Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
on a serious note i wonder if we could get sven for something around wideman

That sounds like a realistic enough trade, but maybe I am overvaluing Wideman. top 6RD/PP QB vs middle 6 goal scorer....sounds about right to me. Doesn't mean VAN or OTT would want to do it, but the value seems there in a hockey trade.

That trade is like the dollar store version of Hall for Larsson :laugh:

Reactions: Brethers

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I'd love to take advantage of our "D" depth to improve our scoring. I doubt Van moves Sven though. AA might be a realistic target, but Detroit is likely to be less interested in the pieces we'd offer

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
I'd love to take advantage of our "D" depth to improve our scoring. I doubt Van moves Sven though. AA might be a realistic target, but Detroit is likely to be less interested in the pieces we'd offer

Not sure if he was talking about Sven Andrighetto or Sven Baertschi? Andrighetto plays for Colorado

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Not sure if he was talking about Sven Andrighetto or Sven Baertschi? Andrighetto plays for Colorado

baertschi, my previous post had the reference to the edler injury as a basis for vancouver needing ta dman

That sounds like a realistic enough trade, but maybe I am overvaluing Wideman. top 6RD/PP QB vs middle 6 goal scorer....sounds about right to me. Doesn't mean VAN or OTT would want to do it, but the value seems there in a hockey trade.

That trade is like the dollar store version of Hall for Larsson :laugh:

definitely is the dollar store version haha and it works well for us because we get to keep chabot in the lineup

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I hope we get Athanasiou - seems like we can land him for a fair price and having him < 3m for a couple years would make him a great fit.

Ryan Hoffman Stone Dzingel Athanasiou Smith

pretty awesome group of top 9 wingers.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I hope we get Athanasiou - seems like we can land him for a fair price and having him < 3m for a couple years would make him a great fit.

Ryan Hoffman Stone Dzingel Athanasiou Smith

pretty awesome group of top 9 wingers.
If it was a reasonable price he would have been traded already.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The Red Wings don't have to trade Athanasiou. They are probably just fishing to see if anybody will offer them a better player than him with no real intention to trade him otherwise. It's not like the guy is gonna play in the Swiss hockey league for a decade and refuse to sign another NHL deal. This happens all the time with RFAs and they always eventually crack, some sooner than others. If DET moves Athanasiou for futures, they do themselves no favours because they don't solve their problem which is having one less good young player in their lineup, and Athanasiou has to sign sometime because he is an RFA with zero leverage.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Dorion scares me. I don’t mind trading Boro or Wideman as the team has Harpur, Chabot and Jaros available; however, I definitely do not want to trade Ceci nor a top forward just to get another forward like Duchene. Trading Turris for Duchene would not improve the forwards, and it is the forwards that need improving.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I'm wondering if San Jose might be sellers at the deadline. I think their window is closed with that core. I haven't heard his name talked about much but what about Ottawa going after a guy like Joe Pavelski?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm wondering if San Jose might be sellers at the deadline. I think their window is closed with that core. I haven't heard his name talked about much but what about Ottawa going after a guy like Joe Pavelski?
If they were to be a seller, you gotta think he'd be a prime guy to target. A Boucher guy to be sure.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
In Turris you have a player who demands the puck and makes big plays.

He also works very hard and sets a good tone for the team.

I think a lot of people are underestimating the quality of the player we have here.

He's not a franchise center but neither is Duchene. It's a lateral or incremental move at best.

Brassard has probably been Ottawa's second best player (arguably, after Stone).

Six points in the last two games.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Except their GM always thinks they are Cup contenders and will never toss in the towel.

I'd love Pavelski but doubtful he's dealt. I could see Joe traded to a contender though

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Pavelski will not be an easy get in terms of trade. I wouldn't expect us to be in the running for his services if he does become available.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
I understand that Nashville, if unable to land Duchene, would then look to Ottawa for Turris as a potential target. So, I am curious what you think of the following 2 deals.

Turris
Phaneuf

for

Subban
2nd

We lose at center. We shed Phaneuf's contract, and we have the best 1-2 D in the league for years to come. Throw in Chabot down the road and possibly the best 1-2-3 ever. We also shed 1.5 mil in salary

OR

Turris
Phaneuf
2nd

for

Subban
Jarnkrok

We add about 3 mil in salary, replace Turris and still have that Karlsson / Subban punch.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I understand that Nashville, if unable to land Duchene, would then look to Ottawa for Turris as a potential target. So, I am curious what you think of the following 2 deals.

Turris
Phaneuf

for

Subban
2nd

We lose at center. We shed Phaneuf's contract, and we have the best 1-2 D in the league for years to come. Throw in Chabot down the road and possibly the best 1-2-3 ever. We also shed 1.5 mil in salary

OR

Turris
Phaneuf
2nd

for

Subban
Jarnkrok

We add about 3 mil in salary, replace Turris and still have that Karlsson / Subban punch.

Cap issues aside, that is not even remotely enticing from a Preds perspective. I would easily bet that Nashville would happily have an extra 2mil cap hit for Subban instead of Phaneuf and Turris doesn't move the needle enough. That second deal would be the steal of the century if the Sens pulled that off

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Turris
Phaneuf

for

Subban
2nd

OR

Turris
Phaneuf
2nd

for

Subban
Jarnkrok

I don't see Nashville doing either of those.

Hypothetically speaking though, if they did take one of those deals, what would you do with Ceci?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
If we cannot extend Turris, we have to move him for the best deal avail. And ultimately if that happens, we need to replace him. If that is the case I wouldn't mind an attempt at a couple of deals:

To STL:
Turris

To OTT:
Fabbri
Robert Thomas
Conditional 1st RD Pick (if Fabbri plays less than 100 games in 2018/19 and 19/20)

To COL:
Ceci
1st Rd Pick
Chlapik

To OTT:
Duchene

To DET:
Dzingle
Ben Harpur

To OTT:
Anthansiou

Hoffman-Duchene-Athansiou
Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Thompson-Burrows

Claessen-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Chabot
Oduya-Wideman
Boro

I think the salary in and out works for all teams involved... STL I'm not 100% sure of because of their LTIR situation.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't see Nashville doing either of those.

Hypothetically speaking though, if they did take one of those deals, what would you do with Ceci?
Trade him. If we have subban and karlsson ceci got to Be moved. I would honestly do turris and ceci for subban

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Pavelski's joining this team is something I could support. Not sure of what the Sharks' asking price would be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad