Rumor: Trade Rumour Thread I: Post-Lockout Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kershaw

Think McBain is on the move for fitting in Sangs into the lineup?

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Waivers

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Waivers: Maxwell, Ben(WPG) Bass, Cody(CBJ)Joudrey, Andrew (CBJ)Russell, Ryan(CBJ) Drazenovic, Nick(CBJ) Hendry, Jordan(ANA)
Maroon, Patrick (ANA) Guenin, Nate (ANA) Smaby, Matt (ANA) MacIntyre, Steve (PIT) Zatkoff, Jeff (PIT)Thiessen, Brad (PIT) Moore, Mike (NSH) Finley, Joe (BUF) Leggio, David (BUF) Schiestel, Drew (BUF)

Nothing there - is there?
Maybe an AHL contract to help The Whale?

Punxrocknyc19*

Nothing there - is there?
Maybe an AHL contract to help The Whale?

i wouldnt mind Maroon or Bass for some grit and a little scoring help.. on d maybe bring back Guenin. other than that i dont see much

Kershaw

Thomas Hickey was waived. Along with Andrew Campbell.

Would put a waived claim on both and try to sneak them through waivers for depth on Connecticut.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Nonis said today he thinks the waiver wire will be interesting at end of this week because teams will be shedding talent after short camp.

Since we have a 22 man squad at camp and 1-3 spots open in New York/Hartford combined - would think this might be opportune moment for us as well. No?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Since we have a 22 man squad at camp and 1-3 spots open in New York/Hartford combined - would think this might be opportune moment for us as well. No?

potentially...but also likely to be a lot of crap available that won't help us.

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
From what I recall, Hickey was a much more off the board pick than either Jessiman or McIlrath. Think McKenzie had him rated in the teens when he was taken 4th overall.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Jessiman was not that off the board. Just bad luck.

Hickey and McIlrath were about on par if memory serves correctly.

Biggest reach I can remember in recent years was Blake Wheeler in 04. And that one worked out.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If you pick up player on waivers doesn't he have to start year on NHL roster? I thought that was case

i don't think he has to start on the nhl roster...but you do have to put him thru waivers to send him down since he never cleared. and then the team that just lost him can take him back

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Don't see why you'd want to pick up Hickey. The Kings waived him wout even giving him a shot in camp. That tells you something.

That does, and where you're picked in the draft doesn't mean much after 5 years.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
That does, and where you're picked in the draft doesn't mean much after 5 years.

That draft in the first round has turned out pretty crappy overall. Only real impact players taken were P. Kane, McD, and Couture.

Second tier players (so far) are Vorecek, Van Reimsdyk, Gagner, Sutter, Alzner, Pacioretty, and Shattenkirk.

Turris is pretty much a bust for a 3rd overall pick. Same goes w Hickey. Lot more busts in the first round as well.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
That draft in the first round has turned out pretty crappy overall. Only real impact players taken were P. Kane, McD, and Couture.

Second tier players (so far) are Vorecek, Van Reimsdyk, Gagner, Sutter, Alzner, Pacioretty, and Shattenkirk.

Turris is pretty much a bust for a 3rd overall pick. Same goes w Hickey. Lot more busts in the first round as well.

I think Shattenkirk, Pacioretty, Alzner and Voracek are a step above Gagner, Sutter, JVR, but below Kane, Couture and McD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad