Trade Rumours and Free Agent Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billerdzzz

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario,Canada
I mean, we still have some RFA signings that can happen at any moment. Something to look forward to.

We also have a backup to sign or trade for, at least as per Lamoriello.

While this is the boring part of the off-season, the Leafs still have some things to do.

The Summer is the only consolation when there's no transactions, signings or hockey being played. There should still be a little excitement once in a while, as you were mentioning. The search for a backup goalie, the RFA's etc.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Nice trade suggestions, guys. They are not the worst ones I've heard.

Of course, the worst one was someone thinking we should trade Kadri for Kinkaid, so that's a bit hard to beat.

Leafsforlife98

Nov 2, 2011
No.

Marner has higher potential, and Trouba is already asking for big dollars.

Trouba + Ehelrs and I'd think about it.

No way Jets give that up. I love Marner but he ain't getting that. I wouldn't trade him for Trouba straight up either. But getting a potential #1 rhd is not easy to aquire and is going to cost a lot through trade.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
Not sure why posters keep trying to peddle wingers to WPG for Trouba. They pretty well have the deepest set of wingers in the league when all prospects are considered.

Wheeler, Laine, Ehlers, Connor, Dano, Petan, B. Lemieux, Armia.

If Trouba is dealt, an highend LD is going the other way, otherwise why would they bother?

Mad Brills*

vesey's going UFA on august 15th.

Doubt the leafs sign him though

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
How many line-ups do you think he legit cracks if he signs with them?

Does he play with Boston right away?

Dpepending on your thoughts of Pastrnak, Boston currently has 1 top 6 winger. Think it's safe to say he slides into Boston's opening night line-up.

Leafs would actually have one of the tougher line-ups for him to crack on LW, but I would hope Lou would see that as a good problem to have.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
Dpepending on your thoughts of Pastrnak, Boston currently has 1 top 6 winger. Think it's safe to say he slides into Boston's opening night line-up.

Leafs would actually have one of the tougher line-ups for him to crack on LW, but I would hope Lou would see that as a good problem to have.

yeah cracking a last place roster should be hard to make. lol

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
yeah cracking a last place roster should be hard to make. lol[/QUOTE

For actual top 6 playing time, which would be most beneficial to him if he can manage, he'd have to beat out our top 2 returning wingers in JVR and Leo.

I would take the Leafs wing depth over a lot of other teams right now.

So because Leafs were last place last year, any prospect would have no trouble cracking this lineup?

Sam Carrick could not crack our top 50, but signed with Chicago. Ditto with Percy who got picked up by Pitt.

Your statement is pretty irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad