Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I think the slump is about to bust, but we should take advantage of the sellers market we've created for ourselves. The re-tool should still be in effect.

Smith = Gone
Burrows = Gone
Oduya = Gone
Ceci = Listen to offers
Hoffman = Listen to offers
Phaneuf = see if anyone can take him

Please explain to me how we get rid of Burrows.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Really, really don't like Sprong

I find it odd that he has 22 points in 25 games this year in the AHL but the Pens elected to call up Dominik Simon(never heard of him) over Sprong. On the Pens depth chart Simon, a natural centre according to his db page, is playing the right side with Crosby and Guentzel even though Sprong is a natural RW. Why wouldn't you call-up the natural fit?

Something's off.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I find it odd that he has 22 points in 25 games this year in the AHL but the Pens elected to call up Dominik Simon(never heard of him) over Sprong. On the Pens depth chart Simon, a natural centre according to his db page, is playing the right side with Crosby and Guentzel even though Sprong is a natural RW. Why wouldn't you call-up the natural fit?

Something's off.
Simon plays wing as well

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Something's off.
Not necessarily. Simon looks like a good option to call up. High IQ, Good playmaker... plays C/W

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I heard from my fathers, brothers, nephews, cousins former roommate that Oduya will be traded to the Habs for free poutine.

Thumbs up if you get the movie reference.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Moves need to be made to get the team going again. Not sure we need a huge shakeup but a small shakeup should work, how about Hoffman for a 1st rounder?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Moves need to be made to get the team going again. Not sure we need a huge shakeup but a small shakeup should work, how about Hoffman for a 1st rounder?
ya thats going to get us going all right

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
he is pretty good. Lets not forget Brass missed camp and couldnt train for most of the summer cause of surgery he will be in prime form soon enough

He only looks like a legit top 6 player when he is paired with the liked of stone/zucc.

He's a complimentary 2nd line player and that's all he is.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He only looks like a legit top 6 player when he is paired with the liked of stone/zucc.

He's a complimentary 2nd line player and that's all he is.

Ok? So he is a 2nd line center which is what we need. Is he supposed to look like a 1C if he is paired with grinders? whats your point
He can play the 2nd C role well especially later into the season. Last half of last year and into the playoffs he was very solid and ottawa coaching thought he was our best center

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
I would easily trade Pageau for a potential top 4 defenceman or top 6 forward on a team looking to contend now. By that I mean not like a junior prospect but someone who has shown good nhl ability with potential to get better under 23ish. I know Pageau is a very well liked player and is local but imo he has reached his potential and we could use more talent.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I would easily trade Pageau for a potential top 4 defenceman or top 6 forward on a team looking to contend now. By that I mean not like a junior prospect but someone who has shown good nhl ability with potential to get better under 23ish. I know Pageau is a very well liked player and is local but imo he has reached his potential and we could use more talent.

Totally disagree with you on this... Pageau is the kind of guy deep playoff teams have locking down their 3C spot. He can kill penalties, score goals, score SH goals, take on tough matchups, and is in general perfect for that role. I'd move other guys before him for sure.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Totally disagree with you on this... Pageau is the kind of guy deep playoff teams have locking down their 3C spot. He can kill penalties, score goals, score SH goals, take on tough matchups, and is in general perfect for that role. I'd move other guys before him for sure.

Oh I too would move other guys before him, but I think he may have the most value of our none core guys and can bring back a player with potential to be a better player. Let's say Buffalo offers you Sam Reinhart straight up who has shown he is capable of scoring 47 points already, would you not take it for the potential pay off of getting a decent top 6 forward from a "role" player? Just an example, dont think Buffalo has given up on Sam yet just like Calgary hasn't on theirs either

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Ok? So he is a 2nd line center which is what we need. Is he supposed to look like a 1C if he is paired with grinders? whats your point
He can play the 2nd C role well especially later into the season. Last half of last year and into the playoffs he was very solid and ottawa coaching thought he was our best center

We don't really need a 30 year old complimentary 2nd line plsyer who is going to ask for 5 mil.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
What are all these Mike Hoffman rumors about? What kind of player is he? obviously a scorer but does he have other intangibles or anything?

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
What are all these Mike Hoffman rumors about? What kind of player is he? obviously a scorer but does he have other intangibles or anything?
Mike Hoffman is not only a goal scorer, but one one of the fasted skating players you will ever see. He also has major leadership abilities. He was the captain of our AHL affiliate for a couple years and led them to the Calder Cup. dude is 100% skill and intangibles though, no physicality whatsoever, but not everyone needs to be a body slammer.

Reactions: coladin

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Top 5 or 6 guys id like to see us move in order

1 . Bobby - Bad contract
2. Dion - Bad contract
3. Brassard - Im worried about giving out a big contract to a guy that's 29 and not playing great
4. Burrows - 4th liner can be replaced
5. Oduya - Contract expires so he isn't higher up the list
6. Smith - Has underperformed last two years. Has two more years at 3. 25 its time to go

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Top 5 or so guys i want to keep

1. Karlsson - Franchise player. You dont trade those
2. Stone - As close to an elite forward we have
3. Duchene - We need a solid C moving forward . Is a #1 C when used properly
4. Hoffman - Put up top goal scoring numbers when we played an offensive system. Being misused.
5. Pageau - Honey badger, hard working what's not to love heart and soul guy.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Top 5 or 6 guys id like to see us move in order

1 . Bobby - Bad contract
2. Dion - Bad contract
3. Brassard - Im worried about giving out a big contract to a guy that's 29 and not playing great
4. Burrows - 4th liner can be replaced
5. Oduya - Contract expires so he isn't higher up the list
6. Smith - Has underperformed last two years. Has two more years at 3. 25 its time to go

I honestly think we are tied up in these contracts, no one is going to want Ryan's without us tossing in a prospect or something and I fail then to see where we replace him internally therefore losing more assets in trying to fill the void, we can't even replace Mac...
As for Dion, I am fine either way, the way his contract is structured an "Arizona" could be inclined to take him on, but if he was to stay I also have no issue with that. If we were quite honestly right up to the cap Now, then it would be more pressing but at the moment, i'm not worried about it.
Burrows can go, Oduya does not need to be resigned and as for Smith he will account for 4% of tha cap at 80 mill next season, I am fine with that for a 4th liner who can play up a bit, this team really can't afford to be any softer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad