Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Ryan calculation is pretty simple. We retain 2.5m and deal him for future considerations. Then we take the 5m saved and use it on karl or on another defenceman.

Reactions: NB613 and armani

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Ryan calculation is pretty simple. We retain 2.5m and deal him for future considerations. Then we take the 5m saved and use it on karl or on another defenceman.

I think if someone would take Ryan at 4.75M, we would have dealt him by now.

What you're suggesting was probably plausible two seasons ago. Trade Ryan for a soft return at 5M. With his injury history over the last two seasons, I can't see any GM touching Ryan at 4 years 4.75M. I wouldn't want him for free half retained let alone at 4.75M.

I don't think we'd be at the point of trading Karlsson/trying to bundle Ryan with Karlsson if it was as easy as retaining 2.5M for someone to take Ryan.

beaniewong

Oct 6, 2013
If we get the 1st Overall pick:

Ottawa: Jack Eichel

Buffalo: #1 Overall (Rasmus Dahlin), Bobby Ryan, Drake Batherson, Colin White, 2019 2nd

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
If we get the 1st Overall pick:

Ottawa: Jack Eichel

Buffalo: #1 Overall (Rasmus Dahlin), Bobby Ryan, Drake Batherson, Colin White, 2019 2nd

That seems like a lot for a guy who is supremely talented but also hurt a lot.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I mean, you probably could have stopped at Batherson and it would have worked.

Adding a 2019 2nd also means the Sens wouldn't have a pick until the 3rd in 2019...unless they traded that one away too...NO PICKS IN 2019!!!

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Also, you forgot to add Karlsson. Any trade involving Bobby needs Karlsson attached to it. Get with the program!

beaniewong

Oct 6, 2013
Ok maybe a couple pieces in the original deal were too much maybe, but Eichel is a Legit talent and I honestly think he becomes a Top 5C playing with Stone and Co, more than I see Dahlin on the Sens becoming a Top 5 D....

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We already have a 1st line center.

We need to address the defense.

If we are keeping Karlsson .. we need to add an experienced legit top 4 LD. Not sure who we would trade to get one. Smith and the Pens 1st might get us one or we try the UFA route .. but we can't just get another Oduya.

I also think an upgrade at 2nd line C would be good to get.. We may have to give up Hoffman to get one. RNH or Sam Reinhart would be good targets for the basis of a deal.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If we are keeping Karlsson .. we need to add an experienced legit top 4 LD. Not sure who we would trade to get one. Smith and the Pens 1st might get us one or we try the UFA route .. but we can't just get another Oduya.

I also think an upgrade at 2nd line C would be good to get.. We may have to give up Hoffman to get one. RNH or Sam Reinhart would be good targets for the basis of a deal.
calvin de haan

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

If history serves as an indicator, the team will sign a fringe Oduya type discount player or go with the SOP of crossing the fingers that the hole can be filled internally by a drastically unprepared but more importantly underpaid rookie!

Reactions: Alex1234

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
We love dem local boys.

The Leeder (Cy) that is, confirmed this stance by way of a twitter convo the other day, he said BMurr (RIP) felt local players played a bit harder with friends and family in the stands, Cy offered that he also personally felt local fans could relate more to a 3/4th liner 3-6 dman better with the hometown narrative as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad