Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I’m not talking about today, I’m projecting out to 22/23 when our competitive window opens.
They are only 10 months different in age though. I dont see how it doesnt make them better either way is what im saying. Anyway doesnt matter he was traded for Laine.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
You said all they would be left with is a third liner.

They needed to trade Dubois and got the best possible return they could have. Kudos to them

All they will be left with is a third liner and some mid round picks that work for you....did I make any spelling mistakes too...my lord the poeple on this site, not sure why I bother anymore

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
All they will be left with is a third liner and some mid round picks that work for you....did I make any spelling mistakes too...my lord the poeple on this site, not sure why I bother anymore
Because that’s literally false, they would trade Laine and get different stuff back. How would they only get mid round picks for Laine??

So, no they wouldn’t be left with just roslovic from the trade. You’re right, this site sometimes...

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
How soon does Laine request a trade out of Columbus

Wasn't the reason he was upset with Winnipeg was because of the calibre of his line mates?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Because that’s literally false, they would trade Laine and get different stuff back. How would they only get mid round picks for Laine??

So, no they wouldn’t be left with just roslovic from the trade. You’re right, this site sometimes...

You don't know that to be false though because it hasn't happened, cool you think it will work out for them...I think it works out better for Wpg and thats a big if, both probably lose out but I will bookmark this one and get back to you in a year
or two! One of the only people I've seen with this opinion but God bless!

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
You don't know that to be false though because it hasn't happened, cool you think it will work out for them...I think it works out better for Wpg and thats a big if, both probably lose out but I will bookmark this one and get back to you in a year
or two! One of the only people I've seen with this opinion but God bless!
I’m one of the only people you’ve seen with what opinion? I’m not following you at all.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I’m one of the only people you’ve seen with what opinion? I’m not following you at all.

That this trade will work out well or even fairly for Columbus, I assume that's why you responded to my post or was it because I forgot to list picks/prospects which Laine would hypothetically be traded for down the line?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
That this trade will work out well or even fairly for Columbus, I assume that's why you responded to my post or was it because I forgot to list picks/prospects which Laine would hypothetically be traded for down the line?
You must not be paying attention at all then because the clear majority of people are saying that Winnipeg lost the deal. I said I think it’s both for good teams.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
You must not be paying attention at all then because the clear majority of people are saying that Winnipeg lost the deal. I said I think it’s both for good teams.

I see PLD re signing in Winnipeg and Laine moving on and have seen generally that sentiment relayed through most of the "experts" i folllow which i tend to agree with....I suppose I agree that Win lost in the extremely short term but imagine we look back in a year or two and see it differently.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
How is it similar besides them being from Finland

Young, RW, goal-scoring Finnish superstar? Game-breaking forward? Playing for Winnipeg?

Sure, perhaps the most distinguishing characteristic is that they are Finnish, but you don't think it's odd that the modern Jets got another shake at having a Laine/Selanne? It's interesting, like a chance to do it right this time. How about when Erik Karlsson broke out for us? Didn't it feel special, if not magical in a way, having Karlsson take over when Alfie was closing in on retirement?

Laine is as old now as Selanne was when he arrived in Winnipeg even. I'm sure Laine has a next step, that might even happen this season.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Young, RW, goal-scoring Finnish superstar? Game-breaking forward? Playing for Winnipeg?

Sure, perhaps the most distinguishing characteristic is that they are Finnish, but you don't think it's odd that the modern Jets got another shake at having a Laine/Selanne? It's interesting, like a chance to do it right this time. How about when Erik Karlsson broke out for us? Didn't it feel special, if not magical in a way, having Karlsson take over when Alfie was closing in on retirement?

Laine is as old now as Selanne was when he arrived in Winnipeg even. I'm sure Laine has a next step, that might even happen this season.

I just see it pretty different in terms of the return. Selanne brought in high end prospects (who didnt turn out like they thought they would obvs.)

Getting prospects in Kilger , Tverdovsky and a 3rd is much different than a proven NHL top 6 young centreman in Dubois. Basically a guarantee instead of a maybe.

Reactions: bert

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
And vice versa here.

Dubois went from Ohio to the Ohio of Canada.

laine going to the Winnipeg of the United States
I hear Columbus is a nice city. I've been to Winnipeg.. Not a top destination but others have made it work I hope for their sake Dubois does

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
A big return for PLD but I think he is more likely to be worth his next big contract than Laine will be. Tough pill to swallow though because players with Laine's talent are so rare, no doubt they've got a little pit in their stomachs thinking he might age like wine as Selanne did.

But goalscorers don't age well historically and now they got a great top 2 C with Scheifele and Dubois, not a bad situation to be in. I'm jealous with our Norris and bums combo.

I hear Columbus is a nice city. I've been to Winnipeg.. Not a top destination but others have made it work I hope for their sake Dubois does
Everyone is saying his dad works for the org so maybe he'll be happy there.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Selanne was a thoroughbred; Laine is not in the same stable as Selanne. Laine is Lazy.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Winnipeg is a nice city to live in, but not in January and February. Too darn cold. Lots of lakes and cottage country nearby.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Winnipeg is a nice city to live in, but not in January and February. Too darn cold. Lots of lakes and cottage country nearby.
I would be fine with it personally but I can see why many others that are more into cosmopolitan life style wouldn't

Reactions: Cosmix

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Laine should have more value than Dubois straight up. He's one of the most talented goal scorers the NHL has seen come into the league since Ovechkin. He's a legit 50G threat beside a top playmaker, which he hasn't gotten the chance to play with yet.

Add Roslovic in and it's a steal for CBJ. They should have had to add in a good young player like Texier/Bemstrom/Foudy along with Dubois at the very least. WPG overpaid massively to fill their hole at #2 long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad