Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The thing nobody ever seems to mention is that every team in the NHL has young guys like we do, we aren't the only team with some promising youngsters like Formenton/Chlapik/Norris/etc., we are one of 2 dozen+.

We have no elite talent whatsoever outside of Chabot, we have a bunch of nice pieces, and we have none on the immediate horizon with the draft. That's not a good position to be in.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
The thing nobody ever seems to mention is that every team in the NHL has young guys like we do, we aren't the only team with some promising youngsters like Formenton/Chlapik/Norris/etc., we are one of 2 dozen+.

We have no elite talent whatsoever outside of Chabot, we have a bunch of nice pieces, and we have none on the immediate horizon with the draft. That's not a good position to be in.

I'd include Brady on the list of elite talent as well. He could turn into an elite power forward.

But Pierre Dorion really loves his spare parts; probably because he's made of them.

Reactions: NB613

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Sunny ways my friend, sunny goddamn ways

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
What the heck is even the point of "Question Period" with Garrioch? All he does is spew a bunch of bull. Like where the heck are the followup questions or the questions about the inconpetence of the coaching staff? TSN Hockey slowly becoming puppets just like Garrioch and the radio station.

Sorry thought I was in gameday thread

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If we aren't re-signing Duchene, it opens up the interesting proposal of signing Stone to a 2-3 year max salary (or close to it) deal.

-lets him buy time to see if Melnyk sells
-allows him to earn more in a short period and still be in his prime to cash in
-if 2 years it comes off the books in time for Chabot+Tkachuk extensions

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Yep drafting a crop of excellent young players ,mean nothing if you arent interested in actually spending some money to surround them with quality veterans,good coaches etc...And letting them take a run a or two

What's even worse is that we likely created two dynastic franchises out west by trading the best defenseman ever to play to one team and then gave a top 5 pick away to another.

Even if we do recover and become competitive and by some miracle make it to the finals there is a 75% chance that we will face one of those two franchises. The humiliation that will ensue when we lose to them will be unfathomable. The hits keep coming Sens fans.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
His job is definitely harder due to the clown owner, it just means you need someone who’s really damn good at their job. David Poile was stuck with crap ownership for a long time and made it work.
Poile has a lot more experience in his role and is one of the best GMs in the league. He makes most other competent GMs (also with a lot more experience than PD) look like crap. PD will never become Poile but he was also a GM for 10-15 years before Nashville.

Not really a fair comparison, there's only one winningest GM of all time.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Hypothetical question for you:

If we could get our first round pick back and do an actual for real this time rebuild, would you be willing to involve in the trade anyone not named Chabot or Tkachuk?

Reactions: NB613

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Hypothetical question for you:

If we could get our first round pick back and do an actual for real this time rebuild, would you be willing to involve in the trade anyone not named Chabot or Tkachuk?
Not sure why we wouldn't, they are the only two who could be argued are worth as much as that pick atm, and even then

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Yup it’s pretty ugly right now. I think that’ll change over the next 3-4 seasons. Things change fast in the NHL but I can’t see Ottawa not being at the rock bottom of the standings for quite a while. Hopefully ownership/management gets their shit together and is in a position to compete by then.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Not sure why we wouldn't, they are the only two who could be argued are worth as much as that pick atm, and even then

I think there would be reluctance to get rid of Stone or Duchene. But at this point I don't even know if we can get any decent seasons during their primes.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Yup it’s pretty ugly right now. I think that’ll change over the next 3-4 seasons. Things change fast in the NHL but I can’t see Ottawa not being at the rock bottom of the standings for quite a while. Hopefully ownership/management gets their **** together and is in a position to compete by then.
Are there any signs pointing towards people getting their **** together? I am sure your answer will be no, so until then what is the point of having optimism?

Reactions: Engineer and billpo

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Are there any signs pointing towards people getting their **** together? I am sure your answer will be no, so until then what is the point of having optimism?
Ya not really. I guess the attempted mediation of the lebreton flats deal is a sign, even if there is small chance the deal is salvaged.
Yup it’s ugly, but being optimistic is all you can try and do as a fan. Maybe Menyk goes bankrupt and is forced to sell the team, who knows. I certainly feel the frustration though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad