Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Las Vegas Exp Part 2: Mo Defence, Mo Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Arthur Staple, the NYI writer, said this in an interview: "I would not be surprised if Beauvillier and de Haan are packaged in a deal for a top 6 F."

Stauffer dropping hints that the guy coming back for Eberle is a player that can play more positions in the top 9. Beauvillier is a C/LW.

Edit: the Staple quote is a bit down this page: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2358435&page=35

Strome can also play C and W, though he doesn't do either one very well.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
But we don't need the cap space right now so trading him for Strome makes little sense.

It would probably be more to clear cap space for next year and who knows, maybe Eberle really did request a trade.

Not saying that I agree with this at all, I'd much rather keep Eberle than trade him for lesser pieces but I think all signs are pointing to this type of deal for Eberle. All this talk of Hamonic, De Haan or top 4 Dman from Vegas is pie in the sky IMO.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Strome can also play C and W, though he doesn't do either one very well.

Well we can play the "Well Hamonic can play C and W too but not very well" but I have my feeling Chia will not let us down. If there is indeed interest in Eberle, why would he trade him for lesser? Just doesn't make sense. I am sure we are getting Strome + or it's Beau + De Haan. It can't be just one or the other.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
To EDM: DeHaan, Beauvillier
To NYI: Eberle, Bear

To COL: Hamonic, Nelson
To NYI: Duchene

To LV: NYI 1st
To NYI: LV agrees to take Grabovski

NYI signs Alzner
NYI signs Stone

NYI lineup after:

Ladd - Tavares - Eberle
Lee - Duchene - Bailey
Kulemin - Quine - Strome
Prince - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Leddy - Stone
Alzner - Boychuk
Hickey - Seidenberg

The Islanders didn't go out of their way to protect Pulock just to crew him over in the minors for another year. He'll be in the starting lineup.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Stome + junk for Eberle would be abysmal, I'm raging just thinking about it. Strome is awful, he's all the things people here hate about Eberle but he doesn't produce and costs less.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Our 1st + Bear/Jones for Dumba?

Jones i can see with him being a LD but not RD Bear. i'd be OK getting Dumba here. some say he's not so good defensively but he's young enough that he can be taught to play effective D and in my opinion would be worth the gamble to solidify our right defensive side and he can score points which is what we could use a little more of on the D.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Islanders didn't go out of their way to protect Pulock just to crew him over in the minors for another year. He'll be in the starting lineup.

So they don't sign one of Stone or Alzner.

I'm just trying to postulate something that would make sense for NYI.

North

Jun 25, 2009
It would probably be more to clear cap space for next year and who knows, maybe Eberle really did request a trade.

Not saying that I agree with this at all, I'd much rather keep Eberle than trade him for lesser pieces but I think all signs are pointing to this type of deal for Eberle. All this talk of Hamonic, De Haan or top 4 Dman from Vegas is pie in the sky IMO.

But it still makes no sense. They can make that trade next year then.

The only way Strome makes sense is if there is a plus with him.

We aren't in a position of weakness here.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Why not just keep Eberle then?

this is probably the long term Eberle outlook here:

-Trade him now for Strome +

-Trade him next season for a 2nd

-Keep him two seasons and he walks for nothing

Everyone here, even Eberle fans, will acknowledge that Eberle wasn't very good for us, and certainly not worth his cap hit. Keeping him is not awful, but moving him for long term assets and cap space now makes a lot of sense too. Chia is GM so he has to make hard decisions like this, but I get that fans just want us to always keep all our players

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well we can play the "Well Hamonic can play C and W too but not very well" but I have my feeling Chia will not let us down. If there is indeed interest in Eberle, why would he trade him for lesser? Just doesn't make sense. I am sure we are getting Strome + or it's Beau + De Haan. It can't be just one or the other.

I'm just hoping that the interest in Ebs has driven the price up.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Everyone here, even Eberle fans, will acknowledge that Eberle wasn't very good for us, and certainly not worth his cap hit. Keeping him is not awful, but moving him for assets and cap space now makes a lot of sense too. Chia is GM so he has to make hard decisions like this, but I get that fans just want us to always keep all our players and also add endlessly
It's not the outlook and it glosses over quite a bit.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Ryan Strome would be a very underwhelming return for Eberle. It only makes sense if Chia has other moves in place that he needs cap space for.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Guys, whatever may happen with Eberle being traded, just remember, we still have the WHOLE DAMN SUMMER to worry about the team filling out. Not saying "Expect Eberle for lesser parts" but there is other things at play here that we don't know about. maybe Jagr, Doan, and Iginla expressed interest to Chia of coming here, or Williams even expressing interest, or CHia might have something else up his sleeves. One thing EVERYONE should have figure dout by now with Chia, is that he springs deals out of no where, and they usually turn out to be very good ones. Let's just wait until AFTER July to jump off the boat. I wanna see how this plays out.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Guys, whatever may happen with Eberle being traded, just remember, we still have the WHOLE DAMN SUMMER to worry about the team filling out. Not saying "Expect Eberle for lesser parts" but there is other things at play here that we don't know about. maybe Jagr, Doan, and Iginla expressed interest to Chia of coming here, or Williams even expressing interest, or CHia might have something else up his sleeves. One thing EVERYONE should have figure dout by now with Chia, is that he springs deals out of no where, and they usually turn out to be very good ones. Let's just wait until AFTER July to jump off the boat. I wanna see how this plays out.

I agree. I think the Eberle trade will look bad, but once other moves are completed, it will look ok as a whole. At least, I hope so. Just grinds my gears that Snow, once again, will "win" a trade with Chia.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I'm just going to brace myself to really hate this offseason. Almost all of what's being talked about right now makes me vaguely nauseous.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
But it still makes no sense. They can make that trade next year then.

The only way Strome makes sense is if there is a plus with him.

We aren't in a position of weakness here.

Never said it makes sense, just basing this on the hints that Stauffer has constantly been dropping. Others as well have floated the Strome idea and that Eberle doesn't get you Hamonic.

If this is indeed the trade, I wonder why Chia waited until after the ED to get it done. It would make sense for him not to deal for a D pre-ED to avoid going 4-4 but not in this case. Ultimately, I don't think anybody has a clue.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

This is very true. A good way to frame it. With the ED and cap the way it is,t here could be a ton of moving parts and some shoes may not fall till later int he summer

As far as trading him goes. Id be ok with CDH for Eberle. Defiantly not Strome tho, Strome is looking to be that career depth pl;ayer who cant cut it well in any spot in line up.

CDH is a leftie but man hes good. I could live with a Sekera-CDH second pairing

North

Jun 25, 2009

Everyone here, even Eberle fans, will acknowledge that Eberle wasn't very good for us, and certainly not worth his cap hit. Keeping him is not awful, but moving him for assets and cap space now makes a lot of sense too. Chia is GM so he has to make hard decisions like this, but I get that fans just want us to always keep all our players

Cap space is only valuable if it's needed. Which it is not.

People are acting like we have to accept **** for Eberle because we're in some horrible position.

We are not.

Having said that, the one thing that gives me pause is something one of the insiders said. They believe the Oilers want to use the money elsewhere so in that sense, I could see them accepting a lesser return.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Stauffer indicating Islanders could get both Duchene and Eberle.

Wasn't the rumor that Isles had Galchenyuk locked up for Leddy and Beauvillier.

RaabHart said:
I heard Williams doesn't want to play in Canada. The guy no ones really talking about but who should be in the conversation is Vrbata. Could see him signing for a couple years to play with Mcdavid and Draisaitl. Two other guys who we could throw short term deals at are Wideman and Fisher. I think, theyd be good targets and we could offer them a shot at the cup.

Maroon-Mcdavid-Vrbata
Lucic-Draisaitl-Eberle
Caggiula-Fisher-Kassian
Slepyshev-Letestu-Pakarainen

Klefbom-Larsson
Benning-?/RNH trade
Nurse-Wideman
Reinhart
I don't think anyone other than Tippett is really capable of getting the best out of Vrbata. Fisher seems like he fully intends to stay in Nashville till the point they don't want him anymore and will retire then. Adding Wideman to our team probably means about 15% more calls go against us, I don't see NHL refs forgetting what he did anytime soon.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
A framework for the fabled three-way?

To EDM: Barrie + 46th (NYI)
To COL: Hamonic + 22nd (EDM) + ?
To NYI: Duchene + Eberle

I know this will be me being a broken record

but Hamonic>>>>>>Barrie

One Reason is Barrie is 25 and on 5.5mill for 3 season vs Hamonic 26 and 3.857 for the same three years and while some do not like it--we are now in the situation where we need to pay close attention where we spend money and how much we spend.

Second reason is that I think Hamonic could be our Lee Fogilin or Jason Smith or a younger version of what Andrew (yes I am a twist sometimes) Ference was in Boston for settling down the younger players.

third reason --I believe Hamonic is better in his own zone and better all around player. While Barrie may move the puck better--I remember watching him and him giving me a heart attack when he touches the puck in his own net

fourth reason is that I think we have our own Barrie on the team Matt Benning

fifth reason is I believe Hamonic would fit better with the Oilers community off the ice. The guy is a stand up guy and good team player.

This is just me and maybe I am alone in this. But if I had Barrie and Hamonic in front of me--I take Hamonic 100% of the time.

While Barrie gets more goals on the PP--I think we have our PP guys in Klefbom, Sekera and Benning(when is given a little more time to develop)

Last edited:

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
When does the trade freeze lift? When might we start seeing some deals? There's been a whole lot of talk, but no action.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Never said it makes sense, just basing this on the hints that Stauffer has constantly been dropping. Others as well have floated the Strome idea and that Eberle doesn't get you Hamonic.

If this is indeed the trade, I wonder why Chia waited until after the ED to get it done. It would make sense for him not to deal for a D pre-ED to avoid going 4-4 but not in this case. Ultimately, I don't think anybody has a clue.

Maybe there is a plus, because I don't think Strome alone gets Eberle.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm just going to brace myself to really hate this offseason. Almost all of what's being talked about right now makes me vaguely nauseous.

It's going to be a long wait until October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad