Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
If klesla falls to us and we do not have funds , would anyone trade michalek for erat and a 4th to get the money for klesla? Send gryba back down to the ahl to make room. Should free up a couple bucks , slightly worsen our forwards but improve our D.

Im ok with this.

Hows this Spezza Greening Gryba to philli for B.Schenn Simonds Hartnell and Meszaros?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We don't have him for two more seasons past this one. He is a UFA after next season (2014-2015).

I just realized that i made a mistake. I accidentally included this season when i said we had him for two more seasons.

I now feel embarrased. :(

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Honestly ill take a 7th round pick and a bag of pucks to be rid of greening...... not because hes **** hes a decent depth player but because hes making twice as much as he should be and keeping us from having the money to make a play for a bigger name.

Every team has overpaid players who don't meet expectations. Greening could get traded and go on a roll and pop in nearly a goal a game for the next 20. Then what? We shouldn't have traded him.
There is 1 1/2 lines producing and defence that hasn't jelled. No use giving up. Greenings contract is not attractive to other teams.
Why is it so many players leave the Sens and go on to do well?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
2 cap dumps and 2 average 2nd liners do not get Spezza.

I'm not an advocate of trading Spezza, but can realistically see his value. Mike Richards had as much, if not more trade value than Spezza at the time he was traded, and he returned prospect B. Schenn and less proven Simmonds.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I'm not an advocate of trading Spezza, but can realistically see his value. Mike Richards had as much, if not more trade value than Spezza at the time he was traded, and he returned prospect B. Schenn and less proven Simmonds.

But 2 cap dumps weren't attached to them. Hartnell has one of the worst contracts in the league.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
2 cap dumps and 2 average 2nd liners do not get Spezza.

This trade would adress both teams needs in a few ways we get a dman who can play in our top4 we get a hard nosed leader type in Hartnell to keep the teams drive up we get 2 good young players

Philli gets an elite player in spezza get some more speed in greening and a cheaper alterative... and they are freed of mesz's contract without emptying a roster spot........

i think this trade makes good sence..... maybe tack a pick on there either way to make whom ever happy.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This trade would adress both teams needs in a few ways we get a dman who can play in our top4 we get a hard nosed leader type in Hartnell to keep the teams drive up we get 2 good young players

Philli gets an elite player in spezza get some more speed in greening and a cheaper alterative... and they are freed of mesz's contract without emptying a roster spot........

i think this trade makes good sence..... maybe tack a pick on there either way to make whom ever happy.

It's not a good trade for the Sens. I believe the value is close, but the trade is not right for them.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Please Bryan do not trade for anyone who is slow of foot they won't survive MacLean's 200 foot game system spent mostly 20 feet from our net.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Please Bryan do not trade for anyone who is slow of foot they won't survive MacLean's 200 foot game system spent mostly 20 feet from our net.

Also wanna quote this for my arguement.....

Simmonds FAAAAAAAAASSSSSTTTTT

Schenn pretty quick footed good battler

Hartnell is a f***ing warrior

Mesz is verry quick footed and has an excellent first pass.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Mesz has burnt his bridge here, Hartnell doesn't fit in Ottawa at his price-tag at this juncture.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North

I'm all for any trade that bring a player that combines high battle skills, speed and respectable body size (height or thickness) to the team. Many of our guys lack in 1 or more of these qualities.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Rangers fan here, if Erat if worth Michalek and Gryba does Del Zotto / Boyle get same return?

Sorry if youve been asked 10 times already but what does a DZ package get and what will it take to get Michalek?

Ottawa already put Greening, Condra and Gryba up as pieces available for DZ and that never worked for the Rangers.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Rangers fan here, if Erat if worth Michalek and Gryba does Del Zotto / Boyle get same return?

Sorry if youve been asked 10 times already but what does a DZ package get and what will it take to get Michalek?

i would do Del Zotto for Michalek bu the problem is we are already thin upfront so i dont see murray doing it

also no way we deal Michalek for Erat. Erat isnt big and is super soft no that type of player who will fit in here

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Can't imagine Klesla getting past Edmonton but I kinda hope Murray can talk Eug into submitting a claim. If Klesla rebounds to last year form, he'd be a hell of a pickup (but like I said, he won't get past Edmonton).

But maybe I'm missing something where nobody offered Phoenix ANYTHING for him.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
But 2 cap dumps weren't attached to them. Hartnell has one of the worst contracts in the league.

5 more years at 4.75M hit, 4.5M cash, and his last full season he had 37G.

I don't even call that a bad contract, let alone worst in the league. Compare that to Clarkson - its not even in the same league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad