Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I wonder if he'll end up as an early star and a controversial trade in a new franchise.

People were pissed about Bob Kudelski.

I could hardly believe this when I heard it, but here it is. I heard
it just now on the T.V.
The Ottawa Senators have sent Bob Kudelski to the Florida Panthers
in exchange for Scott Levins, Evgeny Davydov, and a couple of draft picks.
Gee, trading your all star player for those guys. If I were a Senator
fan, I sure wouldn't be very happy right now. Anybody have any ideas why
they would want to antagonize their fans?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/kudelski$20trade/rec.sport.hockey/qp9eN0r0J8k/92QO7R51XoIJ

Reactions: NyQuil

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I could hardly believe this when I heard it, but here it is. I heard
it just now on the T.V.
The Ottawa Senators have sent Bob Kudelski to the Florida Panthers
in exchange for Scott Levins, Evgeny Davydov, and a couple of draft picks.
Gee, trading your all star player for those guys. If I were a Senator
fan, I sure wouldn't be very happy right now. Anybody have any ideas why
they would want to antagonize their fans?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/kudelski$20trade/rec.sport.hockey/qp9eN0r0J8k/92QO7R51XoIJ
I'm confused what is this

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I'm confused what is this

Usenet which was basically message boards before message boards. Google has the archive which makes it possible to pull up wacky posts from 20-30 years ago and see what people thought about major hockey trades or other news stories....

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Kids not knowing usenet makes me feel so damn old

Message boards are going the way of usenet, I'm amazed HFBoards is as active as it is. It's all about Facebook Groups/Reddit/whatever apps the youth of today use to fornicate that I don't even know exist (and I'm not even that old)

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
What about Wideman + 3rd for Evander Kane?

We need to trade a d-man and I can't imagine Kane's value being that high

Could be totally off though

Hoffman-Turris-Kane
Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-Smith

I'd prefer Neal or AA... but another option that might fit

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
What about Wideman + 3rd for Evander Kane?

We need to trade a d-man and I can't imagine Kane's value being that high

Unless I'm way out of touch with Wideman's value, I don't think that gets us Kane. Right now, I'd say if someone REALLY liked Wideman, he might be worth a 2nd with his hot start and that's if they can extend him.

Even with Kane's supposed personality issues, the guy had 28 goals last year in only 70 games....4 goals in 7 this season so far. I think some teams would be cautious to commit to him long term, but as a 1 year rental who everybody knows is on his contract year and needs to perform, he'd be a great deadline acquisition for a lot of teams. Add a 1st to Wideman+3rd and I think that's in the ball park of what BUF might be looking for.....which obviously we shouldn't do at this point.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
If the Rangers continue to be trash, Zuccarello and Nash might be nice targets. Nash will probably be a big fish at the deadline though.

Nash is damaged goods. Do not want. Great player during his prime years though, don't get me wrong. Unless we're just planning on having him for this season? He's a UFA next year. Would rather package something solid for a longer term player on the team!

Zuccarello would be one of the best additions we can make to this team imo... My goodness would he be great to have in our top 6. He's making 4.5M and has another year on his contract. He's super speedy and crafty and already has great chemistry with Brass. Imagine having Brassard-Zuccarello as a duo on one line and Turris-Stone on the other one. Add Hoffman and Ryan to whichever of those duos and those are two very good lines.

He'll turn UFA the same year as Karlsson but if we know that we can lock him up for around 6M that would be a great target.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I mean ask him about his attitude and work ethic etc

I think, and have thought since he was still in our org, that one of Tim's greatest failings as a GM/hockey exec was his inability or unwillingness to care about those things in a hockey player.

I'm not sure TM would offer a whole lot of insight here, honestly.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
"According to Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun, multiple sources can confirm that Ottawa is interested in the 28-year-old scoring machine.
Nash has registered at least 40 goals in two seasons and is coming off a 2011-12 season where he scored 30 goals and 29 assists for a Blue Jackets team that was by far the worst in the league.
The price tag is going to be high, but that’s why Ottawa is the perfect fit.
The report states the Senators are prepared to offer their 2011 first-round pick Mika Zibanejad, winger Nick Foligno and goalie Ben Bishop. A steep price tag, surely, but it’s the going rate for an experienced scorer still currently in his prime."

Nash wouldn't waive his full NMC for Ottawa, ended up going to New York for Dubinsky+Anisimov+1st.

He currently only has a modified NTC where he can name 12 teams he can be traded to. We we aren't likely to be one of the teams considering he wouldn't waive for us previously.

Lots of interesting pieces there if that was the legit offer/ask. Our roster would potentially have been very different over the last few years considering we eventually traded all 3 of those guys for different players, and we acquired Ryan in place of Nash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad