Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Jokinen would not have been a good pickup. Way too slow in general and probably too slow for Boucher's system. He is done.

Yeah, agreed.

I have to think Edmonton loves that deal, though I have no clue why L.A. even entertains the idea of making that trade, let alone actually going through with it. There must have been something else going on beyond the scenes, because on the surface it seems lopsided in Edmonton's favour.

I mean, Cammalleri isn't anything close to what he used to be, but he's still a useful secondary scoring winger. Jokinen just looks done, though if there's any team that wants slow players, it's the Kings. Easily the slowest team in the league, and they almost seem to be proud of it.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
has anyone watch Patrick Sharp play? I know hes had injuries but his point totals are really low...could be an age thing

super cheap forward on a one year deal

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
has anyone watch Patrick Sharp play? I know hes had injuries but his point totals are really low...could be an age thing

He wouldn't waive his NTC for Ottawa last year at the deadline, not sure if he has one anymore.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

Kouleas / Johnson were talking about him today on NHL satellite radio with a Hawks beat guy. Hawks guy gave him a rating of C , and said he was being generous.

Mike Johnson said he's clearly not the player he was 5 years ago and that's fine, but that he seems to be struggling big time in an environment that he thought he would be comfortable with.

So in short, no thank you.

Reactions: MarkStone

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Yeah, agreed.

I have to think Edmonton loves that deal, though I have no clue why L.A. even entertains the idea of making that trade, let alone actually going through with it. There must have been something else going on beyond the scenes, because on the surface it seems lopsided in Edmonton's favour.

I mean, Cammalleri isn't anything close to what he used to be, but he's still a useful secondary scoring winger. Jokinen just looks done, though if there's any team that wants slow players, it's the Kings. Easily the slowest team in the league, and they almost seem to be proud of it.

Going full contrarian.

So slow it messes with other teams speed.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
"moving forward" "Soon the line up will be" "Once prospect x is ready"

When do we get to stop waiting on prospects to step in and actually go for it?

I think it's a pretty good bet that both Chabot and White will be in Ottawa by xmas. Both of those kids are good enough to boost the roster without needing additional help via a trade.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
I think it's a pretty good bet that both Chabot and White will be in Ottawa by xmas. Both of those kids are good enough to boost the roster without needing additional help via a trade.

Exactly. I think it would be best for both parties if Chabot played most of the year in the AHL and was promoted around playoff time (a-la Charlie MacAvoy)

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Calvin de Haan would be a good pick up. Top 4 LHD who can somewhat move the puck. Also from Ottawa which you know sens brass would absolutely love.

Phaneuf, Claesson, Boro, Harpur, Chabot, Oduya

We're already jammed on the left side, now granted CDH is probably better than most of those guys but I can't see PD making a move for a d-man let alone an LHD

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Sure but they still want to make the playoffs.

And him being a UFA at the end of this season makes it less likely that we'd want him. He'd be a pure rental.
I'm down for a rental or two again, particularly one on d,similar to Wingels and Stalberg last season but this is a name that might come up around the deadline , isles are tied for 8th in the east right now, could go either way with them.

We don't need many lengthy contracts anymore is my thinking because we have some important players to re-sign coming up.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm down for a rental or two again, particularly one on d,similar to Wingels and Stalberg last season but this is a name that might come up around the deadline , isles are tied for 8th in the east right now, could go either way with them.

We don't need many lengthy contracts anymore is my thinking because we have some important players to re-sign coming up.

They want Tavares to stay though.

I have to think they aren't throwing the towel at any point this season until/if they are mathematically eliminated from a playoff spot.

I'd like De Haan for sure. Just don't think it's realistic.

Reactions: solidprospect

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
OEL is currently 5.5M this season and next. Sens have created a bit of a window this year and next. The sens will open that window full if they can make a trade for OEL. Brown + Harpur + 2019 2nd for 1.7 years of OEL.

Put Mac on LTIR

Claesson - Karlsson
OEL - Ceci
Chabot - Phaneuf
Wideman
Boro
Jaros

You can argue thats 2 #1 D pairings, and elite #2 pairing. #WhoThef***IsNashville

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
OEL is currently 5.5M this season and next. Sens have created a bit of a window this year and next. The sens will open that window full if they can make a trade for OEL. Brown + Harpur + 2019 2nd for 1.7 years of OEL.

Put Mac on LTIR

Claesson - Karlsson
OEL - Ceci
Chabot - Phaneuf
Wideman
Boro
Jaros

You can argue thats 2 #1 D pairings, and elite #2 pairing. #WhoThe****IsNashville

Would be a pretty big move for Dorion to make and that D core would look sexy. I give it less than a 5% chance of happening though.

Reactions: Mika Hoffmanijad

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Put Mac on LTIR

Claesson - Karlsson
OEL - Ceci
Chabot - Phaneuf
Wideman
Boro
Jaros

You can argue thats 2 #1 D pairings, and elite #2 pairing. #WhoThe****IsNashville

Yea... It'd cost more than that to acquire OEL.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

Put Mac on LTIR

Claesson - Karlsson
OEL - Ceci
Chabot - Phaneuf
Wideman
Boro
Jaros

How are we signing guys like Stone and Ceci for next season?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Exactly. I think it would be best for both parties if Chabot played most of the year in the AHL and was promoted around playoff time (a-la Charlie MacAvoy)

The difference is that MacAvoy played 0 NHL regular season games and was thrust into an emergency role during his draft+1 year (he performed admirably), whereas with Chabot he already has more experience and we're grooming him the perfect way for him to turn heads once he's a full-timer. If he's here in the new year we're going to be very very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad