Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Draft day edition: Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I don't think Columbus has the cap room to do this if getting Kovalchuk on top of it all is their plan.

After CBJ signs Wennberg and Anderson, they are probably going to have about $3.5M in cap-space left. I agree that they probably don't have the cap-space to add RNH particularly if they also intend to add Kovy.

If CBJ wants to cut cap they will likely look at moving Dubinsky & Hartnell first, Jenner & Murray would likely be the 2nd tier of names they'd look at moving.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Peter has solidified coaching, goaltending, D, size and identity/culture. He is setting us up to sign 97 and Leon long term. If you don't like what he's done then crap or get off the pot and find another team. I'm sick of listening to some of you here and on twitter. We have a GM that has won in the cap era. He's built a team we all can be proud of. Our team is fast, skilled and tough. They don't look down at their laces when things get tough, they stick up for each other. Enjoy it. Or get out of here. Cheer for the flames.

x100

Quit *****ing and enjoy the position we are in.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Iggy is done. Dude can't play 5v5 hockey. He's maybe the worst defensive player in the league. Some point to his 6 goals with the Kings, but he was -9 in 19 games.

Whoever plays with McDavid needs to be able to handle other teams best players. Iginla would be such a blackhole.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I would as well, but we're looking at an Eberle-like return due to his strength issues, lower numbers and contract.

It will be the exact same situation next year, only with a year less term. That might help his value but MCDavids extension kicking in and players like Nurse, Maroon, and Benning needing new deals might put Chia in an even weaker position to extract value in a trade.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
So is there any real truth to Foo going to cgy and us after iginla??

no worries even if Foo goes to CGY. the kid isn't ready for the NHL yet, and will be in the AHL to start, or for the season.
the Oilers need NHL wingers, and should focus on them.....Spencer Foo is nice as a depth forward.

Jun 9, 2011
Yes, by Chicago IIRC? Someone correct me as I'm going off memory.
Yep just checked, Parker Foo. Would they have room for both guys? I wonder if this is what Spencer was waiting for to make his decision. Not likely, but you never know if this would give a team the edge.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I heard the Russell NMC was from Rishaug last time he was on Gregor's show. I'm on my phone right now but could someone double check that for me?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
95% of Oilers fans hated the trade the minute it was announced, sad when fans are smarter than team scouts/management, but it's been like that for years in Edmonton and hasn't changed with Chiarelli.

The decisions the Oilers have made in the last few days have been completely moronic, this team has gone backwards without a doubt.

I dont think you can reasonably say that things havent changed with Chiarelli. He has made some solid moves IMO. Talbot as a very solid acquisition and Sekera was a solid acquisition. Probably the smartest decision he has made so far was to hire McLellan.

Eberle/Reinhart were bad trades with the Reinhart deal being more accurately described as a terrible trade. Some of the other decisions (Lucic, Hall/Larsson, Russell, Deharnais/Davidson) are best described as contentious IMO. The opinions on those 4 decisions vary from person to person.

Of course there are also a contingent on here that rarely if ever address the bad moves Chiarelli makes and yet another contingent that rarely if ever address the good moves.

My concerns with Chiarelli include his cap management and also his asset management. Those concerns have not been alleviated so far.The Reinhart deal being a specifically bothersome decision which has handcuffed the team in terms of assets they could have used elsewhere.

All that being said....I dont see how you can suggest that Chiarelli is a continuation of the OBC.
His track record suggests that he is a definite improvement.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I heard the Russell NMC was from Rishaug last time he was on Gregor's show. I'm on my phone right now but could someone double check that for me?

I havent seen anything definitive on this but to my understanding Russell has a Modified NTC which kicks in for the last 2 years of his contract. So I interpret that to mean that he will be easier to move in year 2 of that contract than he would be in years 3 or 4.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Rishaug says 1:25 into this clip there's a no-movement clause through the duration of Russell's contract:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/the-jason-gregor-show-website/2017+June/Ryan+Rishaug+-+June+23.mp3

y5rFmWg.gif

Jun 9, 2011
I havent seen anything definitive on this but to my understanding Russell has a Modified NMC which kicks in for the last 2 years of his contract. So I interpret that to mean that he will be easier to move in year 2 of that contract than he would be in years 3 or 4.

So if Jones, or Bear, do really well, then maybe we can move him at TDD not this season but next season to a team trying to add salary without actually $.

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
Lucic is another player who needs to show up at camp in better shape.

Lucic was in shape last fall (he always is) but he was too bulked up because he thought he would have to fight and carry a big load in the physicality department. But Maroon, Kass and Gryba really reduced how much we needed him in that area. I hope he slims down and works on his quickness this summer (like Maroon did) as that would help him more than an extra 10 lbs of muscle.

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
Pretty sure the Flames already had UFA Russell and didnt re-sign him.... Hamonic is hands down better then Russell, hes also younger and is a RHD. If we had landed him this board would have been over the moon. Also I dont see why its Russell vs Hamonic. We could have fit both this year... You know the year we should be loading up for a SC run before Mcdavids deal kicks in. Instead were trading 30 goalscorers for magic beans. Chia managing Tambo style.

Which 30 goal scorer was that?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So if Jones, or Bear, do really well, then maybe we can move him at TDD not this season but next season to a team trying to add salary without actually $.

Thats exactly how I see this as well. So if this ultimately means is that Russell could be gone just under 2 seasons from now I am absolutely fine with that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad