Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals XV: MacT Throw Us a Friggin Bone Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Gagner haters make me laugh.

In Hemsky's last 3 seasons he has 145gp: 25g-50a-75 pts and -31. For how much salary? That's nothing for a player who contributes absolutely nothing to the team aside from scoring.

He's scoring at the same rate as Gagner is scoring with his cage, no training camp, and in the first 26 games after he came back (probably early) from his injuries.

I seriously never understood the love and forgiveness that Hemsky has always gotten here. The team absolutely lacks intensity and determination when he is on the ice and that's why the Oilers haven't been able to trade him these past few years.

Both have to go.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Both have to go.

Great plan, but if the worst team in the NHL doesn't want you, what makes all the people in this board think that any of the other 29 teams in this league are dmb enough to want these guys???? Seriously delusional. If they get better than a 4th for Hemsky and a 3rd for Gagner I'd be surprised... I wouldn't want Gagner on that contract.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
The Oilers need Ekblad & they need to let him develop properly before he gets overwhelmed here,
they need some wimps from our defense traded away,
they need some d-men with some permanent scars who can control the center of the ice,
they need Hemsky gone even if it's for no return,
they need to teach all the fwds on the team that they won't get the same free ride that Hemsky got - they need accountability in a huge way.
what they basically need is to become a team with more intensity and a higher compete level on every inch of the ice, even at the expense of some skill.

Wishlist, some players who don't have immense trade value but would be awesome here:
Darren Helm
Barret Jackman
Robyn Regher
the guy from nashville or StL who scouts defensemen

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Maybe not if Buffalo takes Ekblad and we have Sam Reinhart.

Let me throw some hypotheticals at you:

We trade Sam Gagner for Jake Gardiner

We trade Hemsky for a valuable asset at the deadline (B+ prospect or mid-late 1st rounder)

We trade Nick Schultz for a late 2nd

We sign Ott to 5 years @ $4.5 million per

We sign Girardi to 5 years @ $6 million per

We sign Brian Boyle to 5 years @ $3 million per

We sign Ryan Reaves to 3 years @ $2 million per

We sign Mark Stuart to 3 years @ $2.5 million per

We trade Jeff Petry and the trade returns for Hemsky and N. Schultz for a real goalie.

We draft Reinhart

Hall-RNH-Perron
Yakupov-Reinhart-Eberle
Ott-Gordon-Smyth
Gazdic-Boyle-Reaves

Ference-Girardi
Gardiner-J. Schultz
Nurse-Stuart

New Goalie
Bachman

Would you not at least look at that team and say playoffs are possible?

Aside from drafting Reinhart the rest of this post is a pipe dream... Neither Gagner, Hemsky or Schultz are going to net REMOTELY anything near those values or they'd be gone already.... Petry? Really? And why would most or ANY of those FA's sign with the s*** show in Edmonton, the second worst destination in the NHL? (sorry Winnipeg)

People need to sniff the smelling salts and realize there is no easy out.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The Oilers need Ekblad & they need to let him develop properly before he gets overwhelmed here,
they need some wimps from our defense traded away,
they need some d-men with some permanent scars who can control the center of the ice,
they need Hemsky gone even if it's for no return,
they need to teach all the fwds on the team that they won't get the same free ride that Hemsky got - they need accountability in a huge way.
what they basically need is to become a team with more intensity and a higher compete level on every inch of the ice, even at the expense of some skill.

Wishlist, some players who don't have immense trade value but would be awesome here:
Darren Helm
Barret Jackman
Robyn Regher

the guy from nashville or StL who scouts defensemen

1. I know you HATE Hemsky, but you and I both know that it's incredibly stupid to say "No return" would help us. He's the No.2 RW here, Yak's producing less so therefore he has some sort of importance to us and if we deal him, we better get something decent for him. I'd like the Oil to re-sign him for cheaper if possible, but if they don't, then they can move Gagner to RW and get a C who can actually play 2nd line on a cup contender.

2. Hemsky didn't really get a free ride. He's been razzed on by fans for a long time while guys like Hall/Ebs/RNH/Gagner get free rides because they are "young". I'm not saying they always do, but when Hemsky makes a mistake, it's much more recognized then when say, Ebs does. How many times has Matheson called out Hemsky? Every game? The fans here have been giving everyone accountability but outside of the boards, Hemsky gets way more blame when really he shouldn't.

3. Mark my words, if the Oilers draft Ekblad, they will throw him into the fire and he will be overwhelmed by game 10. He is a guy who won't develop properly here IMO.

4. Helm and Jackman won't be dealt. Regehr is incredibly slow and overrated, I don't want him.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
We need another defensive defenceman at the end of the day. It appears Jeff Petry can be expendable if needed. You would be lying to yourself if you said you didn't like the Andrew Ference signing.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
1. I know you HATE Hemsky, but you and I both know that it's incredibly stupid to say "No return" would help us. He's the No.2 RW here, Yak's producing less so therefore he has some sort of importance to us and if we deal him, we better get something decent for him. I'd like the Oil to re-sign him for cheaper if possible, but if they don't, then they can move Gagner to RW and get a C who can actually play 2nd line on a cup contender.

2. Hemsky didn't really get a free ride. He's been razzed on by fans for a long time while guys like Hall/Ebs/RNH/Gagner get free rides because they are "young". I'm not saying they always do, but when Hemsky makes a mistake, it's much more recognized then when say, Ebs does. How many times has Matheson called out Hemsky? Every game? The fans here have been giving everyone accountability but outside of the boards, Hemsky gets way more blame when really he shouldn't.

3. Mark my words, if the Oilers draft Ekblad, they will throw him into the fire and he will be overwhelmed by game 10. He is a guy who won't develop properly here IMO.

4. Helm and Jackman won't be dealt. Regehr is incredibly slow and overrated, I don't want him.

Eberle has been getting absolutely hammered on this forum all year. He's not getting as much flack as Hemsky sometimes does but he's right up there with Gagner. Only guys I see getting a free ride is Nuge and Hall.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
We need another defensive defenceman at the end of the day. It appears Jeff Petry can be expendable if needed. You would be lying to yourself if you said you didn't like the Andrew Ference signing.

We need a #1 d-man. Plain and simple. I can't stress enough how much we need that guy who can play 25-30 mins a game and control the pace. I'm sorry if people are sick of me using this example, but it is a great one. During the lockout last season, the Ice Dogs were one of the best OHL teams with D. Hamilton controlling the game. After the lockout, we still had our offensive studs in Strome and Ritchie, but losing Hamilton made us awful. At one point we lost 10 of 11, and we lost in 5 games in the 1st round of playoffs.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

I don't think getting rid of Jeff Petry is wise unless we are directly replacing him with a superior defenseman. What we need is not a defensive defenseman but someone with a strong two way game, who can help on both the power-play and the penalty kill and be physical enough or smart enough with their stick to stop cycles in our own end. Someone who could be a mentor to the young guys we have coming in would be of value as well, Ference is a pretty good guy to teach work ethic and winning habits (but a little more support wouldn't be a bad thing).

The two guys at the top of my list who are likely long shots but we might.... be able to get are Markov and Weber. My secondary guys would be Campbell, Byfuglien (admittedly not the best mentor or best defensively but love his size and the way he uses it plus his shot is fantastic),Yandle (again somewhat suspect defensively but he is one of the very best in the league at starting the breakout which we could really use) and Girardi.

ElFossum

Nov 19, 2013
Saskatoon SK
I don't think getting rid of Jeff Petry is wise unless we are directly replacing him with a superior defenseman. What we need is not a defensive defenseman but someone with a strong two way game, who can help on both the power-play and the penalty kill and be physical enough or smart enough with their stick to stop cycles in our own end. Someone who could be a mentor to the young guys we have coming in would be of value as well, Ference is a pretty good guy to teach work ethic and winning habits (but a little more support wouldn't be a bad thing).

The two guys at the top of my list who are likely long shots but we might.... be able to get are Markov and Weber. My secondary guys would be Campbell, Byfuglien (admittedly not the best mentor or best defensively but love his size and the way he uses it plus his shot is fantastic),Yandle (again somewhat suspect defensively but he is one of the very best in the league at starting the breakout which we could really use) and Girardi.

Is there an offer we can use to make NSH unable to refuse not using Hall RNH or our first this year? realistically? 2015 1st + 2016 1st + Eberle +Gagner +?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Is there an offer we can use to make NSH unable to refuse not using Hall RNH or our first this year? realistically? 2015 1st + 2016 1st + Eberle +Gagner +?

This years first will more than likely be mandatory to even get discussions started, Hall and Nuge will be the first two they ask for, to me either of them being involved is a near deal breaker unless it is just one of them and a prospect not named Nurse (for Hall maybe even more stingy than that). I would try to get discussions started off with Eberle, 2014 1st round pick, and Petry which hopefully would be enough to get us very much in the discussion, they would ask for something on top of that depending on the plus I might walk away.

I'm trying to think of who we would be bidding against if Weber was made available and actually has the desirable assets Nashville would want. I'd see us, Philly, and Colorado as the front runners who have an obvious need for his services and the pieces to get it done. I would guess Buffalo and San Jose would be the two darkhorses for his services.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
^ or someone who is #2 ish that can become #1. frankly something needs to happen. pls mac t. pls.

Agreed. A legit #2 would be great for us. With the rumour that Girardi is available, I really hope we're in the running. Then we'd have Girardi, Petry, and Ference only playing slightly above what they should be, instead of expecting a #3 and a #4 to be a top pairing

ElFossum

Nov 19, 2013
Saskatoon SK
Agreed. A legit #2 would be great for us. With the rumour that Girardi is available, I really hope we're in the running. Then we'd have Girardi, Petry, and Ference only playing slightly above what they should be, instead of expecting a #3 and a #4 to be a top pairing

i dont mind that at all because unless we sign him to unreal dollars in the off seaso he'd never come here on his own free will. Although i could just be mega negative.

ElFossum

Nov 19, 2013
Saskatoon SK
This years first will more than likely be mandatory to even get discussions started, Hall and Nuge will be the first two they ask for, to me either of them being involved is a near deal breaker unless it is just one of them and a prospect not named Nurse (for Hall maybe even more stingy than that). I would try to get discussions started off with Eberle, 2014 1st round pick, and Petry which hopefully would be enough to get us very much in the discussion, they would ask for something on top of that depending on the plus I might walk away.

I'm trying to think of who we would be bidding against if Weber was made available and actually has the desirable assets Nashville would want. I'd see us, Philly, and Colorado as the front runners who have an obvious need for his services and the pieces to get it done. I would guess Buffalo and San Jose would be the two darkhorses for his services.

That's ridiculous. Id rather spend all of that on a few players personally. Like Girardi and Campbell.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Great plan, but if the worst team in the NHL doesn't want you, what makes all the people in this board think that any of the other 29 teams in this league are dmb enough to want these guys???? Seriously delusional. If they get better than a 4th for Hemsky and a 3rd for Gagner I'd be surprised... I wouldn't want Gagner on that contract.

If Horcoff can be traded (and he was), pretty much anything is possible.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Pittsburgh looks like they can use a RW now that Dupuis is done for the year. I wouldn't mind shipping Hemsky there for one of their dmen. Would it be worth it for a guy like Despres?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Pittsburgh looks like they can use a RW now that Dupuis is done for the year. I wouldn't mind shipping Hemsky there for one of their dmen. Would it be worth it for a guy like Despres?

I don't know that Pit would be eager to move him, but I think there could be a fit there for the Oilers, plus the Oilers are in an excellent position to eat alot of the cap hit.

Not exactly sure how it would work out, but I could see this.

To PIT: Hemsky (Max Cap Retention)

Being worth it for the Pens.

Edit: Maybe this could work for them

To PIT: Hemsky (Max Cap Retention), Arcobello and Potter (Lots of hurt blueliners)

To EDM: Vitale, Megna and Despres(Or other young defenseman)

Last edited:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Not a chance, we'd be lucky to get Dumoulin or Harrington for Hemsky+4th.

darkbrew*

Letang for Yakupov straight up. What say you oilers fans? Curious as I think its a trade both teams may say no too which probably means its fair. Letang may not be a perfect stud defensively, but in the short term you would upgrade offensively and defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad