Speculation: Trade Rumors & Roster Building Thread: Part XXVI: Halloween Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If the Rangers trade Miller @ 2.75m and demote Clendening or Skjei, they should have more than enough $$ for Trouba at a 5.25-5.75m contract correct?

Yes. If They didn't have to worry about the prorated hit they'd be able to fit him in at 5.5 or less (I think) with out having to send anyone down.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Skjei would be a goner as well

You'd think Holden would then slide into skjeis spot with gilmour and graves as LD depth.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
For instance

Mcdonagh Trouba
Staal Klein
Holden Girardi

Or in AV land

Mcdonagh Girardi
Staal Klein
Holden Trouba

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I keep thinking about Hamilton is he really avail? If so man I might want him more than trouba. The offense is there where trouba's really isn't yet.

Red flags if he got moved again though but Calgary was a mess last year in goal was that big minus all hamiltons fault? I don't know

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
If you want Buchnevich on the top line (which I actually don't agree with but most people here do) you're looking at Zucc as a third liner right now. A spot really that could be taken by Pirri or Fast (cringe) without us missing a beat.

He's the guy to move. for sure.

I think Nash ends up in Las Vegas next year. They're going to need a name to sell he's going to have one year left on his deal. They've got to get to the Cap floor. That's a no brainer pick up in expansion. What do we get? Almost 8 mil in cap space. Good deal for both clubs.

He has a limited nmc right? What if he doesn't put LV on his list?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Agreed. Personally, I'd be willing to overpay to get him.

Hopefully Gorts can do better. :)

I like what Gorton is doing. He has the power in this transaction, wait it out. The team is playing fine. They have good depth. Let it roll and let Chevy feel the pressure as Dec 1st gets closer and fewer and fewer teams could absorb that odd contract this year.

I get the feeling that McIlrath being waived has something to do with the Rangers continuing to bank cap space so that if this does drag in to late Noveber, they are still covered

Oh for sure, its not really super close for me either.

But in my hypothetical scenario, Hamilton+ being rid of Staal> Trouba.

Well I like that hypothetical!

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Nash's NMC expired in 2015 he's got a limited NTC doesn't exempt him from the expansion draft.

would make a lot of sense to have a Name for the marquee on a 1 year show me contract.

Nash is still a damn good player. If he stays healthy he'll put up solid numbers.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would put Trouba will Staal actually. Especially if Clendening is going to be buried (rightfully or not)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
They have a huge advantage as it is because of the Cap. So many teams have cap issues and almost everyone's has a bad contract. Vegas gets to start from scratch with 75 mil in cap space. They can do whatever they want.

The idea though is to have them be competitive right away so here it is

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
If an expansion team wants to give us 4 first round picks it wouldn't exactly be the worst thing ever. Zib is one of my favorites too, since he debuted with OTT.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Specifically Zuccarello. I can't imagine Miller is close to enough.

I don't think either is enough, but Miller has age in Zucc in a significant way.

I'd move either and Skjei if it came to it in order to land Trouba specifically. We have too many wingers and we have a complete lack of quality RD options. I love Zucc and Miller both but we really need a guy like Trouba a lot more than we need either of them.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Watch LV throw a blank check at Zib.

What kinda asinine rules are these?

This league is a circus.

I think I see where they are going with this. GM's will now be forced to get extensions signed by their prime RFA's before the cap is set, which will undoubtedly cause some teams incur cap issues, and then Vegas gets to trade for some of these guys for pennies on the dollar...

I think Gorton is probably best equipped to handle this.

At this point there is NO way Girardi is protected, I think they'll convince him to waive. Staal, they'll either move prior to the expansion draft or they will make a deal with Vegas regarding 2017 draft picks to not select Marc Staal.

If the Rangers acquire Trouba, he'll get a protection slot, as will McDonagh. McIlrath will be a UFA, I could see Vegas taking him.

If the Rangers had a gentlemen's agreement with Shattenkirk after acquiring him, they could simply leave him unsigned, and then sign him to an extension on day 1 of free agency. That would allow the rangers to protect another defenseman. if teams are looking to move a good defenseman to avoid losing them in the expansion draft for nothing, Gorton has leverage over them.

I think we're going to make it out OK, but I know guys like Pirri or Clendening are going to get contracts on January 1st of this year if the team wants to keep him.

Also, side note, at this point I'd keep Brandon Pirri over Nash. The Cap Space would be of immense value next season

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_...as-vegas-will-get-a-head-start-on-free-agency

Sources told ESPN.com that as part of these fascinating expansion-draft rules we keep learning about, the Vegas organization will have a 48-hour window ahead of the expansion draft in June to speak with and sign any pending unrestricted or restricted free agents whom the 30 teams left unprotected for the expansion draft.

Zib will be protected. They can't negotiate with him.

This rule applies to players like Fast and Lindberg who will both be RFAs, but most likely won't be protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad