Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Eberle to Islanders, Anything Else Cooking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So negative... Maybe 'we're' doing the bending this time...

I would very much doubt that.

Good value?

What's the value of a $6M winger who scores 0 goals in 13 playoff games?

I know the value of a top 6 winger good for 20 goals every year, even in his worst year. It's more than we're going to get.

The fans wanted him gone and they're going to get their wish and watch as the cap space made by this deal goes to Kris Russell or someone of lesser skill than Eberle.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Good value?

This is the reality, but people want us to drag Eberle along until he busts out of his slump. Maybe he just doesn't fit here anymore.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I would very much doubt that.

I know the value of a top 6 winger good for 20 goals every year, even in his worst year. It's more than we're going to get.

The fans wanted him gone and they're going to get their wish and watch as the cap space made by this deal goes to Kris Russell or someone of lesser skill than Eberle.

I wished he had done better, but I think Ebs had some responsibility here too.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Will be sad if we get schooled by a team that didn't make the playoffs last year and may not be able to sign their star player.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This is the reality, but people want us to drag Eberle along until he busts out of his slump. Maybe he just doesn't fit here anymore.

I really hope Chia's plan for next season isn't to have Slepyshev, Kassian, or Drake in the top 6. Because that's going backwards.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Eberle for Strome isn't going to part that pisses me off.

It's how they want to use that cap space.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Yep. Got lots of love for the player. Needs a change of scenery and a wake up. Apparently his BFF being traded and 13 playoff games didn't do it.

I've been a huge Eberle supporter the last two seasons. But you can't draw blood from a stone.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Good value?

ABSOLUTELY... And does nothing else to go with those 0 goals. Buh Bye. Time to get off the train. Do your coasting in NY Jordan. Build this team around dedicated guys who will go to the wall with McD etc....

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
For Strome straight up. Of course, as has been painted in dayglo for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad