Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Why would Spezza want to come back to a team he asked to be traded from?

How many times has that happened in the NHL?
Do you think he asked to be traded because he hated Ottawa? I think he didn't want to be part of a rebuild and waste years on that. He wanted to go to a team were he had a chance to win. He just chose the wrong team.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
If spezza came back it would be a media circus. He took so much criticism when he was here why would be come back. Look at what happened when Jim O'Brien came back into the sens organization. He's bellevilles whipping boy.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
There are so few guys like him left that the asking price would be astronomical.

I saw your Dzingel -Chlapik-Wideman trade offer. That’s not going to cut it.

and I saw your douchebaggery in response lmao

Still, Simmonds would be perfect but he would get a big return for sure

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Price has a full NMC, so slim chance he’s moved unless he wants out, But i still think he ends up in Winnipeg.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Whoa I'm liking the Jets chances of going deep if they get Price... their team would be very solid.

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Is there any truth to this Price to Winnipeg rumor? Or is it all fan speculation?

I think it's just fan speculation.....

My money is on Vancouver. They've got the cap space next year to fit him in, Price is a local boy which might increase the odds of him waiving his NMC, tickets aren't selling well, and they apparently have a history of meddling ownership. Based on nothing but my own speculation, I don't think Price will go for very much in a trade. It'll be like the Luongo deal where everybody is saying "that's it?".

It really depends on how big of a sticking point his NMC is and who is really in the driver's seat, Price or the Canadiens. But, not many teams can take on a 10.5M goalie.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Why are people talking about bringing Spezza back?
He is not what this team needs.

Sad truth is we’d probably have to give up more to get him back then we got.

OTT: Spezza
DAL: Paul, Wideman

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Not only do we not need Spezza, he asked for a trade from us and didn't want to be here. He's only projected to get 33 points this year, less than Duchene, Brassard and Pageau.

Reactions: The Lewler

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It's one person. Not people.
This team is missing another player and everybody wants another winger. My opinion is that with what is out there I wouldn't close the door on trying to bring him back. The circumstances are a lot different now than they were 4 seasons ago. Spezza wanted out of that team. Murray could've told the media to ease up on Spezza but chose not to because he either didn't want him or Melnyk did want to pay to resign him. We all know the media in this city does what they are told by the Sens.

With Turris we needed a forward and we just replaced him with Duchene. Upgrade, yes, final solution no. What Spezza brings is vision like no other on this team, puck possesion like no other on this team, and overall skill. He is still a quality NHL player and would make our power play better than it is. He might be on pace for 33 points but that is in a new system with a new coach. How does Kane, Simmons, or who ever people want make us better? I say we would get much of the same. Spezza is the full package, just at 34, so you have to have lower expectations obviously. He wouldn't be brought in to be the saviour, he would be brought in to fill a glaring hole this team has missed since he left. Our offense looks bad because no one can hold on to the puck long enough for the D to get out of position on the PP. All we do is pass and pass and pass looking for the right shot or until someone turns it over. As good as Karlsson is on the PP he is usually hugging the blue line. We need a possession player on the half board to either draw players out of position to find an open man or someone who can create their own shot. The guy is not going to play 20 minutes a night. His contract is up after next season so we are not tied to him.

Centers make wingers better. Just think if Spezza would have been resigned here. Hoffman and Stone could be 7.5 million dollar players now. No matter who Spezza played with he got them payed more than they were worth.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
If spezza came back it would be a media circus. He took so much criticism when he was here why would be come back. Look at what happened when Jim O'Brien came back into the sens organization. He's bellevilles whipping boy.
It's funny how the media isn't saying anything on how bad Hoffman's defensive awareness is. Spezza took criticism when we were losing because we were told we should be winning. With all the players and coaches that came and went Spezza remained a ppg player. That says a lot I and I can't understand why people don't acknowledge it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's funny how the media isn't saying anything on how bad Hoffman's defensive awareness is. Spezza took criticism when we were losing because we were told we should be winning. With all the players and coaches that came and went Spezza remained a ppg player. That says a lot I and I can't understand why people don't acknowledge it.
Honestly. Hoffman isn't THAT in the d zone. Most of the time when hes in the ice and we're stuck in our zone I'm thinking "someone just get a stick on it ". It's usually Hoffman that does it

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
can we give spezza his own thread and talk other potential ideas, at this stage an oel to ottawa deal would be more realistic

edmonton and new jersey are apparently looking for a dman, i wonder if we can make a phaneuf deal to either team since i highly doubt we are trading ceci, or maybe we can get a pick for oduya and run away before the other team figures out what happens

Reactions: MarkStone

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
A mid season trade of P9 would be brutal for us esp. with our injuries...

Don't see that happening. If anything it'll be the offseason.

We don't really have a great shutdown D at the moment which is hurting.

And that top 6 fwd, but you have to figure that Colin will be up in Jan and if he fits then we have no need of a rental.

Which is good, because ... we could start to use some picks coming back the other way. Don't want to pull a Washington..

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Honestly if you remember back then what Spezza was doing compared to what Hoffman is doing it's extremely different.

Hoffman will lose the puck but not because he's trying to make impossible plays. Spezza would make no look drop passes right to the other team who'd go on the counter attack and Spezza would be gliding back. He got better defensively in the later stages of his career in Ottawa, but he always had this bad habit of trying to make impossible plays - don't get me wrong he made the highlight reel everytime it worked, but it didn't more often than not especially when he was away from Alfie and Heater.

Hoffman is backchecking like a madman. Often the first guy back. The other day Karlsson turned it over at the blueline in the Ozone and Hoff was circling around the net and was the first one back. We got scored on on that play but still shows he's trying and doing the wor.k.

Reactions: MarkStone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad