Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
If we can all accept that Boro is not going to be traded, nor will he be a healthy scratch for the majority of games, then we can all retain our sanity over the next 2 or 3 years.

The organization just seems to view this guy in a completely different light than the fan base.
...and that doesn't make anyone stupid for thinking that way. ;)

Reactions: Gesus

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Wideman is two goals away from matching Boroweicki's career goal total numbers lol

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Dorion probably wants to get Trent Mann a few more picks this draft considering he’s drafted Batherson, Formenton, Dahlen in 2 years outside of the 1st round.

Mann’s hot right now, gotta get him some more picks

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Wideman is two goals away from matching Boroweicki's career goal total numbers lol

IMO this proves what I have been saying for a long time & that is that the majority of people on here only care about pts & don't seem to understand that there is so much more to this game than accumulating pts & not every player is paid to accumulate pts. That is why Boro got re-signed by this organization & why Wideman will be traded before the yr is up because this organization values more the skillset that Boro brings over what Wideman brings.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Dorion probably wants to get Trent Mann a few more picks this draft considering he’s drafted Batherson, Formenton, Dahlen in 2 years outside of the 1st round.

Mann’s hot right now, gotta get him some more picks

I'm confident we'll have more picks going into the draft. I think we'll at least be able to trade back into the 2nd round or pick up some later picks.

Wideman seems redundant as a D with Chabot being NHL ready and supposedly set to play a similar role on the right side (despite Chabot being a lefty). Wideman might get us a 3rd.

Nick Paul is in the do or die spot because he'll need waivers next year, so if Boucher doesn't like him or Dorion thinks he won't reach that next level, they should flip him for a pick to a team that will promote him to the NHL like they've done with Prince and Lazar in past seasons.

A big thing, is I don't think we're gonna go into 18-19 paying Anderson+Condon a combined 8M. Especially since we'll have Driedger hopefully by then ready to be a backup, and if not Driedger, Hogberg. So at the draft, we move a goalie, we acquire probably a 2nd considering what goalies have gone for at the draft over the last few seasons. I'd guess we 99 percent keep Anderson and move Condon, but you never know....

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
IMO this proves what I have been saying for a long time & that is that the majority of people on here only care about pts & don't seem to understand that there is so much more to this game than accumulating pts & not every player is paid to accumulate pts. That is why Boro got re-signed by this organization & why Wideman will be traded before the yr is up because this organization values more the skillset that Boro brings over what Wideman brings.
I think you are being overly simplistic. Wideman's skillset is best utilized with pp time which won't happen behind Karlsson. We also have Chabot who further makes him redundant.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think you are being overly simplistic. Wideman's skillset is best utilized with pp time which won't happen behind Karlsson. We also have Chabot who further makes him redundant.
Wideman's skillset wouldn't happen behind a lot of guys in the league though. 2nd line PP QB. That's his skillset. He's actually pretty good at it. The problem becomes that 10 minutes a game you need to play him 5 on 5 where he's not big enough, strong enough and otherwise skilled enough to play those minutes well.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
What’s the source?

A guy who knows a guy, who knows a guy - so take that for what it is, but was told from a top host at TSN that Price is in deep water.

Who knows, but the rumblings are there.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well at the end of the day points are most important. Like if you're players can get an insane amount of points it guarenteed wins.

If you're players are all simply really tough, doesn't guarentee anything.

That being said. Boro started the year out great. Was good last night too. Why? Because he's bringing MORE than just toughness. He's bringing smart pinches. Smart decision with the puck. It's not like he's tougher than last year? He's better because he's making better hockey plays.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ceci for draisaitl.

Oilers get legit #1 shutdown guy who plays big minutes against top comp. 6'2 skates like the win bomb of a shot moves puck.

Sens get top line winger.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Ceci for draisaitl.

Oilers get legit #1 shutdown guy who plays big minutes against top comp. 6'2 skates like the win bomb of a shot moves puck.

Sens get top line winger.
You'd have to add brown and a 1st to get a conversation going

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Norm
A guy who knows a guy, who knows a guy - so take that for what it is, but was told from a top host at TSN that Price is in deep water.

Who knows, but the rumblings are there.

If this actually happens, I bet he ends up in Vancouver.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
(warning....OT)
Regarding Price, I've seen rumours about him being in trouble alluded to, hell there is a mod warning in their Carey Price thread. I just figured it was fanatical Canadiens BS.

If any of it is true (for the sake of trade discussion....) as someone said above, VAN makes sense. Maybe retribution for getting so little in exchange for Luongo. I don't see Price getting a huge return. So few teams that can take him, he has a NMC, he is going to have a massive cap hit.

Something like Markstrom (3.66M cap hit)+Demko+2nd
or
Markstrom (3.66M cap hit)+Demko+Cond' 1st (top 10 protected, or something like a 1st if VAN reaches CONF finals, otherwise a 2nd)

Price has a 6.5M cap hit. So either MTL has to retain on the final year of his contract (unsure if that is allowed per the CBA, as there has never been a similar situation), or VAN has to include someone like Gudbranson who has been rumoured to be available and has a 3.5M cap hit. VAN currently has around 1M of cap space, but if this trade takes place at the deadline or closer to it, they would have banked enough cap space to add Price with only Markstrom going back.

Next season, VAN has enough cap coming off the books, that they can build around a 10.5M Price.

MTL just won't be in a position to bargain. Look at the Kessel to PIT trade as a similar example of a potential superstar in turmoil with a NTC (Price has a full NMC), a big cap hit, and tons of term left. TOR got what was the equivalent of two late 1sts (one being used the previous season by PIT on Kapanen) and a 3rd for Kessel but they had to give up a late 2nd and retain salary.

Reactions: Silencio

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Seriously not sure how anyone can think Wideman is a better player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad