Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part VI: Do Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
How much $ is Lundqvist asking for? Katie Strang wrote an article yesterday where she indicated Meehan wants a big increase from the current cap hit. His salary is lower this season than his cap hit. Callahan told Brooks that there's nothing going on with his contract. How much does he want? How many years? He hasn't played a full season in 4-5 years. What's he going to look like at the end of a long term deal? He turns 29 next year. Lundqvist will be 32. Girardi will be 30. The Rangers wanted to sign Callahan to a longer term than 3 in 2011 but Callahan wanted more than $4.275M. Lundqvist needs to become more realistic. He is a goalie. Teams have won without having a big money goalie in net. Chicago won with Niemi and Crawford.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
How much $ is Lundqvist asking for? Katie Strang wrote an article yesterday where she indicated Meehan wants a big increase from the current cap hit. His salary is lower this season than his cap hit. Callahan told Brooks that there's nothing going on with his contract. How much does he want? How many years? He hasn't played a full season in 4-5 years. What's he going to look like at the end of a long term deal? He turns 29 next year. Lundqvist will be 32. Girardi will be 30. The Rangers wanted to sign Callahan to a longer term than 3 in 2011 but Callahan wanted more than $4.275M. Lundqvist needs to become more realistic. He is a goalie. Teams have won without having a big money goalie in net. Chicago won with Niemi and Crawford.

I'd guess they settle around 7 years/$7.5M per.

BarbaraAlphanse

now that were discussing the option of trading stepan do we start discussing trading Nash after our next loss? that will surely be fun

also love the emotional swing around here, people are on cloud nine after the win against Vancouver and now feel the need to make all kinds of knee jerk reactionary trades as if were going to somehow fix this team via trade in December.

Henrik is the root of all our problems, didn't you know?

Punxrocknyc19*

those Hawks teams had way more talent.. Andrew Ladd, Big Buff, Frolik, Sharp, Troy Brower, Brian Campbell, Colin Fraser, Viktor Stalberg not to mention Kane and their captain, Seabrook, Hjalmersson etc

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I guess I'm feeling optimistic, since, after all, it's December and I'm under the impression that it's way too early to be this doom and gloom about a team's fortune.

It's not just this team. This team's issues have been the same issues that the previous Ranger teams have had.

A trade for a player that provides energy and sets an example of never quitting would do wonders for this team. They need more of those type of players. As I said in my last post, there's an attitude problem on this team. It has improved since the beginning of the season but it's still not where it needs to be.

Agreed. And those are players you typically need to draft and develop yourself as those players are usually young, cheap and controllable — three great qualities in a salary cap world

There are some black holes in this team that really hurt us. Del Zotto. I find he is nearly almost always on the ice when some sort of terribly deflating goal happens.

Del Zotto is simply this year's whipping boy. The biggest black hole is with the GM is unable to properly construct a hockey team.

Richards. Talk about the amount of wide open nets he's missed that could have affected our games this season. He's one of our top paid players, and he's supposed to lead. Lead by example. He's supposed to be one who comes up big when the team needs him. He's missing wide open nets. Wide. Open. Nets. Also, he also seems to quit on plays relatively easily nowadays, which have led to several goals themselves.

Yes. He's been bad. And the role he was supposed to play is very hard to fill. The "brain trust" at the top decided to give him one more year. I wonder if they even bothered to ask their new coach what his thoughts were?

Pyatt/Pouloit. No explanation needed.

I'm still not sure why you're surprised when these players do nothing here. They're both journeymen who don't do anything particularly well. They have been inconsistent throughout their careers, is it really so surprising that they're inconsistent now? When you don't develop third liners you need to buy them. And that's what you get.

Those are the immediate changes that need to happen to have some sort of effect on this team. Richards is still providing useful, but needs to be bought out by the end of the year.

Del Zotto needs out of this team immediately. We need an energy guy to replace Poo/Pyatt.

Easier said than done.

We need a top 6 winger. A top 9 winger. And to call up McIlrath. 2 trades, 1 involving the immediate removal of DZ. 1 call up.

They need more than that. They need an defenseman who can contribute offensively. They need a legit #1 or #2 center. They need young, aggressive players to populate the third fourth lines. They need their #1 goalie to be more consistent. These are not small holes to fill. Any notion that they are a player or two away is ridiculous — unless those two players are Wayne Gretzky and Bobby Orr in their primes.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The french twitter guys from Saturday who claimed the Rangers and Habs were discussing a Nash and Brassard trade with Pacioretty one of the pieces coming back tweeted the Rangers want Mika Z-bad for Del Zotto.

BarbaraAlphanse

The french twitter guys from Saturday who claimed the Rangers and Habs were discussing a Nash and Brassard trade with Pacioretty one of the pieces coming back tweeted the Rangers want Mika Z-bad for Del Zotto.

The rangers want more than Ott's top prospect for Del Zotto... :facepalm:

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Henrik is the root of all our problems, didn't you know?

yea between him, boyle our 4th line center, and dz/moore/falk our 6th defenseman idk whose ****ing us harder.

or maybe its the supposed 80 point center in brassard who doesnt look like he would crack the top 6 in hartford, or girardi whose less than stellar skating and mobility have been completely exposed by this new defensive system.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
The most frustrating thing about the state of the Rangers is the state of the league. Save for Edmonton which is a joke of a franchise, it seems the only way to win these days is to tank and draft generational talent. Look at CHI and PIT, the 2 powerhouse teams in their respective divisions. They've won what, a combined 3 cups in the past 5 years? So ****in frustrating watching these garbage teams tank on purpose to stock pile the best players. And here the Rangers are signing their leftovers and trading assets for high end talent. **** the NHL. The draft should be completely random. Call the wahhhmbulance on me, /rant

BarbaraAlphanse

yea between him, boyle our 4th line center, and dz/moore/falk our 6th defenseman idk whose ****ing us harder.

or maybe its the supposed 80 point center in brassard who doesnt look like he would crack the top 6 in hartford, or girardi whose less than stellar skating and mobility have been completely exposed by this new defensive system.

Well...

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

Would think Zibanejad, Smith, Gryba for DZ Pyatt/Pouliot.

Have a hard time believing in Nash getting dealt. Was it from Renaud of RDS?

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
well....... i think its true, not saying its the end of his career and that he is regressed and done like some others but think about it, he flourished in a zone defense because positioning, stick work, shot blocking, reading the offensive zone were his strengths, his skating ability was never one of those, hes not a horrible skater by any means but he is much better suited for a zone scheme, hes adjusting just like everyone else but that adjustment this season has not always been so pretty.

BarbaraAlphanse

well....... i think its true, not saying its the end of his career and that he is regressed and done like some others but think about it, he flourished in a zone defense because positioning, stick work, shot blocking, reading the offensive zone were his strengths, his skating ability was never one of those, hes not a horrible skater by any means but he is much better suited for a zone scheme, hes adjusting just like everyone else but that adjustment this season has not always been so pretty.

Oh, I agree with that. I thought you were being sarcastic, implying that he's not regressing.

Didn't realize you were being serious. Brassard's not supposed to be an 80 pt player though.

SauceCheese91

Sep 14, 2011

Would honestly be a dream come true and a great fit on the Rangers, either option. I love Pacioretty's game and would trade Nash and Brassard for him in a second, not sure the Habs bite though. As for Ziba, we would have to add more in that trade one would think, but he would be a huge upgrade for us and has great potential.

Punxrocknyc19*

Would think Zibanejad, Smith, Gryba for DZ Pyatt/Pouliot.

Have a hard time believing in Nash getting dealt. Was it from Renaud of RDS?

id do that deal but doubt Sens tough it..

Id do Smith and one of Ceci, Puempel, Lazar for Del Zotto maybe someone like Brassard if they dont wanna deal Zibanejad

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Would honestly be a dream come true and a great fit on the Rangers, either option. I love Pacioretty's game and would trade Nash and Brassard for him in a second, not sure the Habs bite though. As for Ziba, we would have to add more in that trade one would think, but he would be a huge upgrade for us and has great potential.

Trading Nash for Pacioretty makes this team worse in the short-term, but it does get the team out from under Nash's financial burden and can pave the way to a real rebuild around solid/promising players like McDonagh, Stepan, Kreider, Pacioretty, etc.

So, yea, this will never happen. Sather was basically the equivalent of Captain Ahab in his pursuit for Nash -- doubt he gives up on him.

BarbaraAlphanse

Trading Nash for Pacioretty makes this team worse in the short-term, but it does get the team out from under Nash's financial burden and can pave the way to a real rebuild around solid/promising players like McDonagh, Stepan, Kreider, Pacioretty, etc.

So, yea, this will never happen. Sather was basically the equivalent of Captain Ahab in his pursuit for Nash -- doubt he gives up on him.

Why should he give up on him?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The rangers want more than Ott's top prospect for Del Zotto... :facepalm:

I've seen a ton of Z-bad.

I think its a fair deal. Del Zotto is a very good hockey player. Z-bad is a good prospect that fits our need pretty well. I think Z-bad, atleast at hfboards, is ranked a tad high right now. IE, you are not trading away a kid with legit Zach Parise II potential or something. The kid is a speedy chippy winger, with a good right handed PP shot, he got good hands and good offensive instincts. Alot of things to like about him. But he peaked really late his draft year which had him sky rocket. But he has leveled of a bit after it. I just don't think you get higher potential in him than what you get in Del Zotto. Both have potential but in diffrent positions.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Why should he give up on him?

Because this team should rebuild.

I'd 100% be on board with trading Lundqvist, Callahan, Girardi, Nash, Del Zotto, Brassard -- whoever wasnt nailed down/cost controlled for assets. Just so long as management was honest with the fans that this is whats happening and convey a vision for the team going forward.

It'll never happen with that stubborn old cigar chewing fossil in the executive suite -- and even if it did, he'd **** it up.

BarbaraAlphanse

I've seen a ton of Z-bad.

I think its a fair deal. Del Zotto is a very good hockey player. Z-bad is a good prospect that fits our need pretty well. I think Z-bad, atleast at hfboards, is ranked a tad high right now. IE, you are not trading away a kid with legit Zach Parise II potential or something. The kid is a speedy chippy winger, with a good right handed PP shot, he got good hands and good offensive instincts. Alot of things to like about him. But he peaked really late his draft year which had him sky rocket. But he has leveled of a bit after it. I just don't think you get higher potential in him than what you get in Del Zotto. Both have potential but in diffrent positions.

I'd love to get him. I proposed it at the end of last year. It was a pipe dream then. More feasible now, but still not realistic in my opinion. Ott loves him.

My post was meant to poke fun at how RB typed up his response. Never seen someone post it like Mika Z-Bad. Bad joke. :( Not my morning.

SauceCheese91

Sep 14, 2011

Does it though? I'm not a Nash hater by any means, but Nash really has done NOTHING close to being the so-called "superstar" that people thought. I take Pacioretty 9 times out of 10 over Nash, but yes this is mostly due to the age factor and the fact that Pacioretty has not even hit his prime yet. I am okay with getting a younger potential budding star for Nash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad