conference finals or beyond single-handedly. Most hockey fans know how amazing Bedard looks when he is surrounded by an all-star WJHC cast, but he is a lot less impressive when the Pats are getting pounded by Moose Jaw or whoever.

If the Pats don't trade Bedard, I think Pats ownership will regret it when the team is languishing in the standings next year, but without any kind of star power to justify the bloated ticket prices that they have rolled out since #98 came to town. There are going to be some long nights and a lot of empty seats at the Brandt Centre very soon.

But that said, as an ICE fan I am OK with Bedard being more or less neutralized in the playoffs ;)
And also one thing that sucks for Regina if they do end up struggling next season when Bedard is gone, Seattle owns the Pats 2024 1st round pick in the deal that got them Oremba

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
During hockey night in Canada tonight, sure enough they mentioned Zellweger potentially going to Kamloops in a blockbuster. They said they are hearing up to 4 1sts possibly being involved in the package

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
During hockey night in Canada tonight, sure enough they mentioned Zellweger potentially going to Kamloops in a blockbuster. They said they are hearing up to 4 1sts possibly being involved in the package

Welll I hope we also get another Top 6 forward in that deaBut would be a huge addition l.

Well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad