Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part VI: Do Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I like Gardiner but would still rather land a scoring forward and give McIlrath/Johnson/Falk/Allen a chance in our top 6.

Del Zotto for Gardiner helps each player slightly, but is somewhat of a lateral move. (Is that the term? Always thought "horizontal" characterized it better)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I dunno, I'd like Gardiner. He could really help with the transition game with his great first-pass and skating. But forwards are more of a pressing need.

I'm a well-documented anti-fan of Girardi, and would like to see him and Del Zotto moved, so we could get help in both areas.

It would be much easier to think of these proposals if we had any ****ing idea of what direction this team wants to go in.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Gardiner has been the best puck possession defenseman on the Leafs this season. He has the second lowest offensive zone start percentage, but faces a low quality of competition. Del Zotto gets the second most sheltered minutes on the Rangers.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I dunno, I'd like Gardiner. He could really help with the transition game with his great first-pass and skating. But forwards are more of a pressing need.

I'm a well-documented anti-fan of Girardi, and would like to see him and Del Zotto moved, so we could get help in both areas.

It would be much easier to think of these proposals if we had any ****ing idea of what direction this team wants to go in.

Agreed. If we swap DZ for Gardiner, I would like to flip Girardi for forward help.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
My dream is to flip Girardi for some assets and then flip those assets and some more assets for Byfuglien.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I would really like Dustin Byfuglien. Brings everything this team needs. Imagine him and McI on the same defense corps? That's brutal.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Girardi has had a very poor year so far, but people have been extremely quiet about it.

I, for one, never want to see him on the power play, and yet there he always is.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Since McD and Gardiner have history, acquiring him would presumably allow Staal and Girardi to pair up again.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Girardi has had a very poor year so far, but people have been extremely quiet about it.

I, for one, never want to see him on the power play, and yet there he always is.
AV has said he likes to have at least 2 RH shots on the powerplay.

If only there were a big, fat, black, RH PP defenseman out there....

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I saw Mark Stone was discussed. Kid has size, great hands around the net, and solid hockey sense, but his skating is terrible. Like, Brian Boyle before Underhill met with him kind of terrible. He also isn't particularly physical for a guy who's 6'3 and 210lbs.

I'd be really shocked if this team decided to trade Girardi. While he's been mediocre in this new system, I don't think there's anyone else in the system who can take over the minutes he plays.

Since McD and Gardiner have history, acquiring him would presumably allow Staal and Girardi to pair up again.

And if AV continues his strategy of giving one pairing opportunistic zone starts offensively, McDonagh and Gardiner could be much more effective in that role than Staal and MDZ/Stralman have. I like Gardiner quite a bit, but I don't think he's ready for the meaningful shutdown minutes that McDonagh gets.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN

only for a short time as i hope slats trades G.

If DZ for Gardiner swap happens that meane G will be expendable to an extent. Trade him now get value as he will cost to much and bring up McI as all accounts point to him being nhl ready soon.

Love G but strength for weakness trades is how franchises win in the long run

EDIT: \/ look below for an indepth much smarter explanation \/

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
DZ for Gardiner.

Bring up McIlrath.

Trade Girardi at the deadline.

McDonagh-Gardiner
Staal-Stralman
Moore-McIlrath
Falk

Look at the calendar. Sunday is December 1. The Olympic break is 70 days away. One week after the NHL resumes is the deadline. March 5. Not much time. 1 week holiday roster freeze.

Re-sign Gardiner and Moore to 2 year bridge contracts.

Re-sign Staal in July. Don't let it linger like the Rangers always do. The Rangers can sign him on the first day of the 14-15 business year. They can talk to him before that date but he can't sign anything.

What does Stralman want? How many years? 4? Rangers offer 2. Meet at 3? How much money? $2.5M. $3M. $2.75M? $8.25M. Somewhere in that range.

McDonagh is signed long-term.

McIlrath will be on his ELC for another season(14-15). Then he signs a 2 year bridge contract.

Skjei is in his sophomore year. Turn pro or remain in Minnesota for his junior year?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Wow. Klesla cleared waivers. Has he fallen that far or is cap space around the league hard to come by right now?

Dec 13, 2010
I don't know if this was posted in the last thread (I went back 5 pages and didn't see it) but the apparent return offered from Ottawa for Del Zotto: Erik Condra, Eric Gryba and Colin Greening.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I don't know if this was posted in the last thread (I went back 5 pages and didn't see it) but the apparent return offered from Ottawa for Del Zotto: Erik Condra, Eric Gryba and Colin Greening.

It was mentioned. It was actually that those players were made available, not that they were all offered up as a package.

Punxrocknyc19*

per Renaud Lavoie, Buffalo has put Corey Tropp on waivers

only 24 years old depth winger... Dale Weise type player..

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
per Renaud Lavoie, Buffalo has put Corey Tropp on waivers

only 24 years old depth winger... Dale Weise type player..
Scouting report:
Height: 6-0 Weight: 185lbs
Shoots: R
24 years old
White
Drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the 3rd round (89th overall) in 2007.
43 NHL Games, 3+6=9
109 AHL Games 21+45=66

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Scouting report:
Height: 6-0 Weight: 185lbs
Shoots: R
24 years old
White
Drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the 3rd round (89th overall) in 2007.
43 NHL Games, 3+6=9
109 AHL Games 21+45=66

tHANKS FOR THE INFO! :teach::groucho:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad