Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part III - 11/11 Yakupov willing to be moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
5-6m/per?! **** no. Or you mean 2m/per? In which can I wouldn't be opposed.
Howver, I think he can get more on another team. Honestly, what is pulling Gabby to NY that would prompt him to take a hometown discount?
I can't imagine him getting less than 5-6M per.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I'd like to get Austin Watson from nashville. He's not full time NHL ready either, but he's a big body and would be a good fit at 3rd line center.

We've already got a similar guy in Lindberg, I think he's the ideal guy to fill the two way 3c role next year, if he can translate the game he played in Sweden to the NHL he's going to be a solid 3c.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
It has become the Blue Jackets’ $7.5 million question: What has happened to Marian Gaborik?

The supersonic speed that once defined Gaborik’s game is missing. The snap wrist shot that once wowed crowds is now rarely unleashed. Outside of the power play, the scoring chances have all but disappeared.

Where did they go? “That’s what we’re trying to find out,†coach Todd Richards said. “I think he’s trying to find that out about himself, too.He’s one guy we have to get more game out of, and I’m not just talking offensively. There’s more to him and his game, and we need to find it.â€

- See more at: http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com...egain-scoring-touch.html#sthash.owKjsaXM.dpuf

Sign him up;)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
We've already got a similar guy in Lindberg, I think he's the ideal guy to fill the two way 3c role next year, if he can translate the game he played in Sweden to the NHL he's going to be a solid 3c.

I like Lindberg and yes, he can fill a 3rd line role, but Watson is bigger and more physical, which is something I think we can use down the middle.

Punxrocknyc19*

how about Del Zotto to Coyotes for Henrik Samuelsson and some picks...

adding another young center who will be a 1st year pro next year wont be a bad idea.. especially with Lindberg and Miller making the Rangers as a center or a wing, Wolfpack will need another center besides St.Croix and Jean

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Nashville isn't trading Watson when they need more good forwards.

Phoenix has no need for Del Zotto. Period.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
how about Del Zotto to Coyotes for Henrik Samuelsson and some picks...

adding another young center who will be a 1st year pro next year wont be a bad idea.. especially with Lindberg and Miller making the Rangers as a center or a wing, Wolfpack will need another center besides St.Croix and Jean

That's not something this team is thinking about. They are looking to win now, not trade a top 4 dman for a guy who might be a 1st year pro next year. That deal doesn't help us now and it might not help us later. If MDZ is getting moved it's for a top 6 forward who can step into the lineup immediately.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Would you guys do Girardi signed for EDM's 1st and 2nd this year? I definitely would.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'd do it purely for the hilarity that would ensue on this board when the Rangers passed on Reinhart to take Ekblad.

Even if we re-sign Girardi and keep him, I'm not against drafting a RH dman. Though I'd rather trade MDZ for a similar RH dman. We need more guys in the pipeline.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Would you guys do Girardi signed for EDM's 1st and 2nd this year? I definitely would.

Edmonton would not do that. Even signed, he will have a cap hit fairly high, and higher than it currently is. There is nothing to stare he would not get around 5/per on the open market.

Edmonton also has what looks to be a top 5 pick. Ekblad is out there. Unless they can protect a top 10 pick this year in the deal, I do not see it. Also, I think even resigned, they would want a younger D (24-26). His style can break him down very quickly.

Girardi also could be let go, but I think they make all attempts to resign him before trading him. His slow start is not helping him make more money, which could result in him staying here.

Girardi should only be dealt if they will not make the playoffs. He has more value in a playoff run unless someone overpays. This would be overpaying for him. Would rather get a prospect already drafted. Futures are not as inviting. Next year we have a shot to re mold and fully build a top team.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Pipedream of the hour;

We get Simmonds and Ekmand-Larsson..

oh well...just a dream...just a dream...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Edmonton would not do that. Even signed, he will have a cap hit fairly high, and higher than it currently is. There is nothing to stare he would not get around 5/per on the open market.

Edmonton also has what looks to be a top 5 pick. Ekblad is out there. Unless they can protect a top 10 pick this year in the deal, I do not see it. Also, I think even resigned, they would want a younger D (24-26). His style can break him down very quickly.

Girardi also could be let go, but I think they make all attempts to resign him before trading him. His slow start is not helping him make more money, which could result in him staying here.

Girardi should only be dealt if they will not make the playoffs. He has more value in a playoff run unless someone overpays. This would be overpaying for him. Would rather get a prospect already drafted. Futures are not as inviting. Next year we have a shot to re mold and fully build a top team.

No pick protection garbage. Leave that **** in the NBA. Well, where are these 24 year old top 2 d-men teams just can't wait to get rid of?

It's like that fictional top 6 LWer this entire fanbase believes we can just find. Teams aren't eager to get rid of these players. If they shop them, it's because they have other needs, or because that player's just not in the longterm plans.

Name me a 24 yo defenseman, that PLAYS DEFENSE (Oilers getting another PMD and I would be pissed FOR their fans), that a team is looking to part with? Where are they? Cause I can't find them.

It ultimately boils down to I believe Edmonton are a trash team that will be in lottery conversation. Which is why I do the trade. A Drastitil or a Nylander would put this team over the top.

I don't think Girardi is nearly good enough to get a top 5 pick and a high second rounder. He's a good defenseman but people seriously overrate him.

How do you know it's a top 5 pick?

It could be a 15th overall for all we know. It's again based on what you think the Oil will finish with. And yes, Girardi is absolutely worth two picks. Top 2 RHD don't grow on trees. Hardest position in the NHL to fill. People do overrate him, you're right. But he's exactly what that **** show needs.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I wonder if something can be done with mdz for Brian Campbell with Florida retaining half the salary. 10 pts this season, 3 pp assists. Not bad on that squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad