Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Draft day edition: Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilyveins97*

Jun 11, 2017
Manitoba
Our rink is kinda new. Be funny if he based his decision on which rink he liked best haha.
Is this guy a nice addition or is he someone we really covet?

I've read he is a tier below Caggiula, which doesn't make me overly excited.

I honestly don't care much if he signs here, but it is a free prospect.

The way I see it is I don't want the Flames to sign him(because f*** them), but at the same time I think if he is on an opening day roster that team is in poor shape in regards to the RW position

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Jim Matheson is pondering about Michael Stone, who Paralyzer put up a hero chart of that compared him with Hamonic.

Problem is, I've heard Stone wants 5+ million.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Jim Matheson is pondering about Michael Stone, who Paralyzer put up a hero chart of that compared him with Hamonic.

if he signs for 1yr, I would give him more than 5M.
Pass if he wants a long contract.

Chia should offer him 6M x 1yr

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

If Stone wants to come here, I wouldn't sign any higher than 3M for 2 years. He can walk otherwise. And yes, Stone is basically on par with Hamonic. There is nothing different between the two except their salary. So in saying that, I wouldn't put the farm on him.

Here is the HERO chart if people want to see it:

47HXXEA.png

Last edited:

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Chia seems pretty complacent with this years roster. I am thinking we are only signing Gryba to his annual contract this off-season, with the outside shot of signing Foo, then the brass goes for a well deserved vacation.

Methinks, next season will be the one that really impacts the face of the team moving forward. Chia will be expecting 'show me' years from the likes of Bro, Nurse, Strome, RNH and Benning, coupled with Maroon's contract intentions, before doing anything remotely dramatic.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Has the courting period started or not?

I took this tweet as meaning it opens tonight at midnight ET but apparently the Canucks have already talked to Karl Alzner. Benning got in **** for tampering with Subban last year though.

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
This is one ugly crop of UFA defensemen. Oesterle needs to be re-signed.

What happened to Dmitri Kulikov? Maybe he would take a 1 year contract for about $1 million as a reclamation project.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007

Because HERO charts account 3 years of stats and for two years his most common partner was OEL.
Stone isn't very good, there's a reason he was traded for a 3rd and conditional 5th a few months ago.

Where'd you hear he was looking for 5M+?

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
Has the courting period started or not?

I took this tweet as meaning it opens tonight at midnight ET but apparently the Canucks have already talked to Karl Alzner. Benning got in **** for tampering with Subban last year though.

There's an article on TSN which implies to me it's open

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer

Must be disheartening for Canucks fans to know you have a GM who has no idea what he's doing.

Been there, done that.

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer
Because HERO charts account 3 years of stats and for two years his most common partner was OEL.
Stone isn't very good, there's a reason he was traded for a 3rd and conditional 5th a few months ago.

Where'd you hear he was looking for 5M+?

It makes sense. It's his first contract as a UFA, and he was making $4 million on his last one.

He's one season removed from a 36 point year.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg

Stone was in a good position to demand that amount prior to last season. He seemed to take a big step forward with Arizona and was going to get a chance to show his wares on a contender.

Fast-forward a year, and he was worth just a 3rd rounder at the deadline- and that was probably an overpayment, all things considered.

Vegas was likely his last hope, but even they're now right at the cap. In fact, there aren't a lot of suitors who a) need a RHD b) have $4M+ to spend after key RFA/UFA signings.

I would say his most realistic destination is somewhere like LA or Detroit, but if he gets to the second week of FA without a big offer, 3 yrs/$4.5M would fit our D and our salary structure just fine. It would also give Stone a second chance at a big payday by his 30th birthday thanks to three years of playing with McDavid and co.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Would Davidson return? I doubt many have interest in him although he'd be cheap to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad