Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 13/14 - XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Simpsons said on the radio that there are rumours of Phillips being traded to Boston, probably because he read that stuff on hfboards. Mendez roasted him for it.

How long until people start declaring that radio guys confirmed rumours of Phillips to Boston?

Its like a ******** snowball.

Citogenesis
citogenesis.png

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Im talking about winning in general. Spezza's play style, lack of effort and lack of defensive ability(or not even trying to play defense) is for losers.

Its obvious he's ok with it because he's done nothing to try to change. He's essentially the same player that we drafted 13 years ago.

I guess we just see things differently. I only occasionally have a problem with his defensive effort, not much more than any other player. His defensive game has grown immensely over the last 4 or 5 years.

Gothenburg 40*

Spezza, to me, is more comparable to Scott Gomez then he is to Alex Ovechkin or Ryan Getzlaf... and didn't the Sharks let him walk for nothing?

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Spezza, to me, is more comparable to Scott Gomez then he is to Alex Ovechkin or Ryan Getzlaf... and didn't the Sharks let him walk for nothing?

You are missing the part about their contracts. And the way they play. And the difference between a roughly 0.7 PPG player and a PPG player. And a one season drop in season versus a regression that happened over several years.

But on the other hand, Spezza's name starts with S and Gomez's name starts with G, so I guess that is something.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Disagree.

You may not like his style.. But he has opinions that are honest and fact based for the most part..

That said I'm just a big fan of his radio persona.

Calling him an idiot mught be going too far. But i always feel like he's pushing an agenda regarding players he likes or dislikes. I find myself disagreeing with his assessments more than any of the other radio personalities on the team... Except for when Brennan graces us with his prescence, doesnt get any worse than him.

Gothenburg 40*

How about they used to be good but no more? And no one wants them, even the team that has them. And they're old.

More direct comparables there then to both Olympians (Getzlaf and Ovechkin).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How do you know? Perhaps Im Darren Dregger in disguise ;)

Prove that im not.

Multiple factors factor in to me not believing youre dreger.
What factors make you believe that Simpson is lying? or that Mendes is correct?
Im not even really defending Simpson, just defending the point that these guys are in a position to know things, that we, as mostly stay at home fans, are not.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ive heard a spezza -gomes comparison AND a "Spezza is a loser and hes Okay with it" in one day. I solemnly swear to never join into a Spezza discussion again on these boards

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
yup i'd much rather listen to you all day. please please tell us what station you are on

This is such a ******** argument. There's many unqualified, biased dumbasses on TV and Radio. Just turn on sportsnet and listen to the analysis by just about everyone they bring on for proof.

Being in the business and having the connections to get you a job does not automatically make you smarter than everyone sitting at home watching the games. They still have their own biases and limitations with critical thinking.

Gothenburg 40*

Ive heard a spezza -gomes comparison AND a "Spezza is a loser and hes Okay with it" in one day. I solemnly swear to never join into a Spezza discussion again on these boards

I've seen Gomez's name written as Gomes... I suppose anything is possible today.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This is such a ******** argument. There's many unqualified, biased dumbasses on TV and Radio. Just turn on sportsnet and listen to the analysis by just about everyone they bring on for proof.

Being in the business and having the connections to get you a job does not automatically make you smarter than everyone sitting at home watching the games. They still have their own biases and limitations with critical thinking.

mm yeah this is true... but in terms of coming across legitimate inside information....The analysts on the radio, tsn, sportsnet are far more likely to stumble upon those than we are.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
The main difference between media personalities and fans on Internet hockey forums is that media personalities hype things up in order to drive ratings, while online fans simply try to trade Spezza all day long. They each have their biases, but the biases are different.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Multiple factors factor in to me not believing youre dreger.
What factors make you believe that Simpson is lying? or that Mendes is correct?
Im not even really defending Simpson, just defending the point that these guys are in a position to know things, that we, as mostly stay at home fans, are not.

It was the way he mentioned it, the way he backed off when Mendes asked him where he got the information and kind of made a joke of it. Chuckled, hesitated then dropped the ol Bruce Garioch "league executive" bombshell of nothingness.

That was my impression, perhaps Im wrong, but it seems more likely to me that he was goofing around than the rumour was something of substance.

We know those guys read these boards to come up with stuff to talk about, and to gauge where the fans are at. It's not at all unlikely as far as im concerned that this is where those rumours as Simpson said, originated.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

I like Shawn Simpson. I like listening to him and think he is one of the best analysts on 1200.
My opinion.

If your opinion is that he is an idiot, go ahead and state your opinion, but that does not make him an idiot. It simply means you disagree with him. Understand?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I like Shawn Simpson. I like listening to him and think he is one of the best analysts on 1200.
My opinion.

If your opinion is that he is an idiot, go ahead and state your opinion, but that does not make him an idiot. It simply means you disagree with him. Understand?

Can you act it out in puppets for me? I am a little slow. :dunce:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ovechkin had 65 points in 78 games that season - that's nearly a 70 point pace. I would be ecstatic if Spezza managed to hit 70 points this season.

Spezza is on pace for 64 points, and he's historically a strong finisher and has been producing very well lately. I would be surprised if he doesn't hit 70 points. Think about that. Spezza is having the worst year of his career and he will probably still put up 70 points and 25 goals.

Getzlaf had 57 points in 82 games. I will not deny that that is a poor offensive season for a player of his calibre. However, as I mentioned previously, he brings a lot more to the table than simply goals and assists. Spezza really doesn't.

Like what? Getzlaf is far from a defensive stalwart. Doesn't bring "a lot more" than just goals and assists. He's not a great skater either. He plays on a great team though.

Your comparisons are poor.

Ok.

thefatjesus*

we should trade Philips for Adam Mcquaid. 27 years old, Big RHD who can fight

allows Wiercioch and Boro to fight it out for the bottom pairing.

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci
Wiercioch-Mcquaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad